How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Moderator: Community Team

Drydan

Re: How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Post by Drydan »

Once he came back she nudged him asking him if he wants to unpack his bag. In his mind, not yet. But suddenly she disappears then reappears in a robe with a lace peeking out from the robe. He swoops her up carries her to bed and lays her on the bed.

My bag can wait. Right now let's just cuddle before we sleep for the night. It's been a long day with doing our jobs at the Castle plus moving to here. Sound good?

He climbs into the bed slipping next to Ava wrapping his arms around her and snuggles her.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava softly yelps in surprise being scooped up so abruptly. She didn't even get a chance to hang on for this ride. In less than ten strides she is placed on the bed.

"Cuddling sounds good, love," she says as she sheds her robe, tossing it to a nearby chair. She turns toward him...his chest her pillow, his heartbeat her lullabye as her arm drapes over his tummy...and tries to relax. This isn't the first time they have spent the night under the same roof, but it is the first time in a bed. Butterflies begin to tumble a bit in the pit of her stomach.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He smiles watching her get comfortable as she lays her head on his chest draping her arm around his chest. Within few minutes, he was asleep which was not surprised as they both had a long day. It was also unusual for him to sleep matter of fact any elves to sleep. They can stay up for long days with little rest in between.

It was morning when Corrie runs into the bedroom that woke him up hearing her say Da as she was trying to climb up into the bed. He chuckled and lifted her with one arm since Ava was laying on his chest and placed her on the side of him. Corrie lays her head down on his shoulder cooing in his ear.

Well, good morning lil princess. Did you have a good night sleep?

Corrie tells him yes and kept her head on his shoulder.
Ava

Post by Ava »

The fog of sleep is still thick for Ava as she stirs feeling slight movement. However through that fog comes an angelic sound...Corrie's voice. Was she dreaming...? More subtle movements and another soft voice...a voice that warms her soul as it reverberates through her ear. Deep and soft, yet strong.

The fog of sleep finally begins to lift and her eyes slowly surrender to the fact that it is morning and reluctantly flutter open. That reluctance soon passes when the view draws a sleepy smile to her face when she sees Corrie snuggled on his other side.

"Good morning...," she says in a sleepy voice. It never ceases to amaze Ava....there is little Corrie with pillow wrinkles on her cheek...her hair going every which way...and she is still the most beautiful thing she has ever seen. Ava reaches to softly caress her little back as she savours these quiet moments.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He lays there thinking he has two most important people in his life at his side. He smiles closing his eyes once again but hears Ava saying good morning to Corrie. Corrie lifts her head up cooing and kisses her mother's cheek then lays back down. He whispers quietly.

Good Morning love. How did you sleep last night?

He opens his eyes looks at Ava who is looking at Corrie. He knew what she was thinking..Corrie is an angel and so precious. Today they may work on Ava's wardrobe so he could put his clothes away properly. Perhaps check around the house to see if there needs repairs and repair as well. On top of that go to the Castle checking for Mining reports as well Ava needs to go. MMMMM why not bring Corrie with him let Rachel have a day off. Now that is an idea.

MMM, I guess it is time to get up and get breakfast going. I think I'd like to check around the house to see if there needs anything repaired or unless you already know. Of course go to the Castle and do our Castle work...I got to thinking I'd like to bring Corrie with me to my office and let her enjoy the time with me and let Rachel off for the day? Oh yes clothes sorted too. What do you think?
Ava

Post by Ava »

The yummy smell of bacon, eggs and toast drifts through the open bedroom door an teases Ava further awake. Hearing Drydan's plans for the day bring another smile to her face.

"Hmmm...sounds okay to me, love. She has joined me in my butcher shop many times. And Mitzie will be there to help you keep an eye on her, too. I think Rachel will enjoy a day off as well.". Ava squirms stretching everything she's got in effort to wake up sleepy muscles and looks at Corrie.

"You want to spend the day with Da?". Ava smiles, then giggles hearing Corrie giggle. "I think that means Yes, love...though we'll see how she reacts to a change in her routine, I guess. It's up to her now.". Ava leans to give each of them a kiss then sits up, snags her robe putting it on.

