Widu Temple

Moderator: Community Team

Yerendeyth

Re: Widu Temple

Post by Yerendeyth »

"Thank you for your words, Mazork." Yerendeyth appreciated receiving the blessing of the town's famed Yvyrn hunter. Glancing briefly at Kikk, Yerendeyth smiled and replied: "I'm sure it must've been an misunderstanding, then." Knowing his eyes did not deceive him.
Yerendeyth

Post by Yerendeyth »

"Today, I wish to talk about the Mage Jilou, one of the seven mages of the Faith. Jilou is the mage attributed to the Spirit, which resides in the subconcious mind of all sentient creatures. Spirit gives birth to our immortal souls and our minds, it is shaped by the actions and memories of our past, which serve as the building blocs of our Spirit. Our Spirit does not consist solely of our pasts, however, for it is the Spirit which gives birth to our imagination, our ability to dream of the future and give shape to our desires. Both past memories, and future dreams are equal part of our Spirit."

"We can apply the teachings of the Mage Jilou to the current situation of Widu. Widu is an ancient town with old memories and a long past. Yet, it was recently repopulated with peoples from different Viceroyalties, as well as plenty of newborns. This mixture of citizens should find the bridge, the connection between both memories and dreams, and forge a single community out of it. If we manage to accomplish that, we will give Widu a living Spirit consisting of her citizens."

"I would also like to take the time to thank Snickers, Tana, Mazork, Delila and Genova for donating generously to the Temple. With their gifts, I have begun to purchase the necessary wood and stone for the planned expansion of our Temple."
Yerendeyth

Post by Yerendeyth »

Yerendeyth was starting to fit into his role as priest more and more. With each passing sermon, he felt more confident, boosted by the praises he received from the Widu citizens. Today, he prepared another sermon, one which fused the teachings of the Faith with his own, personal beliefs.

"In my past sermons, I spoke about seizing power for yourself if you believe you can hold it and I advocated the mastery of your emotions to empower yourself. However, an individual will always pale in comparison to the one who is part of a greater community. No matter how strong one becomes, no matter how much one achieves, if one is truly alone, even the smallest of setbacks can spell the end. Even though this temple is aligned to the Dark path, that does not mean you are encouraged to act selfishly and consider yourself a fortress of one. For while the Dark path does encourage you to unshackle yourself from needless burden and do whatever it takes to grow as an individual, it does not neglect the strength gained from being part of a community of like-minded individuals."

"No creature is an island unto itself; we all live within communities large and small: families, neighborhoods, towns, armies, vice-royalties, races, religions, guilds. All serve the same principle of strength through numbers, of building upon the works of others, leaning upon each other in times of need, forgiving flaws and weaknesses with the knowledge that what is now weak may yet still grow strong. By building a stronger Widu through our shared efforts, we will regain our investments tenfold, by building a solid foundation for our town to grow, we build the pedestal for our greatest individuals to stand on and reach for the greatest heights."

"Finally, I would like to thank Mazork again for his donation to the temple, his continued contributions are greatly appreciated and will be put to good use."
Jason

Post by Jason »

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!, People of Widu,

Yerendeyth has served Widu honourably and to the best of his ability, but is his choice to seek a higher form of life, a better life. I wish him well. Now, the hour has come to choose another. If you believe you are up to dedicating your life to the Faith, the Order of Mucaz, and sharing the Truth of the Mages, contact me at the Temple immediately.

Peace be unto you all.

In The Name of the Mages,

Father Cromwell
Overseer of Fenia
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious had finally sold all her fields and it was time to move to Widu. Her father had given her commission to serve the Widu temple as Priestess and she was looking forward to the work and change. She walked into the temple and it had not been properly maintained in some time it looked. As she was walking down the hall of the dark temple, she met her deacon, Riku and was pleased at the work he was doing.

As she was expecting the pews, she ran over the pews with her finger and sighed. She looked behind her as Lily, her steward, was following her and smiled, "Lily please see to the pews that they are properly cleaned and please light the dark candles." Victorious looked to her left and found dark black candles standing idle not being lit. She thought to herself what a pity such a wonderfully crafted dark temple and it is not being used to its capacity. "Princess I will do as you ask. It will meet to your approval." Lily replied. As Victorious nodded her head, she went to the store room to look to see what the stone and wood looked like and as she opened the door, she found nothing absolutely nothing. She thought to herself this was appalling. She slammed the door in agitation and went to go find her office to look at the temple books.

