Baptism of Riku

Moderator: Community Team

Wandress

Baptism of Riku

Post by Wandress »

The town of Widu was bustling with life and energy as Wandress made her way through the streets. Merchants shouted and cajoled good-naturedly with customers and other merchants, each vying for sales. Children testing their freedom darted in between legs and tables, chasing each other, chasing pets that ran before them, chasing their own sense of liberty from their parents. A vibrant community, newly joined to Bravia, though there still seemed to be some heated discussions from street corners as she passed. Wandress did just that; pass on. Widu's politics hardly interested her. She was here for a far more specific reason.

She took a seat in the common room of an inn she wasn't sure the name of - it's weather-beaten sign had lost its writing some time ago, the only image she could make out was a sort of crown, or perhaps a coronet, above another image that was now indiscernible. Was it a monkey? Maybe a sea crustacean. Or perhaps even a sandwich? For whatever its name was, it was well patroned, most of its tables had at least one occupant. Wandress found an empty table and set down her travel bag, drawing from it parchment, ink, quill and sander. A busty orcish tavern maid with bones as her apron made her way over, offering in a gruff, startlingly low voice ale or what Wandress gathered as some sort of spirit. Declining both, she asked for tea instead; alcohol was for celebrations, and it was not time yet for that. The orc gave her a bit of a confused look, then turned and returned to the bar, muttering to herself in orcish. I wonder if she knows Logo," Wandress mused as she took a seat, and begun to pen her summons to the Deacon Riku to attend his baptism. How unfortunate that he had to wait so long, but at least we can begin to set things aright. The orcish girl returned with a rather large mug of something brown, a little frothy, with a bit of a gritty film along the edges of the mug. Wandress smoothly turned her grimace into a smile, and pressed a coin into the orc's palm. "Uh, thank you," she said a bit uncertainly, staring into the murky drink.

Setting the drink, untouched, off to the side, Wandress completed her letter.
Dear Deacon Riku

May the Mages guide your path. It is my honour to summon you to the Widu Temple for your baptism into the Order of Mucaz. You are welcome to bring anyone you choose to witness your baptism.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Faithfully,

Reverend Mother Wandress
Baptist of the Order of Mucaz
Wandress paused, her quill hovering over the just completed letter, eyeing the mug before her suspiciously. Did it just bubble?
riku

Re: Baptism of Riku

Post by riku »

Riku smiled as the letter was dropped off to him at his office. Thanking the man who delivered the letter Riku had the man wait for Riku's correspondence. He had regretted not getting baptized sooner. He knew it was a requirement in the order of Mucaz but everything happened quickly and he found himself deacon of Widu. He had enjoyed his time so far and though his masses were short he hoped the members of the church enjoyed them. Riku found it interesting, he had followed the path of the light and at first was worried about giving sermons about the dark path. He felt he did an alright job. He had the notes from the previous priests and they helped him with his masses.

Pulling out a clean sheet he pinned a letter back to Wandress:
Dear Wandress,

I will be waiting at the temple when you get the chance. Thank you for doing my baptism I regretted the delay it has taken to get it done. I will be waiting in the chapel when you arrive. I wait eagerly to do the baptism and become a full member of the order.

Thank you,
Riku
Deacon of Widu Temple
Smiling he handed it to the man waiting to deliver it back to Wandress. Walking to the kitchen Riku grabs the spare tea set and sets to making some tea. He was a bit nervous and wanted some tea to relax himself. Riku made his hand burst into flame and used that fire to quickly boil the water. After steeping the tea for awhile he carries the set of tea out to the main chapel and waited for Wandress. Riku wondered if Victorious or Genova might show up he had yet to make very many friends during his time in Widu he rarely spent time in the tavern always busy working in his shop or in the temple.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Wandress made her way to Widu's temple, her cloak pulled tight against her to ward off winter's chill. The temple was quiet when she entered, but a young man was already waiting there. She approached him with a smile. "Deacon Riku I presume? It is a pleasure to finally meet you. Is there anyone else you want to wait for before we get started?"
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Karcier runs in almost falling over as he goes through the door. "Sorry I'm late !" he wiped some dust off his Mucaz robes and smiled. "I'm just a follower of the order but I will happily watch one of our own be baptized !" Karcier nodded and smiled to Riku, he was of Widu and Karcier had to watch a fellow Widuian be baptized after all he was still waiting on his maybe wanderess would allow him to also be baptized...two the the price of one. He chuckled to himself and remained silent as he watched.
riku

Post by riku »

((Sorry school has had me distracted.))

Riku smiled as someone he recognized from mass come in. He was glad at least one person had come to see his baptism. "I think I am ready wanderess. Thank you for coming Karcer."
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Karcier smiled and nodded his head "Anything for our you deacon !" he pauses and chuckles "Well not everything but ya get the idea aye " Karcier settled down at one of the many benches and began taking notes, moment like these although relatively normal should always be noted down and remembered in history.

He began to write. "Baptism of Deacon Riku of Widu..."