#745 Locien and Genova

Moderator: Community Team

Genova

Re: #745 Locien and Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova stayed lifeless. She was less pale now but still unconscious. All the physical and emotional burden that Genova carried was just too much for the little creature, that was supposed to be the bundle of joy, to bear. The unborn creature absorbed all of the mother's inner pain and heartache. It carried the struggle that the mother bore with her that the little one's heart broke and it's body shattered, unable to cling on to his or her dear life until its heart stopped beating. Then, it broke free from the suffering of this world as its lifeless body lay on the floor, devoid of pain and sorrow.
Genova

Post by Genova »

Images of the past filled her thoughts as her body lay still. Memories of the happy times with Locien flooded Genova's mind yet somehow, she cannot see his face. She knew that it was him in her memory, but his face was blurred. It has been some time since she last saw Locien that somehow, she could not recall his face anymore. She shook her head, and this action woke her up.

She found herself in their house. She wondered if all that happened was just a dream. She was on the couch and there with her was...Teide. "Teide..." She softly spoke, not because she was weak, but because she was afraid. Her body has healed yet her heart hasn't. "Teide... You're... You're here... What happened to me?" She hoped that everything was just a nightmare.

She took a deep breath and looked down and found her clothes stained. It broke her heart and it broke her soul.

However, she did not shed a tear.

She had to be strong. Her husband was supposed to be by her side, not Teide. Thus, Genova vowed to be strong. She could not expect anyone to help her go through this. Her brother was busy with his wife---Mages bless her for having a supportive husband. Teide might be here but she was sure that she has a lot of things to do. Therefore, at that very moment, Genova made a silent vow, that she would be emotionally stronger and independent. No man would ever break her heart again. In fact, she wondered if she'll even let any man touch her heart again.

It seemed like her brother was right, after all...
Xoraxias

Post by Xoraxias »

Even within the deep sleeplike state that Faia had retreated to over the past weeks she felt something happening. She heard faint whispering in her ear but was unable to catch on to the words. Her eyes were closed as she lay in her bed motionless. Her pale reflection had almost returned to normal which in fact was far from normal in her current state. Her belly bulged from her body as a foreign object about to burst. She was in the last trimester of the pregnancy and with the severe weight loss it looked like the birth was imminent even though at least a couple of months were yet to pass. The whispering in her ear grew stronger and more intrusive as if the time was running out. Faia’s eyes fluttered beneath the eyelids but she didn’t open her eyes. From her dry lips a faint murmuring sound poured that was only heard by her familiar friend and companion Xoraxias.

Xora’s head perked up from Karcier’s side of the bed. This had become her preferred place to rest when Karcier wasn’t home. Somehow the black beast of a cat knew something wasn’t right. She and Faia had always had a strong bond from the day they’d met and Xora knew Faia needed her. She just didn’t know what to do. Her orange and blue eyes rested on Faia briefly before the feline stretched and neared her mistress. With her head she rubbed gently against Faia’s hand but received nothing in return. Xora looked at her with growing concern and pressed her nose against hr cheek. The whiskers graced her cheek but not even the teasing tickling that usually made her chuckle had any effect. Xora sneezed disgruntled as she pressed her nose against Faia’s ear and started to purr slightly. She knew that even if the sound or touch wouldn’t reach her the vibrations of her subtle communication would.

Faia still didn’t open her eyes but as images flooded Xora’s mind she knew she had reached her mistress. Images, sounds and fragrances flooded her mind in a pace she couldn’t keep up with. Only a single image remained clear as the flood of information stopped. It was the image of a woman. A woman Xora had seen only once before but she knew who she was. Faia had sent her to her wedding and now she wanted her to find her again. Xora shook her had as to clear her mind and looked at Faia once more. Sometimes she found her mistress’s requests to be peculiar but she never questioned them. Xora knew what she had to do. Genova was the name that resounded in her head.

