Widu Temple

Moderator: Community Team

Suu_Nee

Re: Widu Temple

Post by Suu_Nee »

Fluttering toward the doors of the Temple of Widu, from somewhere skyward, a parchment falls and attaches itself on the door used most frequently. On the outfacing surface, in large, legible writing, with very little embellishment:
Citizens and Faithful of Widu,

Greetings and good health to you and yours.

News has reached us that the Temple of Widu has graced our Diocese. In order that services may be held, an appointment will be made from those who notify our office of their interest. It is always a noteworthy event, and one of import, to appoint Deacons, Priests, those who have an active interest in pursuing religious studies, helping their fellow creatures, keeping alive the Faith.

Prayerfully, any who are interested will indeed make known their willingness to serve.

May you all live long, prosper, and may your Life be eventfilled and interesting.

Your servant,
Suu_nee
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal leaves a note for the Kitteh and Suu_nee

My husband should be here tomorrow. There are no other priests in Widu at this time.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Duke coughs a bit in the early morning air and with a sigh out through his nostrils, begins to think a reply for Karina and Grandfather to write out and deliver.
Greetings, madam mayor. I hope this morning finds you well.

Regarding an issue potentially of mere semantics, may I offer a clip from my own dossier:
Primary Way: Sorcerer
Positions: Priest (Fenia)
Regarding what may be potentially be another issue, may I remind your grace, that Fenia, being not The Theocracy; and being within a trans-regal diocese; I hope it is understood that the overseer, while indeed in cooperation with the secular establishments of Bravia and Fenia; does maintain authority as regards the anointing of Priests.

His grace the Marquee Anessen, should he truly wish the position, will, I am sure, of course, be truly considered for it - along with all comers.

His majesty has already authorized me to submit recommendations to Himself and the Overseer, and to inquire of applicants whether they have indeed mastered the path; as one whom can bless cloth without the aide of a third party is actually preferred, though not ultimately required; and indeed one may continue towards mastery of the path whilst already engaged upon it.

Applicants who do not become the priest may still be subsequently considered for the roles of deacons, or other roles involved within the faith or faiths of their choosing, and may indeed eventually rise to the position of priest when relief of a previous priest shall occur. Thus the temple does not wish to deter or dissuade the application process at this time; even should one or more front runners already be in the hopper for final consideration.

Thank you for your time, and please have a very pleasant day.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

There was no mass held today. I ask that Anessen be installed as quickly as possible to replace the King so that the creatures do not go another day without the proper attending.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Indeed. It seems that today's mass was actually held yesterday, perhaps by clerical staff loyal to the previous management, who would take no entry but their own until this morning. My deepest and most humble apologies to all effected by the delay; but I hadn't arrived until just now from my new camp. I shall endeavor to be more punctual. I believe everything may be sorted now as regards the clerical staff however and I should have today's mass ready in a few more minutes. I am just trying to remember a good hymn now.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Mass has been set: 9/29/59
Transcript follows:

Duke sits upon the podium projecting mentally for the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCnlGhl ... ex=39&t=0s

-The sun is still behind a cloudy sky, and soothing darkness is but a curtain pull from a clear sky at noon-
Suu_Nee

Post by Suu_Nee »

[*]Note: Mass in Imperius, prepared and intended for Sunday mass was delivered at least 5 hours earlier than one would think possible. Perhaps it wasn't our hardworking and dedicated clerks and clerics, but rather a Bugaboo that tricked its way through to foil and perhaps foul the Temples.

Also note, the venerable Anessen has now been appointed and charged with the duties of priest of the Temple in Widu. This is a serious duty, but one we feel confident in placing.

Any creature yet interested in being considered will still need to make known their interest and confirm their willingness to serve.
Last edited by Suu_Nee on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

My apologies to the clerical staff. I'm afraid I've become a bit overly cynical in recent weeks. I shall endeavor to become less so.
Suu_Nee

Post by Suu_Nee »

[*]Swest Kitteh, cynicism and doubt are natural counterparts to Faith and Honesty. We all need some of each to maintain balance. Only the naive and oblivious can hold free of those flipsides.

I would that we all hold them each in balance, to hold onto sanity as long as is possible.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget wiped off the figurative cobwebs and made her way to the front of the cathedral. It had been a long time since she'd last stood here.

"A lot has happened over the past few days. I want to speak of resilience and strength, as I've had nothing but time to reflect as I've been laying in my bed, recovering from my injuries.

"My scars remind me that I did indeed survive my deepest wounds. They remind me that the damage life has inflicted on me has left me stronger and more resilient. What hurt me in the past has actually made me better equipped to face the present.

"And being near-death, I remembered something else that I've spoken of before: You have to decide if this is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, would this be how you'd want to have spent it? How you'd want to have lived your final days? Listen. The truth is, nothing is guaranteed. So don't be afraid. Just be alive."
Thank you, Aishe!