[RP] Town Tavern

Moderator: Community Team

Karael

[RP] Town Tavern

Post by Karael »

It was snowing in the city of Widu. Little flakes of white drifting down from the heavens, landing softly everywhere. Within an hour, the town was clothed in white. No wonder the streets were empty, it was too cold to be out. Karael roamed the streets dressed in rags, little puffs of frost forming from his breath. He was looking for a nice warm tavern. Having just started out in life, his house had nothing, no fireplace, no lights, no warm comfy blankets. Only alcohol will bring warmth to his cold tired body. The local tavern beckons him with a warm fire and warm ale.

"A pint of ale barkeep!" Karael sits at the bar and waits.

The old bartender as if woken from a long sleep, looks at Karael and lethargically fills the mug. Such service. Pah...must have chased all the customers away The tavern is quite empty, though a nice fire is blazing at one corner. Still, the cold lingers in the air, ready to seep back in at any chance. It is a sad state this tavern is in, with Karael as the only customer. A silent bartender gives him his drink, immediately walks away, showing his disdain for conversation. Alone, Karael sips his drink and waits for the time to pass.
Last edited by Karael on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesna

Re: [RP] Town Tavern

Post by Vesna »

Vesna was relieved to finally find a tavern, hoping it would provide respite from the cold and some much needed nourishment.

She pushed open the heavy door and stepped inside. She allowed her eyes time to become accustomed to the dim light inside the tavern and walked to the bar. The tavern keeper looked up begrudgingly so Vesna caught his eye and said
A pint of your finest ale please landlord

She quickly paid for the ale and glanced around the tavern. It was empty except for one other customer, her eyes were drawn to the blazing fire and she contemplated going to sit in front of it. She hesitated, not knowing anyone in this town and she decided to attempt to make conversation with the other customer to find out more about the town.

Taking a deep breath, with her ale in hand she walked towards him…..
Azio-Florin

Post by Azio-Florin »

Azio silently walked in, his hood up he took a seat and ordered an ale. He tossed a coin at the barmaid and smiled. He sat away from the fire close to the window so he could watch the snow flakes falling from the clouds above. He sighed and looked at his cloths, his own bare skin still colourful as if the cold had not affected it. He didnt shiver nor did his breath push heat out. After all that was an advantage of having ice in ones body. One would be immune to the cold.

"Greetings Madame and sir ... I beleive we havent met .. I am Azio De Florin.. I am half Wahallian and half Fenian..pleasure to meet you" he smiled and raised his ale. " Let us drink now"
Karael

Post by Karael »

A wave of cold air rushes in, Karael looks towards the door. There was a lady standing at the door. She stood there for a moment, as if thinking about entering such a rundown establishment. Thirst and cold must have gotten to her for she said "A pint of your finest ale please landlord." Such a wealthy woman to order expensive ale. Karael looks at the few Freznics in his hands, cheap ale was the best he could afford. Staring too long would be unseemingly, so Karael turned away, concentrating on his mug of cheap ale.

The lady walked towards him, tried to make conversation. Karael was surprised, though he remembered his manners.
"It is a pleasure to meet you my lady, the name is Karael. It seems we are the only two living souls in town. Perhaps..." He gathered up his courage. "Perhaps you might join me for a drink."

Engaged in conversation, Karael did not notice another customer had entered. A sudden greeting shocked Karael.
"My friend, you tread too steathily." A smile came upon his face. "The tavern seems to be filling up, Azio. My name is Karael and the lady here is Vesna. A drink to health!"
Ermalyse

Post by Ermalyse »

Ermalyse just finished some work in the temple, and making her tour as a town garde.As always all was calme, the streets where empty,she looks arrownd her, all houses lights where closed for the night. She continued her way to go back home. the winds of cold air was pircing thrue her skin,, sh wraps her cloak arrowned her and lifted her hood, walking in a faster past, trying to get home where the heat would be apreciated. She then saw a dim light.. Humm this is verry unusal she thinks to her self.. she walks to the Tavern and opends the doors letting a draft of wind in she stops in the entrence too look who could be there. She se her friend Azio and two new villagers.As she walk towards them the door slams in back of her she turns and shakes her head.. there goes my unknowticed entrence she says to her self... she walk to the bartender and smiles sweetly she askes in a soft and verry strong Wahallian accent May I have some water or tea? she puts some Freznics on the counter and whaites for the Bartender to serve... He Looks at her with a wired look and says Water??? Tea??? This is a Tavern Priest he grumbles.. If your not taking Ale you can get out... Ermalyse sighs and shakes her head... Do you have anything with out Alchool it it? The Bartender laughts at her and says in a mocking voice ... Priest if you are looking for a place that dont serve Alchool Go back to your temples....Ermalyse sighs looks at him wih disapointment..As you wish Sir I was hoping to stay and fined good companie and nice discutions but... I can see when one is unwhanted.. Ermalyse leaves her Frenzics on the counter and shakes her head....As She leave to go to the door a small pouch fall from her belt not knowticing she opends the door and looks back at the Bartender and smiles sweetly...May your days be blessed and your path clear
Azio-Florin

Post by Azio-Florin »

Azio watched as the bartender refused to give Erma water or tea, as she began to leave he stood up and rushed to her grabbing her hand.