As she walked in her office, it was in shambles and dust everywhere. "What has happened to this place." She cleaned the desk and wiped the dust off the temple books and found only a little over 500 freznics was available. This would not do she thought. Her first task would be to petition the people of Widu for their help.

Victorious went outside to the grounds of the temple and put a notice on the temple doors for all who came to visit their temple would see the parchment petitioning for their assistance.
Greetings citizens and visitors of Widu:

I, Victorious DiCarpietra, am your Priestess and I am disheartened at the lack of funds to upgrade the temple to a Basilica. I urge you to please look into your hearts to donate freznics, goods and faith points so that I can take better care of the Temple of Widu in which I have noticed many of you have visited.

We are needing 220 stone which at 11.00 freznic is a total of 2420.00 freznics and we are needing 80 wood and then our temple will be upgraded to a Basilica. At that time we will be able to have another mass which then will be twice as many benefits to you.

I am here today to ask for your assistance in upgrading your temple. I cannot do it alone. The temple belongs to all of us so lets all come together and support the temple with the necessary goods and/or funds needed to finally upgrade the temple to a Basilica.

Riku and I look forward in serving you as your Priestess and Deacon. Please find it in your hearts to assist us in making the temple stronger and better.

Humbly,

Priestess Victorious
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Logan_Miller

Post by Logan_Miller »

May I ask with all the upgrades going on in town with the walls as well as all this other money getting spent by the town, is the mayor not willing to donate money or goods to help out the temple?
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious heard a familiar voice outside the temple and took a look to see who it was. As she opened the temple doors, she noticed the familiar vampire "Well hello Logan. I have been speaking with the Mayoress ever since I've been Priestess of Widu. The temple is on her way of being taking care of but it is not just I and Genova that needs to be helping the temple but all of its followers."

She looks at Logan thoughtfully, "Any other questions feel free to ask and of course feel free to donate goods and/or freznics."
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

A letter arrives addressed to Vic. Karcier had donated a few coins to help her with the restoration of the Widu Temple, it was the least he could do for his friend and the Widu temple.
"Dear Vic,

I'm glad to see you again, its been a long time ! After reading the notice you put up, I thought I'd help you out as we are friends and friends help each other out ! The 800 coins should arrive shortly.

Your friend,

Karcier"
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious had finished writing her letters to the Mayoress and others so she decided to go see how her steward was coming along with the temple. She locked the door to her office and entered the temple to notice it looking much better. The candles were lit giving off some light through all of the darkness in the temple and she noticed Lily finishing repairing the broken windows.

As she was going to go back to her office, Lily stopped her "Princess there is a letter from one of your friends." Lily handed her the letter and the Priestess opened it with a big grin forming on her face. "Thank you Lily, I really needed to have some good news regarding the temple. You are doing great work."

Vic went back to her office to go check her donation list and draft up some more letters. Her work was never done ever since she moved to Widu but it was work she was enjoying for a change.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

As Victorious sat at her desk looking over the donation list in her books she smiled and took out her parchment and quill to write down the list of patrons who have donated:
Karcier_Aisu has donated 200 Freznics to the temple.
Victorious has donated 1 fish to the Temple.
Victorious has donated 1 tailored leggings (Used) to the Temple.
Victorious has donated 1 shirt to the Temple.
Victorious has donated 22 bags of wheat to the Temple.
Téide has donated 20 Faith Point(s) to the temple.
Victorious has donated 100 Faith Points to the Temple.
SaelaV90 has donated 1 shirt (Used) to the Temple.
Genova has donated 15 Freznics to the temple.
Tesla has donated 10 Freznics to the temple.
Riku has donated 6 Faith Points to the Temple.
Riku has donated 15 Faith Points to the Temple.
Tana has donated 10 Freznics to the temple.

These are the donators for the month of October and to up to this day in November. Thank you so much for be generous especially my friend Karcier. You're donations are very much appreciated for I am able to purchase some needed stone for the upgrades.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Priestess Victorious