#745 Locien and Genova

Moderator: Community Team

Teide

Re: #745 Locien and Genova

Post by Teide »

She brings her mismatched red and green eyes on the feline and her smile shifts but the flicker of a second of that glance, and it disappeared. Teide her small fingers over a string of beads somewhat thoughtfully as Genova asked how she knew....and she was unsure she wanted to divulge too much. She answered the question with a smile.

"A friend always knows."
was her vague reply. Teide weighed Genova's state of mind and emotions. Her eyes glance over a concerned brother and Faia's cat companion. This was proof enough.

Teide smiled and nodded. The firelight illuminated the highlights of her face and brought out the shadows.

"Happily I'd help you find a beautiful home away from here. No one should be expected to live in a house of sorrows."

She turns to the kitchen and puts away the bowl that she had just finished cleaning.

"I know of a few places to the north in the mountains...quiet and away. I'll scout it tomorrow. Sometimes when we've expected pain it's better to move on a quick pace to overcome quickly."
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova looked at Teide for a few seconds. "Indeed, a friend always knows. And I'm glad that I have a friend like you who understood me despite my craziness and all that," she said. "And it would be nice if we can move out of here as soon as possible. I hope you don't mind," she said apologetically.

Then, she frowned. She looked at Teide. "Where is my..." She took a deep breath. "My departed little one? Perhaps we should let the flames consume my little one. He or she is part phoenix, after all," she said, almost in a whisper.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide looks down and her lips tighten.
She walks slowly to the kitchen and picks up a small box and stretches out her arms holding it out to her, the mother.
Her eyes were sad but she smiled for her friend.
Her small hands were trembling as she held the small box.
Never had death been so difficult for this empathic as she was witness to death yet again taking a small one.
"Burial by fire would be fitting."
Genova

Post by Genova »

Locien's lack of support and abandonment broke Genova's heart, but holding out the box that contained her departed little one crushed her soul and very being. How she was able to stretch out her arms to receive the box, she did not know.

As soon as the box was in her arms, she walked to the back of her house and gently placed the box on the ground. She looked around and gathered rocks, rocks that were arm's length in width, rocks that were heavier than her troubled heart, rocks that she was able to lift despite the tears on her cheeks, rocks that she piled together like an altar to offer her little one to the Mages.

She gathered dried hay and placed them together with the wood at the top of the pile of rocks. The rocks were cold, as cold as the autumn breeze that announces the coming of winter, as cold as what her heart would become in terms of loving another man. She fought for love once, and as it turns out, it was wrong. And the worse part is, her child had to pay the price of her mistake.

She placed the box on top of the wood and hay and lighted a torch. With a heavy sigh and vision blurred with tears, she lit the hay that burned her child. As she did, her wings entwined with the flames that consumed her little one...her innocent little one.

She was near the fire at that fatal distance, but she did not care. She felt she has lost her sense of purpose in life. The fire was getting too hot for her skin yet she wanted to be as near to her little one until her little one is no more...
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide had given her a little space ahead but she followed behind silently. No one should be alone during such a trial and the hardest thing in the world was to bury one's own child. It should never be done but this was an imperfect world where death came equally to everyone regardless of age, gender or matters of the deserving and undeserving. All the mortals could do during such moments is to do what needed to be done at the time, mourn and comfort. Everything had a time, a place and a moment.

In this moment Teide followed quietly after Genova's lead not interrupting her thoughts or pathway. She helped gather the materials while managing to stay out of the way. She stepped back and watched Genova as she brought out her impressive wings of flame and burnt the hay on the small funeral pyre. Her eyes fell on the small box as it came to flames. The only way Teide could react was to distance herself emotionally as she felt tears prick her eyes. The pain of her friend's broken heart and the child having to take the price of that burden upon it's shoulders...

Teide placed her hand gently on Genova's shoulder and stared with her at the fire but her hand was firm in holding her from putting herself right in those flames. As her eyes fell upon the flame she was entranced in their dance and she felt it coming out from her involuntarily. A song, a lullaby for this little one's departing. Her voice started as a hum faint and soothing then grew into something more. A verse of a play she had read once came out into a song of it's own singing the little one away with the angels. This child would not know anymore pain, no fear for what to come. Heavens would cradle this little soul and Mages smile upon it's pure innocence. Her voice grew stronger but never more than a gentle whispering of a lullaby.

((for music click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGj1pvb6LkM ))
((By William Shakespeare (c. 1609))

"Fear no more the heat o' th' sun
Nor the furious winters rages;
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta'en thy wages.
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

The scepter, learning, physic, must
All follow this and come to dust.

Fear no more the frown o' th' great;
Thou art past the tyrant's stroke.
Care no more to clothe and eat;
To thee the reed is as the oak.
The scepter, learning, physic, must
All follow this and come to dust.

All lovers young, all lovers must
Consign to thee and come to dust.

Fear no more the lightning flash,
Nor th' all-dreaded thunder-stone;
Fear not slander, censure rash;
Thou hast finished joy and moan.
All lovers young, all lovers must
Consign to thee and come to dust."
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Karcier followed Genova and Teide, there wasnt much he could say. Him being there was all she needed, there was no magical words no special cake to make her smile. All he could offer was his presences and support. He looked away for a moment as her wings erupted from her back, gracefully and yet with tints of sadness in the flame.

He whispered quietly a phrase from his poem.

"My friend, the fates are cruel
There are no dreams, no honor remains
The arrow has left, the bow of the goddess"

As she lit the fire and the small box begun to be engulfed by the flames, he stepped forward quickly feeling the fires itch on his skin. It was becoming a small pain but one he could manage, he hugged his sister from behind and remained silent. That was all he could offer, her sadness could not be cured. Only time could help her and sometimes time was agasint them.
Xoraxias

Post by Xoraxias »

Xora watched the people quietly offering her presence as the only consoles she could. No one seemed to pay any attention to her so she quietly retreated if not to get in the way. Genova, Teide and Karcier left the house one after the other and for a moment Xora was confused to what was going on. She could sense the pain and grief but didn’t quite understand what the course of it was. She closed her twin-colored eyes for a moment trying to let her senses roam out to the people she knew was most important to her mistress. Finally she had a hint of what loss Gen had experienced and though she couldn’t really relate to the full scope of it she felt for this human and she knew Faia would too if she knew.

She found a window facing the back of the house with a good view of the back yard. She would be observing and serving as a messenger to Faia to let her know what was going on even if she was unable to be here. She watched as the fire caught on and the blazing wings appeared on Genova’s back. Teide’s gentle whisper was audible even to Xora but perhaps only because she was tuning in on it. As Karcier stepped up behind his sister Xora bowed her head in respect to the ceremony and to the dead child. In her own way she said the goodbye Faia wasn’t able to.
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

The tall grizzly of a man returns to the overgrown path of the house. Looking around he marks the the parameters of the property and throws a bottle through the front door. He runs and a noxious as is released into the house. Everything is aged a thousand years. Trees grow high and books and items turn to dust and unrecognizable relics. The very stone and wood of the house is petrified and broken down. In seconds the woods reclaim the property and roots break the rocks. Dense scrub and prickles grown thick making the path impossible to penetrate and the very air is filled with a heavy pollen-induced miasma toxic and deadly.