How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Moderator: Community Team

Karcier_Aisu

Re: How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWmJ6ib ... F&index=28

He watched her quietly in awe, he never was one to truly show his emotions unless it was overly played. He smiled and nodded as she continued on. How long had it been since he'd had a nice discussion with someone, a year..perhaps two ? He paused at her question, is it a bad thing. He leaned back on his chair and sipped a bit more.

"It isn't a bad thing, at the end of it all there is no good or bad ...only what we believe is right. Others might judge them good or bad but I don't see it that way..you are who you are and so long as you remain true to yourself I think it is what counts." he took another sip of his tea then snatched another cookie, quickly nibbling away at it before looking innocently to Ava, crumbs all over his mouth. "There very nice." he admitted as he eyed more.

He'd been the same at one time he mused to himself, thinking he would do a bad job or not good enough, when it had come down to it he had done better then most. Perhaps because he had had that fear of failing. She was a strong lady, she just didn't admit to it all. "I think you could do it...not that you have to of course." he chuckled. "But I think that realisation .. is what would help you march through it. But at the end of the day, we are all individuals whom do what feels good for us." he smiled and ate another cookie. "Do you have any questions you'd want to ask little old me ?"
Ava

Post by Ava »

The towel she whipped at him went unnoticed and lays in a heap at his feet, where it fell. Hoping she hadn't offended him she discretely reaches down and picks it up. No sooner had she finished her question when she heard ... music? It is a pleasant yet strange sound for this time of year. Her eyes drift to the window as curiosity wins and she gets up to go have a look, but sees nothing and returns to her chair.

Ava inwardly sighs relief when he says her current plateful isn't a bad thing, and then inwardly cringes when he tries to reassure her that she could do any of those jobs. He seems to have confidence in her abilities and that much makes her smile. She knows she could probably do those jobs as well, but just hasn't the desire to make an attempt.

Watching him eat more cookies draws a smile to her lips. "I'm glad you like them. I found the recipe for those in an old cookbook I found in my closet. Not sure where it came from, though. I have had some memory issues lately. Missing pieces of time where I can't recall what I did or things people said. It is rather frustrating at times. Having divulged that bit of information hadn't been intentional, but now that it is out there, she can't take it back & dismisses it with a shoulder shrug.

"Questions for you? Hmmm. Yes, I have a question.....or six. First one being, besides cookies, what is your favourite food?" She grins and picks up her water glass.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

His favourite food, it had and always will be "Strawberry cake." but it came with the reminder of his sister Genova, whom would always bake him that cake, she had passed away a long time ago now. He suppressed his sudden feeling of sadness not wanting to ruin the moment but in his voice the hint was there. "Yes, I would give my life for one more strawberry cake."

He slowly stood up and smiled to her, "Maybe we could move to somewhere else in the house, let the kids play while us adults do the 'boring' thing and talk." he chuckled softly, wondering if he was overstepping but at the same time he was a cheeky man. "I have one for you, what do you want out of life ?"
Ava

Post by Ava »

"Strawb...." Her word stops half spoken as she was caught off guard. Though as she listens to him she senses he has special memories of strawberry cake, thus realized why he may have chosen that. Her head tilts as she asks the question that comes to mind. "I actually was thinking along the lines of dinner food, though I sense there is more to your words than simple enjoyment of strawberry cake. If I am not intruding on something too personal, may I ask about the hint of nostalgia I hear in your words? She picks up her glass for a sip and listens.

Words spoken as he stands brings a little smile to her lips as she stands with him. "That sounds like a good idea. Turning to her daughter and seeing remnants of at least 3 missing cookies in front of her, she gently scolds. "One more cookie, then no more, okay? I don't want you getting a tummy ache or ruining your appetite for dinner later."

"Okay mommy. One more." Then scours the plate for the biggest cookie she can find, picks it up with a cheeky grin as she takes a bite. Ava shakes her head and giggles, knowing Rachel will wrap up the rest for later.

"You and Theo can go outside or you can go play in your room for a while." Ava knew the thoughts that might be going through Theo's little mind about going into a 'girl's room'...all those dolls and dresses...so Ava adds for assurance purposes. "I am guessing that Theo might enjoy seeing your toy farm with all the animals?" ( https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2ihERGfmErQ/ ... 600/27.jpg ) Ava knew there were a couple dolls in Corrie's room, and not a lot of 'girlie' fluff, that might make a little boy think 'eww', to.

