How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Moderator: Community Team

Ava

Re: How Do You Say, Goodbye??

Post by Ava »

Several months later........

Ava rests on her bed after working hard in her shop. Putting a jewel on a bow isn't really hard work, but it is most definitely tedious work. It takes a lot of time and patience to make sure the stone is set just right so that it can withstand the rough and tumble of use. Her eyes close, and before she realizes.....she sleeps.

The day is nearing an end as she sits in the garden watching Rachel and Corrie play among the flowers. It seems a game of hide and seek is in the works and Ava finds herself giggling at their antics. ..... As she watches them play, something changes. Their steps become slower and slower...Corrie's curls bouncing in he winds, though they barely move...and eventually stop as if frozen in time. Ava looks down at her hands, and they move as normal, then looks back to her daughter, still as a statue. Alarm rises in her soul, yet she cannot voice her concerns.

On the winds a familiar sound...a voice. Hope, fear and curiosity have her head turning toward it. A soft gasp escapes her lips as ... no... it can't be... but it is. It is like a mist...at translucent mist of Drydan, or at least it looks like him...a soft sparkling glow surrounds him as her gaping mouth slowly closes at the same time and speed that she stands up from her bench. "Hello love. I have come to tell you I love you & also to tell you good bye. My time in this realm is done & I have been called to move forward. It is beautiful here & I am at peace. Give Corrie a hug and a kiss for me please, as I cannot do it myself. That is the only part that pains me....not being able to hold you and Corrie close. However, I know you will both be okay and you are both forever in my heart. Please move forward with your life, my love. Find your path with strength and self confidence.

Just as mysteriously as he appeared, the apparition of him slowly fades. His hand goes to his lips as he blows one last kiss....and then he is gone.

"Drydan!!!" His name but a gasped whisper on her lips as she sits straight up on her bed. Her breath comes fast...a cold sweat on her brow. Her hands cover her face only to discover tears coat her cheeks, as she tries to make sense of it all. Looking around, desperately trying to see him again, only he is not there. She comes to realize it was but a dream...a warm yet cruel....dream. As realization slowly sinks into her heart and mind, Ava sinks back onto her bed and soaks her pillow with the cleansing tears of mourning.
Ava

Post by Ava »

A few months later.....

The past few weeks have found Ava engulfed in a snowball fight with one she least expected. She only knew him through his letters to town, sharing information about what is going on, and often times, just some silly rattling about nothing. His letters always seemed to bring a smile to her face and often had Corrie asking her what was so funny. She stumbles into the house dusting said snow off her coat and face, stomping her boots in laughter, having just lobbed a few more snowballs at Karcier.

"Corrie! Corrie, where are you?" "Kitchen, mommy!!" Ava follows her nose toward the delicious aroma of cookies baking. Sure enough, she finds her daughter in the kitchen with Rachel with icing on her hands and a dab on her nose. Ava steps into the kitchen with a bright smile. She rubs her hands together to warm them up and settles in a chair by her daughter.

"I see you are very busy frosting cookies. Can I help you, too?" The holidays are soon upon them, and Ava can't resist sitting down and joining in on the fun of cookie decorating. Soon there are lots of cookies to nom on and share with other.

Ava looks at Corrie with a smile. "Maybe you could give some of these to Rieron. I'm guessing he would like that seeing as he has given you so many cookies in the past." Corrie's face lit up like a the sparkle off diamonds hearing this, and she set to picking out just the perfect ones to give to him. Ava is glad to see that Corrie can still be happy even though Drydan has passed on. Her little angel face gets a sad look on it from time to time, and Ava knows she is thinking about him, but she always cheers back up again.

Ava can't help but admit to the fact that this snowball battle with Karcier has done a lot to allieve her sadness of Drydan's passing. She thought it would be ages before she felt like smiling again, but he has changed that for her in ways she never dreamed possible.
:snowhill:
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

The cold winds that had recently struck widu had kept the snow from melting and left much of the recently fallen snow set, with very few patches of ice to cause injury in town. Karcier had noticed that very few adults had come out into the snow whilst children were onmass playing and using their imagination to create new games, he chuckled slightly to himself as he walked with Theo on his shoulders. He had been recently exchanging letters with Ava and he'd found himself willing to venture into town, after all it would give Theo the chance to experience life outside of the family which in karciers mind was good for the boy.

The snow crunched beneath each footstep, to his surprise the snow had snuck into Widu from the east during the night and covered the town, changing it into a winter wonderland. The market stalls were empty except for the one vendor that braved the cold, trying in vain to sell his frozen apparels to children that found it funnier to build snowmen around the vendor to 'guard' him.