"I don't know about you two, but I'm hungry. Time for breakfast," she says as she heads for the door. "You two can stay right there....more for me," she teases, then ducks out the door.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He laughs watching Ava ducks out but he swooped Corrie into his arms grabs his robe put them on on the way to the Dining area. He could just 'appear' in the dining room but best not ...not this time. Someday he will.He sat down in a chair setting Corrie on his lap waiting for the food to arrive. He looks at Corrie who is looking for food too as well cooing and giggling.

It does smell good doesn't it Corrie? I am pretty starved and I am sure you are too. We going to have fun in my office right?

Corrie stands up on his lap gives him sloppery kisses on his cheek and giggles. Then she sits back down on his lap leaning against him waiting for breakfast to arrive.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Hunger takes priority over lingering as they all make short work of their food and soon all that is left is empty plates. Ava looks to Rachel.

"It seems Corrie is going to spend the day with Drydan today. Could you please stock the nappy bag when you get her dressed?"

"Yes miss Ava, I can do that. Will you need me later?

"Thank you, Rachel. And no, your day is you own to do as you wish. So see you around dinner time this evening?". Rachel smiles and nods as she picks Corrie up to get her dressed for the day ahead. Ava looks to Drydan as she collects the dishes. "I'll wash, you dry? Then we can get ready for work too."

She sinks the dishes into the wash basin an begins to scrub.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He gets up after Rachel takes Corrie to dress enters the kitchen begins to dry the breakfast dishes. After a bit when the dishes were done table washed and counters washed as well, he swooped Ava into his arms carries her to the bedroom so she could get dressed and he grabs his clothes went into the bathroom and got dressed. When he was finished he enter the sitting room waiting for Ava to finish getting dressed so that all three of them would walk together to the Castle. While he was waiting, Rachel enters with Corrie tagging along then runs as fast as she could on her toddler legs to him and plops down on his lap. Rachel set the bag down next to him.

Thank you Rachel, enjoy your day.

You're welcome sir and I will just do that. See you at dinner tonight.

Rachel turned and exited out the sitting room. Corrie looks up to him stands up on his lap touches his nose as if she was putting his nose back. He chuckles lightly.

Well, why thank you Corrie.

He held her hands while she stood on his lap and she danced while waiting for Ava.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava quickly washed up and got dressed. Opening the window she dumped her wash basin into the flower bed below, then went to find her two favourite souls. She pauses in her step watching them play from the doorway. Corrie is the first to notice her and squeals with a big grin. Having been discovered, Ava smiles and covers the distance and gives them both good morning kisses again.

"All ready to go," she tells them...and soon they are off to begin their day. Ava had bundled up with many layers to stave off the cold. Today she is walking the walls of the city on militia duty after finishing her reports in the castle.

The walk is brisk as is the morning fresh air. Inside the castle doors she gives them both one last kiss before they part ways. "Alright, see you two after work. Have fun!". None too anxious to be outside again, Ava stands watching as Drydan and Corrie walk down the hall to his office. As they disappear through a door, she finally makes her way to her own tasks at hand.

The day seems to drag by so slowly for her, but alas she hears the church bells chime on the hour she is set to finish for the day. Tired as she is from her guard duties, that doesn't stop the feeling of elation that soon she will see her fami....she pauses in her thoughts as the smile on her face grows...Yes..her family. There hasn't been a wedding yet, but that is how she has come to feel about life with Drydan, Corrie an herself.

And then another thought crosses her mind that makes her heart quicken as she chews on the corner of her lower lip. Should she mention it this soon? How would he react if she brought it up? Ava decides to wait a bit longer before approaching this thought aloud. Things like this should not be handled lightly, but be given some serious consideration.

She sets her thought to the back of her mind for now and heads for the tavern. As she steps through the door all sense of worry on her face gives way to a bright smile seeing everyone there, and her reason for breathing is bouncing on Drydan's lap giggling.