"Where do you think your going young lady" he laughed and let go of the hand.He then pulled Erma's hand so that she had to follow him to the bartender. He slammed his hand on the wood. "Right you... she is paying you for a tea... she is the preistess so you WILL show respect .. your a tavern therefore you serve drinks and tea... now if you have a problem then I'll simply tell everyone esle that theres a much better tavern to go to which serves everything... now care to serve this young lady a tea ?"

He then realised he had lost his hood, it had fallen as he had rushed to erma. His dark hair covered a bit of his left eye.
Vesna

Post by Vesna »

Vesna smiled at the strange man who introduced himself as Karael and joined him for a drink. Another gentleman joined them and introduced himself as Azio De Florin; Vesna noticed another woman enter the tavern and attempt to leave without a drink. She watched fascinated as Azio rushed to guide her back into the tavern.

Vesna whispered to Karael Are all the citizens in this town as unfriendly as that bar man? Tis a strange place I find myself.

Trying not to stare at Karael, Vesna attempted to order more drinks but the bartender refused to acknowledge her. She smiled questioningly at Karael

Would you be so kind Sir, as to order drinks more drinks? That man seems to be ignoring me…. Oh and whatever our two new friends would like too.

She thrust some frenzics in his hand before he had a chance to protest and turned to look at the other couple. Suspicious of everyone by nature, Vesna observed her fellow customers cautiously. She noticed that the woman had dropped a small pouch on the floor, trying not to let curiosity get the better of her she decided to ignore it for now at least......
Karael

Post by Karael »

Karael gives a shrug. The town of Widu was as unfamiliar to Vesna as to him. "Aye what a strange place we are. Just a few days ago, I woke up stranded in this weird place. Everything seems familiar yet so different at the same time. It is as if I was looking through a distorted lens. Though if my fragments of memory serves me well, people are usually friendly if one gives a smile first."

"Oh, you are generous." With some frenzics from Vesna, Karael walks slowly to the bartender. Aizo had slammed his hand on the bar and given the bartender a serious scolding. Though by the looks of it, had unfazed the man for his face still held much disinterest. He had a lady with him, the town priest by what snippets of conversation Karael could overhear. Interesting, religion always interested him but never did he believe in it. Perhaps... Karael brushed the thought from his mind, ale was more important.

Wearing a big smile on his face, Karael orders some ale. "Barkeep, could I get 2 mugs of ale? Perhaps something for Aizo and his lady friend too." The barkeep ignored him, continued staring at Aizo. It seems he was angry with Aizo's threat. Karael leaned over the bar, put down frenzics and whispered smoothly to the barkeep. "My friend, the frenzics are just lying there waiting for you to take them. Can you see them there? Imagine all those frenzics jingling in your pocket. Yes...What a delightful sound eh? No point losing money over anger, my friend." Karael smiles as the barkeep expressionlessly pocketed the cash and gave him 2 mugs of ale.

"Aizo, if you please, you and your lady friend could join us for a drink." Karael brought the ale back to Vesna. He hoped she had some interesting stories to tell and pass quickly, the cold hours of the night.
Azio-Florin

Post by Azio-Florin »

Azio grinned at the bartender. "So may she have that tea ?"

The bartender growled angryly but servered her a tea. "Here!" he carelessly let the tea spill a bit. Azio was aboutto complain but thought it be best not to. "Why that you sir.... I know making tea must be a new thing for you I clap for your bravery" he sarcastically said.

Azio pulled Erma's hand and followed Karael, he took a seat next to them and smiled to erma.

"Sorry Erma about the whole making you follow me" he winked " You can punish me if you like" he winked again and laughed. He drank some of the ale then turned to Karael and the Vensa. " So you seem new... and I've never met ya before ... so what brings ye to this wonderful town?"
Vesna

Post by Vesna »

Vesna, always reluctant to answer questions about herself, somewhat skilfully tried to deflect the question asked by Azio.

She turned to Karael, smiled warmly at him and said
So Karael Sir, that is indeed a good question…..what does bring you to our lovely town?

Vesna hoped that she could avoid further questioning, but was interested to hear Karael’s reply.