Xora closed her eyes and let her senses sore. She knew the woman was close but she wasn’t sure of her exact whereabouts. It wasn’t long until her presence was revealed but Xora was confused to how faint it was. That however was something she couldn’t consider at this point. Faia had wanted her to pay her a visit again and that was what she was going to do.

It didn’t take long for Xora to arrive at the house. Her eyes searched the house for an opening and quickly spotted an open window. With a few forceful leaps Xora entered the house and on the way in through the open window she accidently tipped over a potted flower. It went crashing to the floor and Xora knew her stealthy appearance had been blown. Xora recognized one of the two women in the room as Genova. She tilted her head as to apologize for her clumsiness and waited for one of them to acknowledge her presence.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide had managed to get hot water going over the fire and used a hot rag of water to hold the bleeding and using her flesh-shaping talents managed to get Genova's body to respond to her touch and cease it's bleeding once it got out all it needed from the early birth into a large basin she had quickly propped Genova's legs to expend it then Genova's phoenix blood did the rest. While Genova had rested from the strain on her body Teide had put a hot cloth on her forehead. Teide opened the windows to get some fresh air going. She was quick to wash up the floor but paused to stare long at the bloody little heap on the floor. A tiny underdeveloped dead child....

The thoughts that passed through Teide's mind....the conflict. She felt tears prick her eyes and she looked over at her sleeping friend. This she felt was her own fault...after all hadn't she encouraged this.... a moral dilemma brought into her made her silently stare at the little corpse a long time. She debated what was right or wrong for a long time then decided. It was better this way.

Teide took the small body and washed it gently as if the little one had been alive. She did not cry or grimace as she did so.Her face blank and eyes remote as she dried and wrapped up the little body. Placing it gently in a little box, Teide turned and finished washing the floor. She went back and forth between cleaning and checking on the sleeping Genova. Checking her temperature and making sure she had a cloth on her head, positioning her comfortably on the couch as she slept fitfully. She'd check her signs and her body was mending itself well. She took the basin and disposed of the remaining debris and was washing it out when Genova awoke at the sink.

She heard Genova's soft and broken voice break the heavy silence that had fallen over the house. She turned from the sink and saw Genova's big eyes looking bewildered and afraid. Teide dropped what she was doing and came to her. Sitting beside her, Teide smiled for her but there was a great sadness in her eyes. She took Genova's hand and gave it a squeeze because right then her eyes looked so distant and removed from their bright shine. That in itself broke Teide's heart. Genova...unspoilt, uncomplicated, faithful Genova....why? But Teide did nothing to betray her profuse hatred of the Mages for allowing this to happen. How does one explain what just happened.... "Genova, it's alright. I'm here." her gentle voice soothed, "You see..."

CRASH

Teide whirled her head around to see who dared intrude. She was a little taken back when she saw a cat with intelligent eyes sitting in the open window looking at them apologetically. Teide felt her growl a little in her throat. Her wolven senses disliking the feline presence but something familiar and pleasant about this curious looking companion did not alarm her. It was certainly a companion for it was no ordinary house cat, she could plainly see. Teide looked at Genova with a question in her eyes but she would not shoo away any possible comfort to her friend at this moment of need. Teide had sent for help earlier but gotten no response..
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Having learnt from Faia that Genova had had something happen which needed him he ran to her house, knocking madly at the door.

"GENNOOOVVVAAAAAA!" he shouted, worried for her.
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova's expression was now blank. Her eyes were devoid of the usual glimmer filled with rainbows and sunshine. She was still weak and in physical pain. Her face was pale. Then, a drop of tear escaped her eye and trickled down her cheek. As she did so, her wounded heart was suddenly wrapped in stone, and her body quickly healed. Her wings of fire showed themselves and spread filling the room with light that was devoid of any warmth.

