Widu Temple

Moderator: Community Team

Bridget

Re: Widu Temple

Post by Bridget »

Bridget walked up to the front of the cathedral, without notes in her hands for a change. She looked out at the crowd for a moment before speaking.

"I've had a hard time coming up with a mass for today. Time... It's something I find I don't have a lot of these days. Do any of us really? Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's dream. Find something you love, something that speaks to the heart of you, and do it. Have the courage to follow your heart and your intuition. Time is passing you by."
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce approaches the pulpit and gazes out at the congregation.

"The unfathomable extraordinary gifts of harmonious relations will restore , in a certain way, the Church's experience of mystery.

We creatures of Widu will always come together and put aside our differences to join forces when we are needed. That is what sets us apart from all others."
Teide

Post by Teide »

Times of Change
For another week you're spared a tar and feathering. I'm here to talk to you seriously about the milestones in your life. Eventually we all hit a point in our life when we realize we have to go backwards to move forward. This life leaves it's scars on our hearts and depending how you deal with them have an effect on you. Sometimes the old wound get infected and we are left marred. Then we need to decide if we leave it alone and let it fester or reopen the oozing mess and burn it out. A lot of people choose option 1 because well...it's easier. If you're a solider you know though any untended wound can kill you....so unless you want to struggle with that sore point until it finishes you off...you have to break your bones and revisit your pain to set it right and let the healing take it's course properly.

I'm not talking a flesh wound though. I'm talking about the wounds on your heart. Darkness takes the wounds inflicted and the pain and repays scratch for scratch. That's quite effective in removing the physical problem. A corpse can't hurt you anymore but both light and dark need to tend the heart or the wound will become your weakness and your downfall. Change is not always progress and the future is sometimes made certain by visiting your past. What is holding you back in your heart of hearts?
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget walked up to the pulpit, looking deep in thought, "I went to see a fortune teller a few days ago and she said, 'Some perplexing decisions await you - and the more you ponder them, the more confused you will become.'

"This, of course, got me thinking. Thinking too much can be dangerous, sometimes as dangerous as making rash decisions. Most of the problems in life are because of two reasons: we act without thinking or we keep thinking without acting.

"So make that decision! Give it some thought, of course, but don't over-analyze. That opportunity might slip through your fingers."
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce approaches the pulpit and looks out at the gathered crowd.

"As I look out at you all this day I think of one word...friendship. Friendship is perhaps the most important thing that any of us can achieve. Whether we are the Mayor, the Queen, or even one of our own mages..we are nothing without friendship. I would like to implore upon each and every one of you to try to reach out this week to make a new friend. You can do so by giving a social point or buying a drink or round of drinks in the tavern or even by sending out a random letter to someone you do not know. As I speak these words I am reminded of a quote from a different time and place which go as follows: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like." I shall follow my own advice and reach out this week to someone I do not know as well.
Go forth now and mingle among the citizens of Kiene and make a new friend."
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

"I'm sorry I've not had a chance to prepare a proper mass this week. This month has been tremendously busy for me, and if anyone is interested in becoming a Deacon for our fine church, please send Ceol a mail. One should never hold the keys to too many offices... it's not good for anyone.

"There's been a lot of anger around here lately. Creatures speaking without thinking, acting without thought of consequence. Anger makes us all do things we maybe normally wouldn't. Anger rarely solves anything. It builds nothing, but can destroy everything. We must learn to take a breath and calm ourselves before we act.

"Which brings me to forgiveness. Without forgiveness, life is controlled by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation. Anger happens. It takes a strong creature to forgive others, and to forgive themselves."
Thank you, Aishe!
Teide

Post by Teide »

Sunday Sacrifices, I think a few of you look forward to this day do atonement. What were are atoning for is our own limited knowledge commonly known as human stupidity. I know we're not all human but we certainly are all stupid in our own way. Some less so than others...like myself. Still I am what is called heart stupid. If you were to ask me about love or feelings...I will answer violently, vaguely or vicariously because in that area I am an ignoramus.

So be thankful to this pig because he's dying to appease your gods and mages of your stupidly."

Teide pulls a pig up to the chopping block does the hokey pokey and using a nice sword does a clean slice of ham, bacon, back ribs, feet and of course the classic beheading.

"After the service were having a pig potluck. Pig head soup, pickled pig's feet, ham, bacon, ribs and the works....you can thank Grazilda for the pig. I swiped it when she wasn't looking in Cork. I don't remember much but I remember she deserved it somehow...now be off you you sickening creatures. Next week is blood baptisms. Sign up your babies early."
Orion

Post by Orion »

This was a special day for Orion so he makes it early to the dark temple of Widu so the dark sorceress Teide can start the special event.
Orion was not sure what to expect but he was ready for anything.
Orion

Post by Orion »

As Orion approached the dark temple of Widu, sorceress Teide was already there and waiting for him. He was sure he was early enough so everything could be prepared. This was a day for Orion to be baptized with the blood of the dark path.

Orion entered the strange circle, so Teide could start the process. He was not much aware of the process itself as it was some strange ritual. however he was warned that the effects of the dark ritual differ and mostly depend only from the creature.

As the ritual of baptism started, Orion felt bit strange....the visions he saw in the past in some of his dreams and nightmares came back to him. But this time he did not tried to open his eyes open, but kept them close to confront his visions. Orion felt that the dark ritual made a huge difference here - it gave him strength and the self confidence he needed. For the first time Orion saw some of his hidden powers which were far greater then the danger in his vision - he just needed to find a way to master it.

Orion opened his eyes. The baptism ritual continued but it already had given the effect - Orion knew what he had to do. It was not very long for the ritual to end and he now was baptized. Today Orion has learned something very important - the dark magic of this world do make miracles. As the baptism ended, all creatures went back to their daily lives.
Teide

Post by Teide »

((sorry lost your baptism))

Memories, I've spend a great deal with mine recently. Probably too much time because I am forgot to start mass until now. Memories are a funny thing. They have the ability to torment, haunt, blind, enlighten, sadden, endear and endure. They shape the way we perceive our world, our past...but did you know you probably only remember 30% of what really happened? Until something is triggered within the brain it will be remain in a closed file in your mind.

So why do we weigh so much of our world about what happened then? If you have demons in your memories...you probably created them. Challenge your thoughts, face your demons and then don't look back. Really it's a silly notion to live with what happened. Living in the now is far more productive. Living for the future is what children do...and I think it's far more superior to be like a child then a shriveled up hag any day.

You don't agree? Tough luck I'm talking today....now where did I put my extra slaugh tentacle? You might want to look in the pews.