Having said that she retrieves the tea pot from the stove and offers to refill Karcier's cup, refills her own glass and picks up the small plate of cookies that they were sharing. His question is quite a difficult one to just answer in a moment, so with a glance toward the living room she smiles, "Shall we? Your question will be easier to answer from the comfort of the sofa."
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

"There is, do you remember my sister Genova ?" he asked, he chuckled faintly remembering her love of abs and her clumsy tendencies. "She would always bake me a strawberry cake and..well it was like mother used to make..it brings back memories...but" he laughed softly "It tastes really good so its yummy to eat !"

He bowed his head for a refill, then he looked towards the living room and nodded firmly. "I agree, shall we mi'lady ?" he said with a bright smile.

He stood up, taking his cup of tea and offered to hold Avas for her. Eventually he made his way to the sofa that had been mentioned and put the tea on his lap and took a sip. "So, what do you want out of life eh...I am always curious about it. " he gave her a wink.
Ava

Post by Ava »

"Genova..." Ava runs the name through her mind, searching for anything about that name. "Her name rings familiar in my mind, though I don't think she and I ever met. Maybe she did works in Widu and her name came up in conversations around town." Ava smiles softly. "Either way, I am glad to know that her strawberry cake made you happy."

With a smile she leads the way to the living room and sits with her legs tucked under her, her tea on the sofa table as she leans sideways with her arm up on the back of the sofa, her cheek propped with her hand. "So. To answer your question...or rather... your loaded question." Ava grins at him.

"What do I want out of life? What does anyone want? Some want more gold than they know what to do with. Some want trinkets or jewels. Some want to be the strongest or fiercest. Some want to be the pest in everyone's lives. Some can only survive if there is some sort of drama going on. Some like to be brash and sassy....others prefer to be aloof. Some strive to achieve every trophy life has to offer......but me....?" Ava pauses to think about her words before voicing them. She looks up at him with a soft smile. "What I want is more mellow, than all that. Yes, I'm a lady that likes a little shiny in my life. Getting all dolled up for a fancy party with lots of sparkling bits of jewelry is a wonderful thing....once in a while. But what I want the most is to be happy doing my work as well as at home. Some people are the leaders & go getters. Some people are the foundation, the builders, the behind the scenes support. I'm the latter. I have always been in the background watching, listening, waiting for any opportunity to step up and do my part to build or support. I take great personal pride in my work and behind the scenes accomplishments. It is for myself and I never do things in hopes of being recognized with a trophy or boastful recognition. Just knowing that I have helped others, supported others, made the lives of others, easier.....that is what I want most."

Ava pauses and looks down at her other hand in her lap. Toying with the hem of her blouse she continues. "On a more personal level..." She hesitates to finish, but for some reason feels that she must step outside her comfort zone & be honest with him, rather than hold things back. "On a more personal level, I wait for the day that the gods see fit to bring someone special into my life. But at the same time, I... I dread that day. I fear that day, to a point. Every person that has entered my life has either died or things just didn't work out right. It's like ... well, I feel like the village black widow. Yes, I know it is a self imposed 'title'...but it truly fits. It worries me." She shuts up and watches him with a soft expression laced with a hint of worry, as she wonders if he will make excuse to leave....?
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

"Its one of those few moments that I can claim being greedy." he said with a cheeky smile. He took a seat on the sofa, being careful not to sit on ava herself although if he was feeling childish he most likely would of. "Genova was the mayor for a while but then again I could name most mayors of widu." he chuckles.

"Its no sin to want a little something special from time to time, it brings a little guilty pleasure. Its also pleasant." he admitted, he himself had lost any desire for anything having gained so many riches and so on. "You truly are a kind hearted person arn't you, you would do the work and be fine with knowing you helped...I on the other hand simply gave up seeking appreciation." he smiled to her. As she told more of her feelings he nodded with her, knowing exactly what she meant or perhaps understanding but from another angle of his own life.

"You know, I lost Faia..and before her someone else the mayor of Spirus...and before that Ermaylse.We've the same luck it would seem, we fall in love, things go well for a time then they slowly fade away. So technically I'm the village...loner ! " he shrugged and took a sip of his tea before looking at her in her eyes. "You know what I think, taking risks is all part of life...if we didn't live it we wouldn't be able to enjoy it...and we would end up living in regret or fear of what we missed out on." with that said he finished his tea an set it down. "I'll admit you've gotten my attention...perhaps not out of lust..but more from..your kindness ..your quiet gentleness...that is something I could..would come to love." he smiled at her.
Ava

Post by Ava »

That he doesn't get up and make excuse to leave is of great relief to Ava. Conversation is so easy with him that she finds herself relaxing. So much so that she has spilled her inner most thoughts with him. Over the past couple months that began with the snowball fight over the holidays, several letters between them, and now he sits on her sofa in easy conversation....their children playing somewhere in the house....she finds herself comfortable in his presence but still she has just pretty much bared her soul to him with her words. His easy laughter draws a little smile to her lips...how long has it been since she heard that sound of laughter from anyone. An undeniable warmth seeps through her heart when she hears it.

