*Town Hall Bulletin Board

Moderator: Community Team

Myst

Re: *Town Hall Bulletin Board

Post by Myst »

That is not up to me right now and you know this. But once everything gets back to normal, well..
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

marleen wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:37 pm Widu,

I would like to inform you that your administration is doing its best to strangle, disembowel, and defecate on your once-lovely town. Upon passing through, I noticed that all acts of buying and selling were prohibited to foreigners. This business of the recent attack on your town is most unfortunate, however, a town does not simply rise again from the ashes without careful planning and tender care.

Upon browsing the market listings, the state of your town became quite clear - it seems that gangrenous market inflation has set in. Producers goods are not being sold as consumers cannot afford to buy them, and the market has begun to stagnate and inflate to unhealthy levels. It is already in a place where prices are too high to sell to visitors even if this act were not prohibited. The world of Secfenia is designed for commerce, simply look at each town's special gathering resource.

Becoming an isolated nation is not the answer to your issue and it will only make your problems worse. If visitors were to come in and buy goods, that money received from sales could then theoretically then be used to buy more goods and thus the market cogs start to turn. In theory. In practice, as those producers see that the economy is in dire shape, they will hoard their frenzics and buy the goods they need elsewhere where the prices are realistic, so that money will still not return to the town. So the second step to a full recovery is for the town hall to subsidize necessary goods. Think of it this way: if the citizens you have cannot afford to upgrade their level, cannot buy scarecrows or pets, and etc, how will your economy improve? If your town does not want to be a subsidizing one, that is fine too, simply provide the crutch for your town to recover and then go back to how things were before. But subsidizing is what is needed to get out of this mess and goods need to go back to their normal prices for the wheels of your economy to turn again.

Given the current state of your issues, I would suggest that your leader who wrote those messages on the town hall be evicted immediately for their gross ignorance, for their rudeness, and for their inaction upon their mistake given how much time has gone by, and that a new leader among your town be elected to lead. The clock is ticking and I am sure that your town hall treasury has limited funds - as more time goes on, inflation will get larger and larger until the problem can no longer be rectified within your own borders; what then, will other towns lend to you? With the message you have sent to your neighbors (which, I assure you, is a firm "GET OUT!"), I can assure you there are no guarantees of aid. Act now, act soon, before things get worse.

For the sake of full disclosure, I, a level 1 week-old newbie chose to spend some of my very limited frenzics on common edible goods in order to sustain myself (x2 egg and x2 corn, I think?), doing what little part I can to infuse frenzics into your economy. I did this in awareness of the message written, because I felt that to follow the rules would be to aid the death of your lovely town.

Lastly, I would like to offer a solid piece of advice: when dealing with possible corruption, the first step to assessing the damage and key players is to ask yourself "Who would benefit the most from this?" Never be afraid to look at a larger picture. I almost wonder if someone or some people, both inside and out, are purposefully trying to kill the town with a one-two punch.

I have no stake or claim in any of this and it is certainly none of my business. But I know something rotten when I smell it. Best of luck.

- Marleen
All I'll say is I agree that it has been up for long enough, I'll be sure to message the Queen whom made the Royal Proclamation.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Widu's market is now doing very well and thriving. I agree that it would be a good time to end the original protection order as it has served it's purpose.
marleen

Post by marleen »

Good job everyone
waerth

Post by waerth »

Karcier_Aisu wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:31 pm
All I'll say is I agree that it has been up for long enough, I'll be sure to message the Queen whom made the Royal Proclamation.
Obviously the queen is not interested in our welfare! Off with the quen's head I say! She has never cared for anyone outside of her own clique anyway,

Master Blacksmith
Baron of Bishmunite
Waerth
Silence

Post by Silence »

waerth wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:05 am
Obviously the queen is not interested in our welfare! Off with the quen's head I say! She has never cared for anyone outside of her own clique anyway,

Master Blacksmith
Baron of Bishmunite
Waerth
I mean... I wouldn't go that far...
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Alder wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:03 am
waerth wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:05 am

Master Blacksmith
Baron of Bishmunite
Waerth

I mean... I wouldn't go that far...

Ah waerth I do like your sense of humor. well good luck with that even I don't mess with Scarlet....rieron sure it's good sport but Scarlet ...no way.
waerth

Post by waerth »

Thanks Dalakoi inbred. Please address me with my proper titles. I worked hard for both.

I am not afraid of a clueless spineless powerless queen though. All she does is take people's hard earned and hard worked for titles away and she is even to scared to talk about it.

Master Blacksmith
Baron of Bishmunite
Waerth
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Alright, alright, I got this...

Hey, master blacksmith... let's talk... specifically about what it is you want and whether or not throwing around insults is going to get it.

Cause, far as I can tell, your fight isn't with whathisface... Karcier here. In which case, call out his actions if you have problems with em, sure, but I don't really see what trying to make things personal is going to achieve when-..."

He trails off and then shrugs. "Ah, never mind... look, I get frustration and all, but let's try and be reasonable, eh? Karc here ain't the one who wronged yeh... and like always, the queen is nowhere to be seen and ignores the situation even when it is literally only her decree that caused it in the first place... well, at least until a bunch of others spoke up real loudly... then she quietly revokes the decree and still don't show up... ok, I'm rambling, but the point is, yer pickin a fight with the wrong person here."
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

No one has wronged waerth. The proclamation did not stop waerth or any other Widu citizen from doing any market transactions with whomever they pleased. All foreigners were allowed to sell anything they want. All foreigners were allowed to buy from Widu citizens in private market transactions or with permission from the mayor. This means that waerth could buy from anyone at any time, and as a citizen, he could personally authorize any foreigner to buy from him. If he didn't take advantage of the loophole, which Bridget made very clear in mass mails, then that is on him. Waerth was not affected at all. Waerth just wants a reason to be miserable, so let him be miserable. It is his right to be miserable if he wants.