[ORP] Dream-mire Chalet: Teide's Home

Moderator: Community Team

Teide

Re: [ORP] Dream-mire Chalet: Teide's Home

Post by Teide »

Teide was enjoying her tea in the kitchen looking out the windows when Genova surprised her by suddenly appearing next to her. She nearly dropped her cup in her shock but instead merely fumbling with it barely holding a grip as hot tea swelled over the porcelain edge and slipped onto her fingers. Such minor burns were not of concern to Teide though as she blinked, rapidly trying to believe her eyes. Was it a trick of her mind again, was the silence teasing her? Her lips tripped over themselves as they struggled to find words. "Genova?!" Now that was hard to believe given Teide's abilities to sense ghosts and see the dead...how did she managed to stay out of sight all this time. But just as she was about to ask further she heard a crash outside and frowned, "What the......." getting up Teide crossed the front room and looked out the window. Maria was fending off an intruder.....then she heard the voice and giggled, "Oh it's Hakon..." she looks back at Vic, "He's the new guy I suppose around here. I hired him to handle the deliveries. Maria has been spread thin recently. I wonder who would win?" Teide watched from the window from which she barely saw over given her tiny stature and they went at it....of course a magical net was set and if Teide knew Maria was going to lop his head soon......she better intervene.

Teide stepped outside and touched Maria's hip to stop the worgen from advancing, "He's fine Maria go back inside. I'll handle it from here." she watched the btall blonde nod and go inside. Teide gave Hakon a warm smile, "I see you met my steward. She had instructions to kill anyone who came armed and ignorant of the traps....sorry I was giving you another chance for Valhalla." she giggled mischievously, "If you want the job you'll be working with her. She was just following instructions...see I have two jobs you could choose from...deliveries and helping at the shop...or a nanny."
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

Laughs looking at teide. "If she managed to do something more i would have had a chance, and if you said Valhalla, do you think the gods would accept me if i died as a nanny?"
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide crossed her arms at his reply and allowed herself a smooth smirk of amusement as he had been beaten by the very creatures that were supposedly from this Hel. How odd she needed more information but she was unconcerned for that particular moment on how he'd get to Valhala. "Deliveries it is then. You'll get plenty of chances for Valhalla on our roads and with my clients." she grinned and ran inside expecting him to follow. She had every intention of signing him up if he was interested in the work. If he wasn't that would be unfortunate. She'd need to advertise then seeing how she was short-handed now with the twins. Taking in children does tend to change one's life. "Are you comfortable with corpses, random parts of everything.....actually just tell me what you are afraid of because what you can't handle to deliver safely like baby dragons...Maria can do. This work is not for the faint of heart dear boy." she took a paper and quill from the table in her front room and started to scribe out a contract of employment, "What work benefits or wages are you looking for and you need housing? I don't offer insurance if a deliver attacks anyone. My company refuses to insure that far......could dead people in the past and they freak....I mean you poke a grypho-drake of course it's going to peek out your juicy brain....." she scoffs at the silliness of the notion.
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