She moved her eyes to Teide and squeezed her friend's hand. "Thank you," she whispered to her friend. "I am so thankful that you are here. And----" She was unable to continue when she heard a crash. Under normal circumstances, she would have screamed in annoyance at the fact that a flowerpot was broken. But at that moment, she felt nothing. Instead, she nodded at the familiar cat. "Hello, Xoraxias... Where is Faia? And how fitting it is that you came at the seemingly demise of my marriage, just as I last saw you at its commencement..." Her voice trailed of as she heard Karcier banging at the door.

"The door is unlocked, Karcier," she said. :lol:
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

"Oh..." Karcier turned the handle and walked in, he walked in closing the door behind him slowly. "Sorry, I get carried away."

"Sister...Faia mentioned I should come. What's happened ?!" he looked at her waiting for an answer, after hearing it he moved in and hugged her gently. He couldnt really say anything to make it better but him being here was the least he could do, he hugged her tighly and smiled to her.

"Big brothers job to take care of his sister." he said with a soft chuckle.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide considered lightly as she watched the siblings. She smiled at Genova quietly and got up from the couch to give them space.
She stoked the fireplace to keep warmth in the room for she could not ward off the chill in Genova's heart. Teide felt it as crispy as if was her own. Her empathy in full force but she tried to block from the strength of the emotions...yet for their strength it seemed to break past a point of numbness....they would need to bury the child...but she would not mention that now...

Tea poured some of the hot water she boiled into a teapot in the kitchen as the brother and sister were together and reconciled. Genova had taken a risk and been bitterly disappointed...but a time would come, Teide knew when her heart would open again. With time...and support it could be so she hoped. Teide listened to whatever gods would listen...let her friend grow away from this sorrow. Teide had come to Widu to be with Genova. Now she was here...sadness seemed to follow her.

She poured the tea into cups and brought them out on a tray within reach of Genova and Karcier. She stepped back to the shadows behind the fire, against the wall. Teide could do one thing for Genova, encourage her when she needed, leave her be when she wanted it and wait in these shadows for any moment she was needed. It was what she wanted to do.
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova managed to smile as her brother hugged her. "You're right, brother...You have been right all along about Locien. And...we just lost your supposedly nephew or niece. It's all my fault. I should have listened to you." She sighed.

She looked at the house. "I should find another home. I cannot stand living in the same house as that of my former husband. I heard that he already moved to Imperius-without even bothering to check if I am well. He may not live here anymore, but I'd rather I live in a new house," she told Karcier.

Then, she looked at Teide who was busy stoking the fire. Her eyes followed her friend. "Teide, how is it that you can sense that I'm in pain while my former husband didn't? And would you like to join me as I search for a new house?" She asked her friend.

Her mind raced as to where could she live. Should she live near her brother to keep watch on her pregnant sister-in-law? Should she live far from their house so that she won't hear uncomfortable noise in the middle of the night?

She wondered as well if she could face her undeveloped child and bury the little being.
Xoraxias

Post by Xoraxias »

Xora watched silently. Her eyes following every movement in the room but as soon as Karcier entered the room she let her body drop down on the floor with a loud thud. She wasn’t a light weight not that she was fat but she was big for a feline. She followed behind Karcier as he went to hug Genova and jumped on to the couch next to them. Uttering a soft sound resembling a miav she pressed her head against Genova’s arm. It was the closest thing to showing affection she could muster. She knew how important Genova was to both Faia and Karcier and that alone meant that she was important to Xora as well.

Looking up at Karcier she uttered a purring sound as she continued to stroke the top of her head against Genova. Her tail slid back and forth behind her as a dull snake in the sun though most of her 22 lbs was leaned against Genova.

Her gaze wandered to follow Teide. She could sense a certain disliking coming from her but no hostility. She was unsure why this woman didn’t like her presence but figured as long as she wasn’t hostile Xora would devote herself to the task Faia had given her. Her twin-colored eyes returned to Genova and expressed all the concern and empathy the cat could muster.