[ORP] Whitwater Estate

Moderator: Community Team

Mantas

Re: [ORP] Whitwater Estate

Post by Mantas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am

Mantas noticed that Bridget started drinking at a slower pace but he didn't let that slow him down. He could become quick to anger sometimes after to many drinks but there was little worry about that here. Some slurred speech or a spilled drink were his only concerns today and considering the last time he had taken time to relax had been so long ago it was well worth the risk.

"Let's switch to a more pleasant conversation. How are things looking for Widu? Do you have any plans I could assist with?"

Bridget

Post by Bridget » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Mantas seemed to relax at her response. Bridget topped up his glass, the whiskey bottle now empty. "Worry not, there's plenty more in the pantry!" She chuckled and winked at her guest.

She leaned forward in her chair and picked up a slice of bread. She idly tore it to bits as she pondered his questions. The first was easy, the second on the other hand...

"Widu is doing well these days. The population increase in the past year has been wonderful. Finally we have an active militia and jobs are plentiful." She thought back to the many sleepless months she'd spent guarding town hall. That had been a very lonely time. "Perhaps there's a place for you in town council in the future, should that be of interest."

"My plans, you ask?"
As she considered Mantas' second question, Bridget stood and turned away, gathering her arms about herself. "I feel like... a journey might be in my future." She turned and smiled, an obvious weight lifted, a new sparkle in her eye, "And now that you've found a home for yourself here in Fenia, what do you desire for your future?"
Thank you, Aishe!

Mantas

Post by Mantas » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:01 am

"A journey?" Mantas exclaimed with much more excitement in his voice than normal. The drinks are slowly starting to turn his typical serious and somber attitude into one more jovial. A smile was on his face as he continued. "I used to detest travel but over the last few years have become fond of it. The road offers a much needed break from the workshop, my studies and running the estate. Whenever I can afford to slip away I travel to another town for trade or... Mantas paused and stared at Bridget realizing he shouldn't finish that sentence. ...other business. I would try to invite myself along but I'm afraid I should be spending time in the workshop and library for the foreseeable future. Do you have a destination in mind?

Mantas considered Bridget's question. He had already accomplished all of the early goals he had set for himself. "I do intend on starting some sort of guild in the future. I won't be ready for such an undertaking for some time though. For now I'm just focusing on my studies in the library."

Bridget

Post by Bridget » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:18 pm

Bridget smiled and sat back down as she watched Mantas loosen up a bit across from her. She was used to everyone acting so proper and formal in her presence, it was nice to feel able to let her guard down for an afternoon.

“I traveled for many, many months before I first arrived in Widu. Those times were not easy so when I found my place here, I stayed put for several years.” She twirled the remaining liquid in glass, not wishing to finish it as that might signify their conversation was to come to its end. “After I made a name for myself here, I once again spent some time on the road, seeing all the far corners of Secfenia. I traveled alone again, but that time it was…” She pondered for a moment, a slight grin appearing on her lips, “… cathartic. Of course, by then I had the means to travel in much more luxury. As for a destination this time… yes: I intend to revisit the land where I was born. I have some unfinished business to attend to.” She attempted to project confidence and conviction she didn’t have.

Bridget quickly downed the rest of her whiskey and, feeling another surge of boldness, spoke openly,
“Not that it matters, Mantas, but I’m proud of you and how much you’ve accomplished during your short time in Widu. I feel like you’ve got much to offer this kingdom, and I want you to know that I’m here should you ever need help or advice or… anything… to get you to where you want to be. I’m just really happy you settled here.” She felt her cheeks flush slightly, as they did when she spoke without forethought. “Now… should I get another bottle, or do you have to get back to your busy schedule?”
Thank you, Aishe!