As he was visiting a friend in town Karcier had left without any weapons, not that he couldn't defend himself but in the end he knew he wouldn't need it nor did he want to spook Ava with it. Ava had always been a good friend, one that hid behind others quietly helping out and living her life, he admired that. She had never once asked to be recognised, she simply lived her life. But Karcier had known far to many that had demanded recognistion for their work, its why he admired her, humble and noble.

He checked the address on the patch of paper and looked at the door. "Looks like its this one lil Theo. Wanna knock ?" from up above he heard a "Uhuh" and a small arm reached out to knock lightly on the door.
Ava

Post by Ava »

More laughter and love is spilled into the kitchen as Corrie, Ava and Rachel finish making cookies and clean up their mess. Well, Corrie spends most of her time sorting through the cookies to find just the right ones to give to Rieron, later while Ava and Rachel do the actual cleaning.

Ava turns back to Corrie at the table. "Find the ones you want to share with Rieron?" The smile never leaves her face as she listens to her daughter. "Yes mommy. These three right here." Ava nods her approval with a grin. "Perfect."

Just then there is a soft knock at the door. "Ask Rachel to help you wrap those up while I go get the door." Ava snags a towel to dry her hands on her way through the house, and flips it over her shoulder as she reaches for the doorknob.

Upon seeing Karcier there she screeches and ducks behind the door!! "No Karcier!! Not in the house!!!"

And then there is silence. Ever so carefully she peeks around the door.....and sees him standing there...unarmed, but not alone. "Oh. I thought it was more snowba....." Blush warms her cheeks as she fumbles for the right words. "Won't you please come in? We just finished making cookies."

It is then that Ava takes note of the boy on Karcier's shoulders. "Hello there. I don't think we have officially met. I am Ava. I have a little girl about your age? She is 5." Ava realizes she rambling and steps back to allow them in from the cold. "Please do come in and get warm."

After they're in, Ava closes the door and leads them through to the kitchen. Others might think that an odd gesture, but when people come into her home, they are welcome to all of her home. Turning to their guests she inquires. "Would you like some tea or hot chocolate?"
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

"No Karcier!! Not in the house!!!"

He tilted his head slightly amused, freeing one hand while keeping Theo steady with the other he pointed to himself innocently. "Moi ? I would never do such a thing you must have me confused with someone else that would throw snowballs at you..." he paused to smile somewhat devilishly then as she offered he walked in, wiping his feet and putting down Theo at the same time.

Karcier sniffed at the air but couldnt smell much however Theo began to jump up and down in excited at the smell of cookies, truth be told Karciers senses had dulled after so much rum intake but he smiled and patted Theo on the back. "Go on." He followed them hands in pocket until they reached the kitchen. Theo was hovering around the cookies, a vampire ready to bite down on his victims.

"I'll have a tea please, something that'll ease the hangover" he chuckle. He looked around and waved to Rachel and took a seat. "So how are you doing Ava ?"
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava casts a glance and a grin over her shoulder at him as they walk through the house. "Oui toi, monsieur. After all the snowballs you have thrown at me, I wouldn't put it past you for a single second." She playfully teases him then her eyes capture his son running up the hall. Her smile brightens seeing the little boy so energetic and happy.

Finally reaching the kitchen she is pleased that Karcier feels comfortable enough to settle in a chair without being offered. He didn't strike her as a tea drinker but listened to his reasoning and nods at Rachel. "Rachel, make some willow bark tea with honey, please?" Rachel smiles and gets to it and soon a steaming hot cup of said tea is sitting in front of Karcier, and two glasses of cold milk are in front of the children to drink with their cookies.

"Willow tea is a tad bitter, so you may or may not wish to add more honey to that cup. For her part, Ava settles for a plain glass of water. A nice contrast to the cookies with sweet frosting she had before he arrived.

Taking a sip of her water she ponders his question. "I am actually doing pretty well, considering. I have plenty of work, my active little girl, my god sent angel, Rachel, to help out around the house. Yes, I'd have to say that life is pretty good these days in spite of... Her words trail off into another sip of her water as her brow ever so slightly furrows, but disappears quickly into a genuine smile.

"Besides employing me to bejewel your new bow, and bombarding me with snowballs, what have you been up to?" Her words end with another smile as she takes another sip of her water.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

He nodded thanks for the tea, then smirked lightly when he thought of a fun pun to use. "Oh but Ava, I'm already so sweet anymore honey and you'll be sick of me !" he said chuckling to himself. Taking a sip of the tea, he listened and nodded to her as he listened. A part of him worried for Theo as the boy had always been quiet, but from the corner of his eye he saw that Theo had become a bit more confident in himself he followed and talked to Rachel asking her how the cookies were made.

He smiled hearing that she was doing well although it didn't stop him from worrying, he'd lost Faia a long time ago and such still ate away at his heart when he was either thinking to much or feeling weak. Maybe Ava handled it differently, he looked at her curiously but nodded and smiled.