And then he says some things that catch her completely off guard. She knew they had been developing a fond friendship over the past few weeks...but it had not crossed her mind that it could be more. She recognizes the same boyish charm in him that her Paiten & Drydan had, and could hear the warmth in his voice as he spoke of Faia, Ermaylse and earlier, of his sister, but it never occurred to her that she was so much like him in regard to losing those they love. He calls himself the 'village loner' and her eyes dart to his own. He tells her of risk, enjoyment, regrets and fears, and it feels like he is telling her, her own life story. She's heard people say that opposites attract, and to an extent that is true. Though she feels a sense of great comfort as he speaks of their similarities. Comfort that is both good and terrifying all at the same time.

He spells out her personality traits to her in such a casual, easy manner. The sincerity in his voice is unmistakable to her ears and brings rise to warmth in her cheeks. His words... 'could' changed to 'would', sealed with his disarming smile....and it feels like a warm blanket has just been wrapped around her. Even so, she finds herself torn between expressing her thoughts and feelings about him and fleeing the room.

She doesn't flee.

Shoving back all her own personal inner demons, she finally finds her voice. "Yo...." She inwardly chastises herself for tripping over how own words and tries again. "You could...erm...would come to lo... to love.. me?" There, she said it, and can't take it back now.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsDpKFuGPY

There had been a little shimmer in her eyes he'd noted, it was that faint spark of hope he had seen so many times and had always liked in people. And as she spoke, a little stutter creeping in as anxiousness peered into the conversation, it was cute for a lady like herself. He smiled faintly, raising his left hand to scratch his hair as that awkward silence covered the room for a few seconds. She was to the point but then again so would he, he chuckled faintly and looked to her, his own eyes blazing with that fire of energy and a spark that remained there forever.

"Would I come to love you." he repeated, he placed the cup of tea down and turned to face her completely. (If allowed) He cupped her hands with his own and gave them a gentle squeeze to reassure her. "Well...if either of us can read into the future we can find that answer together...if not..then I guess we'll have to give it a go eh..." he chuckled, it was somewhat a cheesy line but then again that was who he was. Then his face became gentle, from the kindness in his eyes to the little biting of his corner left lip he took in a quiet deep breathe. "Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed..to share it with another is the greatest gift anyone can have and I think..I've already begun on this path ...from your simple way of living..to who you are and the little gestures that you do...and not to mention the cookies you bake." he grinned and gave her a wink. "I think we are at a cross roads already, so..if I am happy to try..would you love me back ?"

He was as always poetic to some degree, his philosophy made him think differently and so did his experience of life. He simply smiled to her, no matter the answer be it yes or no. He would still like all the little bits that made her, her.
Ava

Post by Ava »

The few seconds of strange silence and then hearing her question echoed back to her made her heart skip a beat and her breath to get caught in her throat. Had she misunderstood? Did she say something wrong? The look on his face brings a note of regret to her heart that she shoves back as quickly as it came. Silently she chastises herself again. 'Don't cast doubt on yourself, girl. Patience! Hear him out.'

The touch of his hands wrapped around her own had a dizzying effect on her, but she found herself returning a gentle squeeze. With a mind of it's own, her thumb slowly traced across his fingers as she listens to him. For the next few seconds, all she heard were a scattering of words.....'future'..'together'..'give it a go'.

He pauses, she lets out her breath in tandem with his inhalation. Her eyes drift to the corner of his lip that disappears beneath his teeth then back to his eyes. Her heartbeat pounding in her ears as he continues, and again she only hears words like, 'lived'..'enjoyed'..'gift'..'cross roads' and 'begun'..topped off with a sweet compliment about 'cookies'. She can't stop the little smile nor the warmth that seeps to her cheeks, from his touch on her hands.

Then she hears an admission, and the mother of all questions and once again, her breath is caught in her throat. Her heart is pounding at speeds she didn't know possible as inner demons arise with their self doubts, fear, anxiety, worry....so much so that words elude her in spite of his wink and grin.

Was it a conscience move? Was it impulsive? She has no idea as she leans forward and places a soft kiss on the corner of his bitten lip as a reply to his question. Her heart still racing the winds, her cheeks flaming crimson, she slowly sits back and captures his gaze with her own, in a soft gasp. "I.. I think I would be happy to try." Hearing herself say these words, even though it scared her some, it also felt like a homecoming of sorts. Finally finding a happiness again, happiness that she longed for so deeply, but hadn't realized just how much so, until that very moment. Since losing Drydan nearly a year ago, she had given up on finding love.