How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Moderator: Community Team

Drydan

Re: How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Post by Drydan »

Finally with Corrie and Ava being all bundled up and off they went to the Castle. Him working in the Mining office while Corrie played nearby him with Mitzie watching closely. He had the fire going to keep the room nice and toasty. Every morning the fire is lit before he enters the office, he has his 'secretary' to start the fire in the fireplace before the day begins at the office. Once he got his work done, he played hide a seek with her and had a great time with her. Then after they got done playing he took her home and played with her toys and flew her like a bird when Rachel came in and mentioned that she wanted to take over watching Corrie for a bit and send me off to the Tavern and bring her over after awhile. The day was wonderful....finally he had a family that he could call Family. He entered the tavern seeing familiar faces and normal patrons that visit there. After awhile, Ava comes in and plops down on his lap...oh she was cold so he warmed her up by sending heat to her. He was glad to see her in the evening.

Good day my love? I had a wonderful day with Corrie...we got to play hide a seek in my office and it was fun. Oh yeah I got my work done before you ask me if I did *chuckles* However then took her home played with her toys with her and flew her like a bird. It was a very good day. Rachel came in took over the duties watching Corrie and she will bring her over in a few matter of fact here she is.

As soon as he got done speaking, Rachel comes in with Corrie tugging along and Mitzie behind. Corrie's face lights up and starts running as fast as she could on her toddler legs to her mother and climbs up onto her lap then gives her slobbery kisses.

Corries speaks MA!
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava is happy once more that she has her two favourite people with her once more as she absorbs Corrie's kisses like a thirsty sponge. No matter what kind of day she's has, those kisses make it all go away. Corrie squeals and yells happily making Ava giggle.

"I hear you kept Da busy today. Did you let him get his work done?". Then Drydan fills her in on their day and Ava laughs then glances ay Mitzie. Poor wolf looks tired all curled up snoozing by the fire.

"Looks like Mitzie had a full day, too," she says with a grin. Hearing her name, Mitzie looks up without lifting her head as if to agree, and that makes Ava giggle more.

After a couple hours Corrie yawned...an automatic signal that it is nap time. Ava cradles her in her arms humming a soft lullabye and soon sleepy little eyelids surrender an close. Ava wraps her in a warm fuzzy blanket an looks to Rachel. "Please take her home, and we'll be there in a little while."

"Yes miss Ava," she replies as she gives Drydan & Ava a moment to give parting kisses to little Corrie. Mitzie seems lost in wolf dreamland, but the instant Rachel heads for the door, she is up and leading the way out.

An untold amount of time passes in good company of their friends an family when out of nowhere Ava's tummy let's out a growl she is certain could be heard in the next VR and giggles with rosey cheeks.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He watched Corrie giving her kisses and not a moment too soon she is knocked out from her day with her father who took her to work at the Castle. Rachel took her home after he gives her kisses. A little while later he heard some noises coming from Ava and looked over to her. He chuckled lightly as it seems to him that she is hungry so he asks her.

Darling, shall we head home so we can have dinner? To be honest, I am hungry myself. I think if I remember Rachel had just put in a roast for dinner tonight with carrots and potatoes.

He snuggled her as he waited for her response.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava blushes and giggles from the ruckus her stomach made, and then to hear her love laugh at it makes her cheeks even rosier. "Ohhh..Rachel makes a wonderful roast." Just thinking about it made her tummy growl all over again and made Ava giggle even more. She snugs against his chest and whispers in his ear. "And maybe after dinner and Corrie is all tucked in, you and I could share a hot bath??"

Ava leans back just enough to see the reaction on his face as she finished her question with a little smile on her face.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He looks down at Ava and smirks thinking about that bath with her sounds like a fun time and would love to take one with her.

MM a bath with you? That would be lovely and sure. We both will have some little fun.

He winks suggestively at Ava. He looked out the window seeing it was about time to head home and eat the roast for dinner. Then get Corrie ready for bed after dinner, read a book to her as he has done when he was there to put her to bed. Now that he is there nightly, he will make a point to read to her at bedtime. That would develop a good relationship with her as she gets older.

