*Town Hall Bulletin Board

Moderator: Community Team

Calysta

Re: Town Hall Bulletin Board

Post by Calysta »

Poll Question: What do you want to go in the Historic Registry ((Threads)).

A few people didn't wish to participate, so we have three options, which are historic alley, historic home, or national treasure.

They are listed below ((with links)):

((The Life of Alder {An Alley}))

((Dream-mire Chalet {Teide}))

((The Journal of Karcier Aisu {National Treasure}))

Pick your favorite. (Ends Apr 05, 1655 at 7:22 pm)
Final Results: (Total Votes: 7)

Alder's Alley (28.57%)
Teide's Dream-mire Chalet (42.86%)
Karcier's Journal (28.57%)
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Poll Question: Vote for Best New Home.

((Marshal's Treehouse))

((Anne's First Home))

((Avalon))

Pick your favorite. (Ends Apr 08, 1655 at 8:46 pm)
Final Results: (Total Votes: 10)

Marshal's Treehouse (30%)
Anne's First Home (20%)
Avalon (50%)
Next poll will be up shortly.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Poll Question: Vote for Your Favorite:

((Alder for his visit with Teide))

((Bridget for her visit with Calysta)) (Ends Apr 11, 1655 at 10:49 pm)
Final Results: (Total Votes: 8)

Alder (50%)
Bridget (50%)
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Hello, Widuans!

The Harvest Festival will begin on Monday the 14th and run for two weeks. It will end on Sunday 27th – the day of the Harvest Moon. We have four games for the upcoming Harvest Festival than can be enjoyed in different locations ((2 are played in game and 2 are played in the forum)). Everyone is invited to participate. You can play all games or just the ones you are interested in. The games and their rules are below.

1. Hot Potato
2. Bobbing for Oranges
3. Bean Bag Toss
4. Harvest King / Queen

1. Hot Potato – ((Played in game)) To sign up, send a letter to Calysta. I will then hand out the names of those participating to the players and give the first person to sign up the potato to play this old fashioned game. ((OOC Instructions: I will send a picture of a potato via IC mail to the first person to sign up. As you receive the potato mail, send it to someone else on the list via in game letter. At some point, I will then send out letters to the participants saying “Hot!” Whoever has the potato then returns it to me and is out. I send the new list of names to everyone still in the game and give the potato to the earliest person to sign up who is still in the game. The game proceeds like this until there is only one person left. For an idea of how the real life game works, you can watch this video.)) Prize(s) will be given out. Number of prizes depends on how many people participate.

2. Bobbing for Oranges – ((Played in game)) This is a spin off the old fashioned game bobbing for apples. People sign up for this one by mailing Calysta. Each participant gets 3 chances to bob for oranges. ((OOC Instruction: I will roll dice in tavern, so each attempt has a 50% chance of being successful. For each successful bob, I will send the person an orange juice or another drink if orange juice runs out. For an idea of how this is done in real life, you can watch this video))

3. Bean Bag Toss – ((Forum Game)) 2 week event starts Monday 14th. 1st Participant tosses a bean bag anywhere in town. 2nd participant tosses a bean bag at the 1st participant or 1st participant’s property. 3rd participant tosses towards the 2nd participant or the 2nd participant’s property. 4th to third and so on. You can participate multiple times. One prize will be awarded to one of the participants, who will magically have a bean bag turn into black bean soup by the Harvest Fairy. Chances of winning increase the number of times the Bean Bag Toss is played, so you are encouraged to participate as much as you want! ((Just make sure no double posting. At the end your name will go in a hat for each time you posted, and we’ll have one random winner. For an idea of how this is done in real life, you can watch this video))

4. Harvest King/Queen – We will have a Harvest Costume Contest ((Forums)) starting Monday 14th & Vote for the winner ((on forums)). Winner will be named the Harvest King or Queen and receive 50 freznics.

If you have any questions about how the games are played, please send me a mail. I want everyone to have the opportunity to participate, so please come out and enjoy the fun!

Sincerely,
Calysta
~
Krail

Post by Krail »

Krail has won the mayoral election !
*Written in messy handwriting you read*

Well obviously I won I was running against no one ! And I don't need to look crazy by competing against myself do I !
Krail

Post by Krail »

Corner's ! I need your corn ! I be buying em at 4.00 ! Gimme your corn corners !

