#745 Locien and Genova

Moderator: Community Team

Teide

Re: #745 Locien and Genova

Post by Teide »

Teide was sipping her tea in a reclined position while Genova sat with her and eat some bread. Teide could help but be amused as Genova jested and joked with her. There only had to be a clear understanding though that Locien rather disliked Teide's cooking and she had to wonder if the chickens would feel the same way. Feeding chickens....well chicken would probably be frowned upon. Teide would probably somehow ruin the corn and Genova chickens might implode....it had happened at Teide's den many times and she could never figure why her chicken imploded on themselves...there was a reason her butcher's stall in the market never had meat...she usually ate it all herself or word of mouth was her variety was rather...unique. She tried to make heads or tails of what Genova was saying with her mouth full and chuckled.

"Genova...you shouldn't talk wi---"
It was a little late though because in midsentence Genova started choking. Teide became alarmed and stood up. Her friend was turning blue. Getting up quickly Teide got behind her and pushed her hans into her body forcefully trying to get the cake out of her throat. Seemed even when she was trying to do something nice she always almost killed someone...
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova blinked and wondered why in the world did she eat like there was no tomorrow. Was she THAT hungry? She made a mental note to reprimand her chickens for the unwanted exercise from the game of tag that she had to play whenever she had to butcher the chickens.

With Teide to her rescue, Gen coughed out the cake that decided to make detour to her windpipe instead of traveling to her esophagus. She gasped for the long-needed air and felt relieved. "Teide! My hero!!!" She hugged her friend.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide was greatly relieved when Genova spat up the food. She let out a heavy sigh. Her breathe had stopped in her chest for a moment in the sudden fear that grabbed her. She began to allow herself to smile when Genova scooped her up calling her a hero. Teide felt that title stick like bile in her throat. Still it was Genova. "Alright....alright...let go...." she grimaced rather disliking her personal space being invaded with hugs.

"You know you shouldn't talk with your mouth full silly girl. You had me worried for a second."
the little elf gently chided Genova's carelessness but she knew it was to no avail so there were hardly much heart to it. The girl was clumsy and silly. Teide had long since learned to accept and find amusement in those qualities in her.
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova giggled at Teide. "Aww...Come on, Teide, I can't die yet. You'll be bored when I die," she winked at Teide. "Although I'm pretty sure my chickies will rejoice if I die. It means they get to live," she shook her head and smiled.

Genova lead her friend back to the dining table. This time, she ate the food gentle and chewed them properly, or at least until chewed them before swallowing. "If I remember it right, you were asking about political aspirations before I choked. Nah, politics is not for me. I just me: a headache-causing housewife, a death-bringer to the chickens and a tavern wench's annoyance. And enough talking about me. How about you? What have you been up to lately? And by the way, I would love it if you would stay here in our house during your visit. If Locien complains, he can sleep at the town hall," she smiled and drowned down the cake with a drink down her throat.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide could not help but smile. It was true enough. If something were to happen to Genova or Locien. It would be a loss she would feel most keenly. She sat back at the table and noted thankfully this time Genoba was taking it much more slow and carefully as she ate and talked. She sure had a lot to say. That was good Genova was not at all phased by the near choking experience. This kept a smirk on Teide's face the whole time she spoke. She tipped Genova on the nose as she leaned in closer across the table, "Well I never did care much if I put Locien out. He's enough fur to handle even a winter night out there." she winked making a jest about Locien's beard. It was better without but men were silly about hair that way....at least humans were. As an elf she never understood.

Sitting back down in her seat, Teide broke a cake for herself and said, "If you insist I could stay with you two a little while. I'll be going back and forth to Cork though for Mass. I was given the title Dark Deaconess at Cork Temple. It keeps me busy. Been studying as usual my magic but refraining from using it too often. As you can see I'm looking a bit different these days. Seems the elven blood is stronger and I'm growing up." she giggled, "I'm just doing the regular apothecary and alchemy I always did but thinking someday of starting my own apothecary maybe when I feel the time is right."
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova listened to Teide and finished all the flat cakes that her friend baked. "Ahh...Then I should set a permanent guest room here especially for you!" She smiled. "This should be fun! Imagine what we'll do while you're around. Oh and about that beard, yup, I don't understand why men like them. But oh well, Locien's Locien so I don't think I can do anything about it."

She stepped back and looked at Teide. "Oh my mages! You look stunning, Teide! Now I know why my chickens froze. It's the first time they laid their eyes on such a beauty and---" there was a knock at her door. "I'll get it," she said.

