(ORP) ..At the Edge..

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Re: (ORP) ..At the Edge..

Post by Wyllow »

Her eyes were captivated by his as he sat up. She smiled at him and listened to every word he spoke as if it was the last breath she would be allowed to take. She felt her cheeks flush bright red as everything she could ever want was there before her. His reply couldn't have been more perfect. It was as if the depths of her heart were being re veiled but by someone else. The one that was meant for her.

His lips upon her hand sent a shiver down her spine that had her feeling alive and vibrant. She moved into his arms easily and greedily drank from his lips. She melded into him as if she belonged there. Her bodies response to him was much more overwhelming than she could have expected. She felt warm and almost liquid.. And she knew that this is what love was. She smiled as he broke the kiss to speak. She loved the soft rumble in his chest when he spoke. She couldn't remember the first time she had realized it, but it reminded her of a soft purr. She could have stayed like that forever.

He was right.. the water was cool.. and she wouldn't ever admit it, but she too needed it. She flicked him a grin because she couldn't help herself. She didn't say anything, but leaned in quickly and stole a very quick kiss, then jumped to her feet and laughed as she ran back toward the water. 'Last one in, is a rotten egg!' She playfully called back over her shoulder at him, laughter in her voice.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria laughed as Wyllow jumped up and ran for the water. The words she had spoken and the feelings they shared only worked to make a beautiful day all that much better. He had always been somewhat of a stoic loner, but he had felt called to journey to this area. His meeting and connection with Wyllow was not an accident. Tuvoria had always known that the Mages ad brought him here for a reason. He now knew that Wyllow and the fulfillment that she brought to his soul and to his life was the reason he was here. A place where for once he was fully at peace.

He sat there a few seconds watching Wyllow as she ran towards the water, entranced at how gracefully she moved. Shaking thoughts out of his head that would have to wait until their wedding day, Tuvoria jumped and gave pursuit toward Wyllow.

"Oh no you don't! No rotten eggs here!"

Tuvoria caught up to Wyllow just at the edge of the water. He quickly scooped her up by her legs and then, as he kissed her ran further into the water before taking them both under the surface.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Darius

Post by Darius »

(OOC: this is part of a continuation of the Life in the Woods thread here in Widu and the Bloodclaw vs Thunder thread in the Mysts)

...Darius knew he was being followed by Merridoc and a portion of his patrol. He wasn't sure were they were based out of, but given the freshness of the men, he assumed the nearby town of Widu. He ordered a few of his weremen to lag back and either delay or mislead the halfling and his band. This allowed Darius and the larger group to disappear and undetected, draw closer to Widu. Darius paused as he entered into an old section of the woods. He sniffed the air and smiled. The scent of the shewolf was faint on the air. Looking about he spotted a seldom used game trail, that had wolf prints along it. Calling his band, Darius quickly followed the trail and soon stumbled upon a small clearing with a small wooden shack...

"This is her place for sure Claws! Spread out and look for her or where she may be. Leave nothing unturned, clear any crops, open any barrels, leave nothing to chance. If you find her, bring her to me. Anyone else that stumbles into your path, Kill 'em.!" said Darius as he went up to the door and kicked it in. "Hi honey, I'm home."

The bloodclaws made quick work of the animals that were once the property of Wyllow, ransacking the fields, and her house. Darius had them burn the fields, but left the shack standing. However it was still a total mess as everything was thrown into the center of the main room. Darius knew he had to get moving soon, as the Halfling would probably be approaching soon. He gathered up his pack and then moved back into the woods taking a circumvental route towards Widu.
Meridoc

Post by Meridoc »

Meridoc and the group of men he had gathered quickly picked up the trail of the Bloodclaws and after about 30 minutes he knew a confortation was coming. Before he could give the warning, three wolves emerged from the trees and the fight was on. Two of the wolves and one of Merridoc's men fell quickly. The third wolve tried to gaurd his two companions and take snaps at Merridoc, but soon realized it was a lost cause. He turned and tried to sprint back into the woods, but the half elven archer, Thadeus soon sent him to face the Mages with a barrage of arrows. As Merridoc and his men began to check the bodies and bury thier commarade, Merridoc noticed more tracks and that this was but a rear gaurd unit meant to delay him. He looked in the direction the tracks were headed and then without thinking yelled out: "WYLLOW!!!"

Quickly regaining his composure, he rallied is remaining men together and set off for Wyllow's shack in the woods.

"This was a delaying unit me lad. Given the tracks Darius be heading off towards Wyllow's Place. I just pray that Tuvie had the smarts in his raddled brain to head towards his place or into town. Common laddies, we gotta get movin double time. There be a fight a brewing an I aint aimin to be missin it."

With that the group took off at a full sprint hoping to catch up to the main group before it was too late. They all about dropped to the ground when they rounded the corner and saw the smoldering fields and the door to Wyllow's place ripped off its hinges. Merridoc quickly had his men spread out to look for any surviors or signs of conflict. Not finding any they were about to move on, when Merridoc paused for a brief moment when he saw a piece of parchment with an old world script on it. Picking it up Merridoc went pale as he read it:

YOU ARE TO LATE HALFLING. THE BLACK SHEWOLF WILL BE MINE. HERE POWER OFTHE MAGES AND OUR WEREBLOOD WILL ALLOW US TO HAVE THE CHILDREN OF LEGEND THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO TAKE MY PLACE AS THE RIGHTFUL RULER OF ALL LANDS IN THIS WORLD. I LOOK FORWARD TO TURNING YOU INTO MY ETERNAL FOOTSTOOL. --- DARIUS

Tucking the parchement into his tunic, Merridoc quickly gathered in his troops and with a renewed vigor they took off down a different path, one that few knew off, and that Merridoc hoped would get him to Tuvoria's ahead of the bloodclaws..
Former Long Patrol Scout
Current purveyor of fine spirits
Prancing Pony Wine & Spirits
Widu, Kiene