Widu Temple

Moderator: Community Team

Teide

Re: Widu Temple

Post by Teide »

Today I don't speak to you with blood on my hands. I think you all have come to realize that I enjoy some stranger hobbies.

Hobbies and interests vary from person to creature and everyone is different. Yet if you can focus on what we all have in common you might find those differences most intriguing and the flaws you perceive delightful. Find enjoy in your life in whatever will make you happy. Take time out of every day to just unwind even if only 15 minutes. Invest your time in that which really lasts, yourself or the others around you that are worth some thing to you.

Never waste a moment to find a little happiness even if it is found in a pile of chicken blood...though by my experience chicken blood tastes nasty...try some juicy meat and brains or vegetables if that is your preference. Point is take time out of your day to do something you really like.

Now I'm going....and whoever took from the offering plate last week...I will find you...be warned.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Today I will speak to you on finding yourself in a world that seems to hold expectations for what you should be or do. We are not a society of one race or way of thinking. We all come from different cultures, perspectives and each can have an entirely different physiology to match. Some are reptiles, some are mammals, some are immortal, some are immortal and some are entirely outside any of those dimensions of reality.

We need to have the patience and seek understanding what makes each of us unique. The key to finding yourself in such a mixed up world is to remember where you came from, what you personally value and cherish, and much more. Meditation is a tool you can use to get to know yourself. An important thing to consider though is that facing your inner demons is your responsibility alone and no one else's. You need to respect and appreciate the different journeys of others and as you get to know yourself is will open limitless possibilities and help you better understand others in this mixed up world.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Chris walks into the room carrying a chicken by the neck in one hand, and a large knife in the other.

Hello, people of Widu.

I know this is something Deaconess Téide usually does, but today I figured I might try a sacrifice. As hopefully all of you realize, that's what this chicken is for. As for where I got the chicken, well, that's none of your concern. Anyways, hopefully this sacrifice will bring us all some good fortune in whatever lies ahead. Speaking of heads...

Chris takes the knife and quickly decapitates the chicken, then drops it, letting it run around and get blood all over everything and everyone.

Well, that was bloodier than I had anticipated. Now, why don't the rest of you take a little time for prayer, while I go figure out how to get all the blood out of everything. May the darkness bless you.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Today I am going to sacrifice the cutest, most innocent creature this mortal plane has to offer...a baby bunny that belonged to the bum that broke into my storage room. Sure enough I caught him in the enclosure between my experimental bugbear -nice combination of a hornet and bear- and my Boggins collection. He didn't escape but I think we need to make an example of thieves anyway!

Let it be known your sins will be found out and you better make sure you're careful who finds them. If it's me I'll likely impale you at least or feed you to my bugbear. Now let's start our sacrifice!"

Raises the knife ready to kill the shivering creature...pauses as she looks down...it's really cute.

"On second thought...I'll just add this bunny to my collection...maybe combine it with a deer.... and name it Bucky O'Hare....yeah...just say your prayers and behave this week."

Teide grabs the bunny.

"Now go away all of you. I'm done for today."
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget steps up to the podium and smiles down at everyone before her.

"I must say I was very nervous coming in here and speaking before you all. I did not plan to become a deaconess. This is not the path I intended by life to follow.

But it's important to take chances, to try something new. Step outside of your comfort zone now and then. Trust yourself.

Probably some of the best things that have ever happened to you in life happened because you said yes to something. Life is too short to wait.

Every day you are given a chance to do something great with your life. Every accomplishment starts with one simple decision: the decision to take a chance and try."
Thank you, Aishe!
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

It being late in the day, Bridget has some simple words of wisdom to share.

"Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why. Before you speak, think."

Bridget steps down and heads home for a long night's rest.
Thank you, Aishe!
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

"How many of you do something you really believe in? I just wish you would realize that anything's possible, if you try: dreams are made, if you try."

Bridget paused and thought a moment before continuing, "Someone important said this to me one day and it's never left me. If you continue to sit on your rear and expect things to be done for you, or if you feel that the lot in life you were given cannot be changed, you're not trying hard enough. You can do anything! You are full of potential. You will be stronger and better and happier for it if you push yourself. Will it be easy? No. But it will be worth it."
Thank you, Aishe!
Ceol

Post by Ceol »

Now the construction works were finished, Ceol paid carpenter Tuvoria for the last time. "Thank you so much for your hard work! The basilica almost looks like a cathedral, only one step remains."

Ceol fluttered over to the massive barrel of rainwater that had been collecting over the past year. Quietly, she prayed for the blessing of the Mages, and the blessing (or cursing) of the Fallen Mages, and she thanked Mother Earth for the rain necessary to sanctify the temple. Ceol broke into a song, filled with magic and faith. Her voice made the water in the barrel ripple, and wave. It gathered and swirled upwards to the sky, almost like a small water cyclone, and gathered into a dark cloud above the Cathedral.
Ceol fluttered to a save distance and watched. The cloud rumbled ominously, and then rain came crashing down on the Cathedral. When it stopped, the cloud was gone and water flowed down the shiny bricks. The Cathedral shone, dark, menacing and mysterious. The dark Cathedral was finished and ready for Widu's faithful visitors.

Ceol wiped away a happy tear and wrote a letter to the citizens of Widu.
Dearest friends,

After a long process, the Basilica construction works have finally come to an end. Our Basilica is now a Cathedral! This means we have a third mass day now, which will be on Friday. Also, a new position of deacon has opened.

I want to thank all of you for making this possible in the form of donations, selling wood and stone, and assisting in construction works. Special thanks go to ex-Mayor Karicer_Aisu, carpenter Tuvoria, our Deaconesses Téide and Bridget and Deacon Christopher who sadly passed away before he could see our finished Cathedral.
Without you, this wouldn't have been possible.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in Friday mass.

With kind regards,
Priestess Ceol
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget stepped up to the podium and stood quietly for a moment before speaking.

"Hello my friends. I'm behind schedule today, as always seems to be the case lately, so I'm repeating some important words that I once heard someone say. I've been making some major decisions of late, so my life has been in chaos. I know I'm not alone here... we're all always going through something. Re-evaluating, making decisions, suffering heartbreak - or breaking someone's heart.

"You have to decide if this is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, would this be how you'd want to have spent it? How you'd want to have lived your final days? Listen. The truth is, nothing is guaranteed. So don't be afraid. Just be alive."
Thank you, Aishe!
Ceol

Post by Ceol »

Ceol fluttered to the cathedral and pinned a note on the door.
I'd like to thank the following creatures for their donations to the basilica: Darutek, Myst, Logo, Tesla, Tana, Karicer_aisu, Bridget, Christopher, Waerth, Tinkerbelle, Shadowhunter, Tuvoria, Joschua, RichardRahl and Tigerlily Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

With kind regards,
Priestess Ceol