She opened the door and expected to see a citizen sending a letter or something town hall related. She frowned when no one was at the door. She almost closed the door when she saw a rose. She bent down and took it and unfolded a note.

She closed the door immediately and blushed at the sight of her friend. "Ahmm....Teide..." She can't say the rest of the words as her face was red as a tomato. She just showed her friend the note with the red rose.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide enjoyed talking with Genova like this again. A true girl to girl chat. It was a little embarrassing though since she brought attention to Teide's looks. Since she had grown a little in a sense maturing more into a young woman, her elven features were becoming predominant and her coloring slightly silvered out. She had taken out her dreads and braids allowing her hair to grow more freely. To her it was not such a significant change. Teide had to admit she was glad for the knock on the door.

However her attention was drawn when Genova's face resembled a fresh apple and she held onto a pretty red rose. She frowned rather curiously and stood up from her seat. Closing the distance between them, she walked across the room and took the note from Genova. Unfolding it gently, her eyes scanned over the handwritten words carefully. The expression on her face lifted into a mischievous smirk. "Oh my Genova!" she grinned at her friend, "You've an admirer."

Teide rushed to the door and looked side to side and down the street for any sights or scents. Unable to see anything she grabbed Genova by the hand and pulled her towards the door, "Come on! Let's look for some clues! This could be very exciting!"
Genova

Post by Genova »

Before Genova could respond, she found herself being dragged outside by Teide to look for clues. "Hold on, I'm not yet ready!! Whoa!!" Try as she might, she just can't say no to Teide. She shook her head as she gave in. She giggled while they went to look for her secret admirer.

"This certainly is not Locien's doing. He better know that he's got competition or something," she said and wondered where could her husband be. "You didn't hit him on the head with a frying pan, did you?" she asked Teide.
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova's eyes were closed as her steward Neil guided her to her house from the tavern. She was so drunk that her steward had to practically carry her on the way back home. Her steward opened the door for her and when she was inside she told him, "Thanks, Neil. I can take it from here. You can go home now. You're off for the weekend. I'll see you again on Monday. Thanks," she dismissed her steward for the weekend, locked the door and collapsed on the couch.

After how many hours, she was woken up by an uncomfortable feeling. It was dark as it was already evening and she can't see a thing. She squinted her eyes as the uncomfortable feeling developed into intense pain. She tried to get up, but it was dark that she slipped and fell on the floor. This did not help her at all.

She bit her lower lip hard as she curled into a fetal position while she contained the excruciating pain in her abdomen. She was trying to figure out what was going on. Did I eat something bad? Was the alcohol THAT bad for my body that I'm getting cramps? She tried to recall the last things that she ate that day and the previous ones.

As she recalled the events, she gasped. She counted. "One, two, three, four..." She bit her lower lip once more to bear the pain. It has been four months since she last bled. Suddenly, closed her eyes at the intense pain as she slowly felt like there was a battle going on inside of her. "I'm pregnant???" She laughed and cried at the same time. She shook her head. It was impossible. She barely saw Locien since he became the Mayor. But that was three to four months ago. She squirmed as she clenched her fists, her whole body still in fetal position. "It could..." She inhaled deeply through the pain, "...be possible. But...how did I miss it? Was I THAT busy? I thought the extra weight and increase in tummy was from eating too much pies." She took a deep breath again as sweat formed on her forehead. "But. . . But. . . It's only three or four months." She thought. "Oh mages, no!!!!" She bit her lower lip fighting the intense pain. She turned to the other side and was fully curled on the floor.

She was losing too much blood without her realizing and she was starting to feel weak through the pain. She was fighting it. She was fighting the pain in the hopes that it will soon be over. But she was tired. And as one final sharp pain coursed through her.

And there was Genova, curled unconscious on the floor, covered in darkness, bleeding, and with a dead underdeveloped child.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide knew it was late but the road had taken a while to detour the bandits that were in the area. Knocking on the door she called knowing Genny had been having some trouble. Teide tried to wrap up her business in Cork as soon as she could. The wind was a bit chilly but was wasn't cold so why did she feel a shiver go up her spine.

She knocked on the door again and called louder. The silent was eerie but she could hear chickens stirring up...they seemed bothered. Teide getting worried opened the door and called again but she went pale and ran to the crumpled mess on the floor.

"GENOVA!"

The little elfling dragged Genova to a couch carefully with the help of telekinesis and magical lit a candle or two. Running around the room she looked for a water basin and some rags to stop the bleeding. She looked at the little body and her heart was breaking...luckily with Genova passed out her empathy was no hindrance here. Mentally Teide called for a carrier pigeon and telekinetically wrote a note to send for help as she tried to help her friend.