Wages

Moderator: Community Team

Melusine

Wages

Post by Melusine »

Ok it has to be done, what is the main reason behind ppl accepting jobs under 17 frz?

I have to know, its something that has me very curious as to why somebody would accept less then the going out of town jobs unless it is a favour for a friend then I don't understand if it goes unaccepted they will post it for more in the future would they not?

To be honest I really think that anything under 17frz for a job posted is unacceptable and greedy and I feel for these ppl that find they have to work for less
Athnal

Re: Wages

Post by Athnal »

The reason is simple. People just don't care if they will earn 14 or 18. They look on the job offers and take any. As long as someone is accepting low paid job, such offers will appear. You can't change it.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

You're both forgetting something: while the mines might pay more, you only get half of that the next day. So, if someone is in a rush, and cant wait for the mines payday, their best choice is a town hall job, even if it pays a bit less.

For anyone else who's not in that situation, I still recommend working the mines. You get a better pay, and help Fenia at the same time!
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

yes you are right. Well, I don't like fightning with low wages or regulating them with laws. Every one have own free will.
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

I agree, try to educate if you wish (like you are doing). But wage laws are only a pain.

While we are at it though, wood is severely under priced compared to oranges.

Wood is about 2/3 atm for each day, oranges 1/2.

Oranges at 16... (16+16*2)/2=24 F a day, wood at 6... (6*2+6*3)/2=15 F a day.
Edward_Spike

Post by Edward_Spike »

I buy wood for 5.50
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Yes. You buy wood for 5.50. Aengus has done calculation here, proving that wood sold for 6f is underpriced. So TH buying it for 5.50 is underpricing it even more. To be honest, I enjoy this cheap wood ;)