And don't forget about myself reading to Corrie...every night a story to be read to her before she falls asleep. Oh shall we head out?

He stood up offering his hands to hers to help her up from her seat so they could go home and have dinner.
Ava

Post by Ava »

At first his smirk was a bit alarming...but that soon passed hearing his words and receiving a wink. Her cheeks flame crimson at his implications of his words, but she did suggest it after all.

"I agree...Corrie enjoys you reading to her. Though mama likes to read too, sometimes." She winks back at him. "It is a simple pleasure of life that we can both share, don't you think?" She smiles at him as he asks if they should head out and takes his assist to get up.

"By all means..I thought you'd never ask," she gently teases him...then huggles all her friends good night, and soon they are on their way home. Home. She ponders that word in her head and all that it implies. The smile that crosses her face seems a permanent fixture there.

Once they reached home, Rachel had dinner finished and the table set . Dinner was a relaxed affair with jesting and laughter. Ava even noticed that Rachel was beginning to relax in Drydan's company and enjoying herself, as well. As always Corrie is the center of attention, usually wearing just as much of her dinner as she consumes. Mitzie makes short work of licking up the mess on the floor and Ava knows Rachel will mop the floor when all is finished.

And soon it is bath time for Corrie....
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

Finally they arrive home with dinner finished, they both give Corrie a bath and got her ready for bed. He decided to let Ava read to Corrie tonight.

Unless she objects, you go ahead and read tonight. I will sit over here and listen you read. Or rather me read, so you can get the bath ready.

He winks at her as they continue to look for a book to read for this night.

Ah HA here we go..how about this book?

He shows the book to Ava as he waits for her response who is going to read and if the book is good to read.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava knew she had spoken with Rachel about their plans for the evening when she heard him speak. His words bring her eyebrow to attention as she looks at him.

"Let me get this straight. If I read to her, you sit there and do nothing but listen. But if you read to her I am to go make up the bathwater?? Tell me exactly, just how does that work??" His wink to her and continuing to look for a book makes her wonder if he realizes what he just said and was rethinking himself.

But in the end a story is read and a sleepy little one is tucked into her bed and soon they are standing in the wash room before a steamy hot lavender scented. The water looks so inviting to her and she wastes no time disrobing and sinking into the delightful abyss completely, then comes up for air and looks at him. "You coming, love?" She coyly smiles an reaches for a clean cloth and a bar of lavender scented soap.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He chuckled hearing Ava asking him about what he said.

Well...I thought by the time I am done reading to Corrie she'd be fast asleep and the bath would be ready but no matter.

So they read to Corrie whom fell fast asleep and tucked her in bed. He followed Ava into the wash room and quickly disrobed himself and slips in behind Ava taking the cloth and lavender soap begins to wash her back.

Of course I'm already behind you in the tub dear love.

He leaned forward kisses her neck as he continued to wash her back.
Ava

Post by Ava »

The hot water wraps around her like a warm, cozy blanket. With her back lovingly scrubbed she settles back against him, closes her eyes and relaxes. All is good in her world....until....a moment of deja vu...

Ava sits straight up in the tub, splashing a bit of the water from the tub, with a confused look on her face as flashes of something....someone...races through her mind. She feels like she has been here before. Of course she has taken many baths, but this is different. Memory of being in a tub with a man nestled behind her like this...she turns her head around and for a split second, it isn't Drydan that she sees in her minds eye....and then it is him. Just as quickly as she turned, she turns back around and slowly eases herself back against his chest.

What was that? Ava ponders the flash for a moment but the images are gone now, but the disorientation remains. Who was that face she first saw? Why was she in the tub with that man? Mitzi must have sensed something and comes to the wash room door and just stands there looking at her for a moment, and Ava looks back at her. Once Ava resettled, Mitzi quietly turned and wandered back down the hall to her place by Corrie's bed.

Not wishing to worry Drydan, a strained smile crosses her lips as she lays back against him once more. "Thank you for washing my back, love. It felt wonderful," she softly says as she tries to relax, drawing strength from the man she loves..