Yours truly,

His holyPriest Mayor Mine minister Captain ^_^
marleen

Re: *Town Hall Bulletin Board

Post by marleen »

Widu,

I would like to inform you that your administration is doing its best to strangle, disembowel, and defecate on your once-lovely town. Upon passing through, I noticed that all acts of buying and selling were prohibited to foreigners. This business of the recent attack on your town is most unfortunate, however, a town does not simply rise again from the ashes without careful planning and tender care.

Upon browsing the market listings, the state of your town became quite clear - it seems that gangrenous market inflation has set in. Producers goods are not being sold as consumers cannot afford to buy them, and the market has begun to stagnate and inflate to unhealthy levels. It is already in a place where prices are too high to sell to visitors even if this act were not prohibited. The world of Secfenia is designed for commerce, simply look at each town's special gathering resource.

Becoming an isolated nation is not the answer to your issue and it will only make your problems worse. If visitors were to come in and buy goods, that money received from sales could then theoretically then be used to buy more goods and thus the market cogs start to turn. In theory. In practice, as those producers see that the economy is in dire shape, they will hoard their frenzics and buy the goods they need elsewhere where the prices are realistic, so that money will still not return to the town. So the second step to a full recovery is for the town hall to subsidize necessary goods. Think of it this way: if the citizens you have cannot afford to upgrade their level, cannot buy scarecrows or pets, and etc, how will your economy improve? If your town does not want to be a subsidizing one, that is fine too, simply provide the crutch for your town to recover and then go back to how things were before. But subsidizing is what is needed to get out of this mess and goods need to go back to their normal prices for the wheels of your economy to turn again.

Given the current state of your issues, I would suggest that your leader who wrote those messages on the town hall be evicted immediately for their gross ignorance, for their rudeness, and for their inaction upon their mistake given how much time has gone by, and that a new leader among your town be elected to lead. The clock is ticking and I am sure that your town hall treasury has limited funds - as more time goes on, inflation will get larger and larger until the problem can no longer be rectified within your own borders; what then, will other towns lend to you? With the message you have sent to your neighbors (which, I assure you, is a firm "GET OUT!"), I can assure you there are no guarantees of aid. Act now, act soon, before things get worse.

For the sake of full disclosure, I, a level 1 week-old newbie chose to spend some of my very limited frenzics on common edible goods in order to sustain myself (x2 egg and x2 corn, I think?), doing what little part I can to infuse frenzics into your economy. I did this in awareness of the message written, because I felt that to follow the rules would be to aid the death of your lovely town.

Lastly, I would like to offer a solid piece of advice: when dealing with possible corruption, the first step to assessing the damage and key players is to ask yourself "Who would benefit the most from this?" Never be afraid to look at a larger picture. I almost wonder if someone or some people, both inside and out, are purposefully trying to kill the town with a one-two punch.

I have no stake or claim in any of this and it is certainly none of my business. But I know something rotten when I smell it. Best of luck.

- Marleen
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Huh... and another one sees this mess and walks out.

I'm real sorry that you feel that way... but I can't argue against those points.

To be fair, I'm kind of ashamed somebody else raised these points before I got around to doing it... figured I'd focus on all the other messed up stuff first. Well, good luck to yeh, wherever yer headed."

The changeling flicked a coin into the air and shrugged.

He hadn't even talked to this one.
Myst

Post by Myst »

-Sees a message left on the bulletin board by a Marleen and sighs softly but shrugs it off as everyone has a right to their opinion but not everyone knows what is going on it seems-

Well Marleen,
I am the newest Mayor and I did not post that message it was there before me and it is a Royal Proclamation so till I am told otherwise it stays as is. So before you come in and judge others how about you find out the story on what happen hmm? That might help matters. And Alder stay out of it, you are not helping matters.
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Oh come on, look at the market... she has a point... we've recovered. Now, she might be being a bit 'too' dramatic on this one... after all, we haven't been properly recovered for long and time is needed to build up a stockpile, but she's not wrong that that law should probably be relaxed."

"Now, you're also right... this isn't actually anything to do with Widu, this is a command from the queen that you can't do anything about and it was in response to Widu being... whatever the hell I'm allowed to call it without some moron yelling at me about how I'm presuming things... and anyway, it did need time to actually get some items back on the market before we could let people take em off... maybe it's about time to relax that... like, go back to trading laws that we used to have about buying up more than... I dunno, 25% of what's currently on the market of any one good if yer not local?"