He followed her inside and looked around the room, he wanted to see how reach is the person hiring him. When she asked what he was afraid of he burst out laughing, when he managed to calm down he managed to say: I fear nothing.
As she asked about work benefits he grinned. My wage before reaching this land was a pound of gold for each month served, and an substantial share of any loot acquired by any raiding parties i was part of, but of course i had my own house back them.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide raises a brow at him. Was he for real? She didn't have that coin. She wasn't poor but she had a shop to run and mouths to feed. She lived in a chalet, not a castle or mansion. She was partly noble by birth but she had not been raised or even born into wealth. She had worked from everything she had. As she kept her pen suspended over the page and ink dripped down like black rain. Her eyes said nothing but the void within them was sharp and hollow betraying something in her tiny shell. That if he came into her circle...and betrayed it...she would make Hel look like a saint. He would never see Valhalla for Teide's reach was farther than death. She smiled though which was bright and warm in direct contrast to the hellish chill of her gaze. "I will provide you a cabin on the outskirts of my land, monthly wages of 12 frenzics for spending money per week, you will work for your living expenses and I will pay for meals on long deliveries but if you ruin a delivery you pay the damages. I don't care what you do in your spare time as long as it does not affect my twins or Maria. If you go raiding in your spare time make sure it's one of the bandit forts or monster caves. You harm an innocent....I will cause such pain to run through your spine you will wish you had a seizure....and the hex holds even if I am not there." Teide goes ahead and writes the terms. "And of course if the terms are what I'd call acceptable I can release you from your contract." Teide writes her name and finishes it with a flourish and she didn't care if he wrote in his native language. She turned the paper on the table as she sat and looked at him evenly. For such a small elf...her unnatural aura caused distrust and even a bit of aggression to those around her. Her two-toned eyes of green and red and odd pupils were unsettling. Seeing her in her home, the long black claws and curled horns similar to a ram or goat were fully noticeable. Her silvery gray skin and raven black hair that fell loosely down her back in a cascade of loose curls and only a laced tank top and skirt for once showing what she looked like under the furs and bones. A feminine miniature who could not be mistaken for a child. She raised a brow at him. "Do you accept the terms?"
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

When he heard the termed he chuckled a bit, he didnt know how much a frenzic is worth, but 12 just sounded low, and the hex, was she for real?
"Fifteen frenzics, and forget the hex, i can decide for myself if someone is worth being stripped of his possessions or not, about the kids and Maria, they are of your family and i swore allegiance to you, so i wont bother them that much as long as they are not in my hair, all of the time.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide considered his change of the terms. Her lips thinned and and twisted to the side of her mouth as she seemed to consider those terms. She did not trust him to have good judgement, she did not trust him to not cause trouble but in the end what did she care what happened to him or what he might do....Teide liked to see interesting things...and that went in several directions. Let him go about and cause his mischief...she was not his babysitter. Just as Bill had done all sorts of things and did it mean his work at the shop was over? Only if he decided to....Teide could not deny her curiosity to see havoc unfold. She had pretending to be noble...but die a few times and what did nobility mean? She was noble when she decided to be. There was no reason to bother with it now. He swore allegiance but Teide would not hold it to him. She was not terribly concerned with such fragile things as vows....they were just words. She smiled. She'd let him to the very small jobs and long deliveries. Keep him busy and yet never too close that he could get too troublesome.

"Fine as you want...the cabin is only available as long as you work. If you ever want to quit keep that in mind."

Magically the letters rearrange on the paper without her writing and scripted the words to his terms. The quill rolled to him waiting for him to write his name.
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

He grinned and took the quill, he focused to write his name as Idunno taught him, 'Hakon Lodbrok'.
"That will be well remembered, alto i wonder why you want my name on a piece of paper."
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide reclined back on her seat and crossed her legs with a highly amused grin at his expense. The writing on the contract lit up and then the whole paper disappeared in a wisp of smoke, transporting itself for filing. "Records, of course. I keep records of everything.....Maria's cabin is to the South of the property line. Simple access to the road and the house if she is needed for property tending or shop work. You on the other hand do not need to have simple access to the house path."

She gets another piece of paper and starts to draw a map of her property. In green she highlighted the forest designed to confuse trespassers and hide the house. In red she mapped out the various traps and on a separate piece of paper instructions how to avoid all the different varieties. Her house she wrote in a nightshade indigo and the cabins were marked in blue. Maria's cabin was marked in a bold brown and then far to the southeast on the edge of the property and closest to the main road leading into Widu she marked a cabin in teal. "That is your cabin Hakon. There are trees that hide it from the road but it will give you ample freedom to travel into town or into the mountains...see how it forks just further south? The will lead to the north mine and it's a good hunting area. If you go northwest, there are some settlements of various monster races you can challenge and raid and my property line takes care of the unwanted if you get across the boundary in time. You can go ahead make yourself at home. It's big enough to hold sizeable booty including a wench if you convince someone. I don't care what you do on your off time so much."

Teide gave him the pieces of paper and studied his face.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide had planted new traps about the property and all sorts of illusions. Only someone who had been there before, was on her list or was very very clever might by pass them at this point.