The great winter Wheat burning festival

Moderator: Community Team

waerth

The great winter Wheat burning festival

Post by waerth »

Waerth looked at his shed. It was full of wheat that no one seems to buy ever. In his mind he cursed the government.
As usual whether Widu is Kiene or now with the new owners, they will compete their own farmers to dead.
Somehow millers were getting wheat but they didn't buy it from the market. He had almost 20 weeks worth of weed, which he was selling at the same price as the government and no one buying it.

"Time for action" Waerth said out loud.

He took the for sale sign of the wheat on the market and bought up all other corn and other cheap food stuffs. He then walked back into his home looking for something to lit a fire with.
Nikola

Re: The great winter Wheat burning festival

Post by Nikola »

A letter is delivered to Waerth.
Dear Waerth,

It has come to my attention that you have a number of items that don't seem to be selling on the market in your town. If you wish to sell direct to the VR, please let me know and I will happily send you a grant to gather in your surplus. The VR is dependent on the mayors to sell things on our Fair, but we are also open to buying direct from the farmer if he cannot seem to get his produce to the VR in the usual ways.

Sincerely,

Nikola
Finance Minister
Mantas

Post by Mantas »

Wheat is and has been listed on Widu's buy list for 9.5F. The VR only offered me 9F.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Who only offered you 9F from the VR? That's what we pay for potatoes, not wheat. We pay more than that as you would know if you ever tried to sell any of it at a reasonable price on the Fair. The only thing you have placed on the fair are goods the VR could use, but at outrageous prices aimed at the poor peasant towns. I have never paid only 9F for wheat and I have been FM ever since I moved to Fenia several years ago with the exception of a couple of temporary breaks. So if someone is telling you the VR only pays 9F, they are in error.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Mantas wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:11 pmWheat is and has been listed on Widu's buy list for 9.5F. The VR only offered me 9F.
Wheat prices usually range between 10F and 12F.
If abundance is suppressing your wheat prices below that, perhaps someone could travel some to the other towns?
Your Mayor might need a poke to adjust that buy list too.
I don't know when that was leftover from, but wheat should really be no less than 10F and VR does buy it for more.
@waerth
I can't come traveling right now, I'm pre-queued in my cowfield, but if you are looking to unload wheat and can get it down to me for say somewhere between 10.20F and 10.50F, I'll buy it up; and if you want to bring back any T2/3 foodstuffs, let me know. I'm producing cheese and cream for 16F and chicken soups for 23.45F
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Mantas

Post by Mantas »

Waerth has already returned all of the purchased items and I've purchased his wheat reserves as a thank you for his cooperation. I believe this issue had very little to do with his overstock of wheat as I've been purchasing it at a much higher rate since I've become mayor. This was simply some misguided anger that I believe we have straightened out. If it isn't entirely resolved then Waerth is free to further our discussion here or in private.

The only issue I see here is Nikola escalating a situation before I've had a chance to resolve the issue. Why would you step in representing the VR and encourage someone to strip my market bare and receive payment from you directly for it? I must have been mistaken about the VR wheat price but I do recall that it was to low compared to the price of wheat upon taking office.

At first you insinuate that I am not doing my duty bringing Widu's goods to the VR fair yet you see the amount of goods that I've got listed that I replenish on a daily basis. Later you claim that I only sell at outrageous prices yet I've been selling corn at the VRs suggested price when I have to much for the peasant towns. Just last week I had finally raised Widu's funds to a comfortable level and sold numerous items below your suggested prices. Don't worry I will not be making that mistake in the future.

Why are you attempting to poison the populace against me? Why are you acting as if making money for my town is a negative thing? I use these funds to keep my walls maintained, keeping an army on standby, covering the cost of guard duty when the Finance Minister decides to pay a month behind schedule and securing necessary stat foods for my citizens. As Finance Minister I hope you can comprehend that different towns have different price points. Widu's stat foods tend to be below other towns. When I contact the other mayor's asking for assistance for items to add to my market it is often at a price higher than my citizens are accustomed to paying. I raise funds in other ways to be able to sell these needed items at cost.

Nikola, the next time there is a local issue I suggest you contact me to find out if any assistance is necessary or at the very least refrain from soiling my name and encouraging the stripping of my market.

Duke of Earl, I realize you do not have access to the VR Fair and it has been a few days here with no response so you were simply being a concerned Fenian attempting to offer aid. Thank you for your response.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

You read an awful lot into a simple offer of assistance to one of your citizens, who happens to also be a citizen of the wider kingdom of Fenia. It is my job to try to help whenever there is a need in our kingdom. I don't believe that there was anything in my offer that could be misconstrued as trying to strip your markets bare. I can't imagine that Waerth is the town's only supplier of wheat, or that wheat is in that much demand if he was unable to sell what seemed to be a considerable surplus.As for the militia subsidies, the only reason the VR paid late was that I was critically ill and someone else was watching the office for me as I was unable to take care of it myself. As soon as I was strong enough to return to my office, I got those payments out plus the next month's payment ahead of schedule. While my offer of assistance was not an attack on you, your recent response directly to me certainly was an attack on my character. I do not appreciate it, but honestly, I don't have the energy or time to even care all that much. If your citizens need something they are free to ask wherever they wish, as are you as mayor.
Mantas

Post by Mantas »

Your offer to purchase his items was a direct response to him purchasing all of the corn, eggs and wheat listed on the markets. His stockpile of wheat was obtained before my time in office. The majority of wheat I've listed on the VR fair has been his. Perhaps part of his recent incident was because it wasn't being purchased fast enough but I can only speculate. His reasonings to me for this didn't include anything about the town not purchasing his wheat. He seemed to be angry about another issue and had an odd way of communicating that to me. If you or Waerth wish to make arrangements for the wheat he produces I would have no issue with that.

While they might have been subtle you certainly did insert a few jabs at my expense. You can deny this if you wish but I simply responded in kind.

I have and will continue to contact you if the need arises. If you could learn to do the same then perhaps our next encounter could be more pleasant.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Might I ask you to point out where he mentioned having bought up all the corn, eggs, and wheat listed on Widu's market? I cannot find it.
Mantas

Post by Mantas »

waerth wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:34 am He took the for sale sign of the wheat on the market and bought up all other corn and other cheap food stuffs. He then walked back into his home looking for something to lit a fire with.