*Town Hall Bulletin Board

Moderator: Community Team

Morghain

Re: Town Hall Bulletin Board

Post by Morghain »

Widu Marshall

I suspect I may be a bit slow and behind the times but please thank our new Marshall, Nox, for putting his hand up to lead the protection of our town.
Anyone who is willing to take a turn helping to defend the town, please contact him.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Everyone! Please congratulate Osgar and Tala as they embark on their journey of Matrimony. May the Mages bless their union and make it a long and fruitful one.
Genova

Post by Genova »

Dear citizens of Widu,

Due to the scarcity of cow carcasses, the Town Hall will be selling two cow fields and two wheat fields for only 300 freznics each. This is to help improve the number of cow carcasses in town.

Alternately, the town is giving out loans to citizens who wish to switch their fields to cow fields and their professions to weavers and millers. This is on a first-come, first-served basis.

Should you have any questions, comments and suggestions to improve our market and net income of the citizens, please feel free to send me a message.

In behalf of the Widu Town Council, thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Genova
Mayor of Widu
Genova

Post by Genova »

Dear citizens and friends of Widu,

The town hall will pay 30f anyone who is willing to have a contract with the Widu Town Hall to chop wood to Cork. The TH will purchase the wood to be sold at 5.99f or below. This is for our town trade business.

For now, only five volunteers will be accepted. This is on a first-come-first served basis.

In addition, the TH is purchasing oranges at 13f in the Widu market.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Genova
Mayor of Widu
Genova

Post by Genova »

Although the town poll was viewed and results were forwarded to the citizens, Genova posted a copy of the same letter that she sent Overseer Jason for all the citizens and visitors to see:

Wed Oct 25, 1652

Dear Father Jason,

Thank your for assisting in having our town have an active deacon.

Based on polls that was done and everyone in town was informed about the polls, the people have spoken:

Yes, politics and church are separate entities. (72.22%)
No, the Mages have created all creatures so we should combine both. (22.22%)
I don't care, I don't go to mass anyway. (5.56%)

From this time on, what happens to the temple is none of the town hall's business any more. The people have decided that they wanted the church be separated from the state.

Any concerns and questions regarding the temple should be directed to the deacon/priest/overseer.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Genova
Genova added a note as well.
The town has spoken, that the temple is not a direct responsibility of the Town Hall due to the separation of Church and State, based on the voice of the citizens of Widu.

However, the Town Hall has continued to donate and help the temple for purposes of harmony and peace. Thus, all rumors about the Town Hall denying the temple anything is pure hoax and is a result of a negative propaganda against the Town Hall.

All concerns regarding the temple should be forwarded to the temple officials and not the Town Hall in respect to the separation and independence of both entities.
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova delivered her last letter as Mayor to the citizens of Widu.
My dear fellow citizen of Widu,

This is my last letter and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for helping in making our town a prosperous one.

I would like to thank those who donated their time, effort and items to the town during my term as a Mayor. No amount of thanks would be enough to show our appreciation for what you've done. It would make this letter long if I give out the details of the donations of the citizens. Simply put, thanks to the constant donors like ex-Viceroy Logo, Karcier_Aisu, Yerendeyth, Tana, Ceol, earlfitz and Locien. If there's anyone that I failed to mention, my apologies (my record here only goes back to September, but I always thank the donors on my weekly letters).

Thank you to the current and former members of the Widu Town Council since its reopening such as Locien, pygmental, Yerendeyth, Mazork, Jason, Victorious, Pup, Nonofo, Tesla and FaiaShiria. You have spent countless hours in the Town Hall Chambers even in the unholy hours of the night just to make things happen and to get the job done. You are the anchors of the town and without you, the town would not have been great.

And most of all, thank you everyone, for answering to the call of the town when needed; for switching fields based on the needs of the town; for switching professions; for seeing to it that the market is filled with items; for picking oranges; for participating in our town events; for traveling to the other towns to chop wood or for doing trade runs for the town; and for defending the town. The citizens are the jewels of the town. And with that, I thank you.

I hope that you would give the same support or even more to the next Mayor.

Once again, my heartfelt gratitude.

Sincerely,
Genova
Outgoing Mayor of Widu
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Notice from Mentor -

If you wish for a field please consider getting veggie field as we only have 1, if you can afford animals I would suggest Cow's and Chicken.

I do not recommend Sheep .
Notice Regarding Workshops -

We are in need of 1 Baker for bread
We are in Need of 1 Carpenter for basic gear (Wooden Shields, plain staves, carts , plain axe handles, empty barrels.)
Notice Regarding Ways

There are no specific needs however another State way would be needed for VR Audit, comm, judical points
Wagnard

Post by Wagnard »

Like to see if we can get any buckets here in the town. Its an orchard town, buckets are important. At least, I think they are important to have. Its skeletal hands are filled with frost-coated oranges.
rickfok

Post by rickfok »

Buckets you want? Buckets you get! I didn't notice they were all sold already, I will put some new ones up.

Edit: There seems to be a small problem, the recipe of buckets apparently changed a couple of months/weeks ago. I need to make a small price change which I first need to calculate.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Hello Everyone! Just wanted you all know if you need me for anything please let me know. If I'm not around, Lily will be able to locate me and make sure that I get back to you. My steward is very good and always knows my daily schedule. It is an honor to serve as your Mayoress and it is my job to make sure you all have what you need.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|