"I didn't bombard you....they fell from the clouds ...and mysteriously formed into balls and made you into a snow women." he paused to consider about himself. "Lets see...pestering the mayor to give me back my stash of rum and cake I hid in the office...training from time to time and doing priestly things because somehow I'm a priest..." he wondered if anyone had noticed yet how the 'holy water' had turned to vodka because he'd run out of sneezes for the water. "Otherwise not much, laying around town watching people." he said with a smile. He took another sip of his tea and took in a deep breathe of the cookie air. "Smells delicous!"
Ava

Post by Ava »

"Oh you're sweet are you? I suppose you were being 'sweet' when you launched all those snowballs at ... my face!?" Ava playfully teases him as she picks up the honey jar and feigns to pour the lot of it into his tea.
"I didn't bombard you....they fell from the clouds ...and mysteriously formed into balls and made you into a snow women."
"Fell from the clouds? Oh now there's a hot one! I think I just saw your Pinocchio nose hit that wall over there. *grins at him* And yes, I have been more snow woman than human these past couple weeks. Takes me 20 minutes just to get all the snow dusted off and shaken from my hair." She playfully, yet quickly pokes her tongue out at him knowing she's giving just as much as she's getting in their snowball fight. Even in the midst of cookies and milk, Corrie didn't miss that quick tongue flicking out and giggles at her mom before going elbow deep into the cookie tray once more.

As for the rest of what he says, she ponders his words, mentally scratching her head. "You're a priest? How did that happen? Did you want to be a priest?" As she awaited his replies she reaches for a small plate and puts a few cookies from the tray on it and scoots it toward him with a smile, then snags one for herself.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Karcier shrugged innocently as he stirred his tea a little before taking another sip. "Well you didn't complain when you had a snow head" he grins cheekly, not that he could hear her beneath the muffled voice due to the snow.

"No ava...if it was hot the snow would've melted...your so silly." he said with a matter of fact face, "You hear that kids, Ava here thinks its really hot !" that was his way to play a little, friendly banter he enjoyed such. "I think the snowy look suits you" he said with a smile. "It really brings out the...snow on you" he chuckled and sipped more of his tea.

He snatched a cookie as quickly as a ninja and nibbled away at it before replying, with a mouth full of cookies. "I am indeed, I've been the priest ever since Ceol vanished, I'm guessing she's gone to visit some friends...but I don't know. You could ask the same about me having been King...mayor or on the council." he paused slightly, breathing out slowly as he remembered something he'd said to many of his friends in the past. "Its funny...back then, when I was younger. I told everyone I'd never be seen with responsibility...didn't suit me...and yet look at me now...mayor...king...priest...father." he chuckled. "Have you ever thought of running for any of those ?" he asked curiously. "If you did, do you think you'd manage ?" It was a truthful question, he was curious and he did wonder. He had done...fine, in his own mind but those roles had changed him, it had maybe even been the cause of Faia disappearing on him.
Ava

Post by Ava »

As he playfully teases her, Ava snags the towel off her shoulder and whips it at him even as she's giggling. "Yes, it is impossible to protest with a face and mouth full of snow." :P

As he continues to talk she listens to things she knew, but had not really thought about much. She knew he had been mayor & had experience as monarch and now priest....but because of his humourous disposition, those jobs all seemed to suit him nicely. And then he asks a question of her and thoughts of the cookie in her hand are gone.

"Me? Me as mayor, Queen or priestess? Ummm.... no. I am doing good to keep myself above water with finances. Putting me in one of those chairs would be too crazy to consider. I mean, I know there are many that would be there to help me get through it, but just the thought of that kind of stress in my life gives me a cold chill down my spine. I know my limits and really have no desire to see my daughter run screaming away from me when I came home from work, so to speak. I am emotional and highly strung. If something upsets me, it really upsets me. If something makes me angry, I get really angry. But it's all up front. I can't hide it....and I fear that would scare Corrie. She has seen me fussed about things, but she has never seen me, hip deep in emotional fallout. I tend to take things too much to heart. If I feel I failed as mayor or Queen, it would not be pretty. My job of Countess is stressful enough. The citizens know everything they need to know about what to do and how to do it. They come to me when they are in need of something that has run out. That is when I step in and sort a trade with another village, or some other way to find what is needed and see that they get it. But for the most part they are self sufficient."

"Having said that, I am also fiercely loyal. One might say, loyal to a fault. I give 100% to everything from work to play to defending to relationships. Anything less is a waste of time, effort and energy."
Realizing that she's just rattling on, Ava stops and takes a deep breath, before continuing. "So no, I do not see myself in any of those seats. My plate has plenty on it already." She tilts her head a bit. "Is that a bad thing? Me not wishing to be more than Countess, butcher, mother, miner, field worker & defender, when needed?"