(ORP) ..At the Edge..

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Re: (ORP) ..At the Edge..

Post by Wyllow »

Moving about the market she doesn't buy anything just yet. It is important to her that her and Tuv plan this together. Silly as it may be, his opinion and thoughts mean a lot to her. Nearly having to push her way through to exit a particularity crowded area, the bottleneck clears enough for her to make her way through. And as the crowd parts, through the passers-by she spies Tuv, as handsome as can be upon a bench. A grin forms upon her face as he looks so at ease and relaxed.

With a little bump she is reminded that she is now blocking others' path. Moving to the side, she approaches Tutorial, a little exasperated. 'Whew!' She exclaims as she makes her way over to take a seat. 'Have you been in there yet today?!?' She gave him a smile. 'May I join you? ...I think a few minutes might help things clear out!' She pokes a thumb over her shoulder, and chuckles. The great thing about this, is this bench will allow her to ask him a few things... Like what kind of things he likes. It hadn't really occurred until now for her to ask him.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria had been lost in thought when he heard Wyllow's voice call out. Looking up he smiles as he welcomes her.

"Morning beautiful! Come have a seat. I haven't been here long, and yes I have been in there. I was picking up something special for Gawain as well as checking on corn prices. That reminds me, I got this little trinket for you."

Tuvoria then takes the orange hair tie he purchased and gives it to Wyllow.

"As far as what to cook, I am open to just about anything and look forward to what you will create. I've been to a few places and always enjoy trying new things. The only thing that me and Gawain ask is that it not be fish. We had a good bit of luck fishing and have had our fill of fish the last few days. So my dear, tell me what kind of things do you like?"

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Her smiled widened and her cheeks flushed. She wasn't sure she would ever get used to the sweet words he used in regards to her. She wasn't one to believe she an exceptional beauty. Average? Sure, that sounded about right. She had always been the girl no one really payed any mind to.. She hadn't been a trouble maker when she was smaller or anything like that.. Fairly well mannered.. And after she was under the care of her brother, there wasn't a whole lot he allowed her to do. Though at the time he never explained why. But she knew now... everything that she was in the dark about back then.

In some things she was naive, but others she learned just the same as others did. She hadn't really ever had someone that she could say that she was theirs... That made her feel the way Tuvoira did. And when it came to him she let her heart be worn on her sleeve even though she knew it was a risk. The word Love scared the wits out of her, but somehow, Tuvoria made the word less scary. He made it easy to care about him.. and it felt as natural as breathing.

She took the seat on the bench next to him. She exhaled the exasperation she had been feeling just a few moments before. She then gasped as he handed her the gift. 'Oh! It is beautiful! Thank you.' The gift caught her off guard. She looked the item over then immediately pulled her hair back at the nape of her neck, loosely tied her hair back. 'I like it, very much.' She smiled at him, nearly leaning over to kiss him. As it is what she wanted to do greatly.

Tearing her eyes from his, she then smiled at the ground for a moment to gain her composure. 'I can promise I won't cook fish... ' She laughed then. (Her normal go-to when she was suddenly nervous.) Looking out to the crowd of people going about their business she spoke once more. 'As to what I like? Oh I like a large variety of things... there isn't much I have not tried that I didn't like. Salted fish, is probably my least favorite... But that is with certain kinds. And even then, if done right.. soaked and things, it isn't half bad if done a certain way. Have you had fishcakes before?' She asked then, but continued on too quickly. '..Now that I think on it, Shell-fish, foods from the sea are probably my least favorite..' She paused a second. 'You two don't mind garlic and onions do you?' She finally took a breath.

Why was she feeling like this?!? The anticipation of seeing him and now she was here right next to him and suddenly running on at the mouth like a great idiot. It was as if there was extra energy bouncing around her and she felt giddy and almost light headed.
Last edited by Wyllow on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria leans in to help Wyllow as she seeks to give him a kiss. He is amazed at just how natural it feels to kiss her. Tuvoria then makes a grimmaced face at the mention of salted fish.

"Sorry Wyl but I have had my fill of salted fish. Probably as a result of too many expeditions upon fishing boats. Now as to garlic and onions, i love them. Perhaps we can grab some of them, some tomatoes, carrots, spinach, a cheese or two, and some chicken? Perhaps have some broccoli as a side. If you are up to it we can attempt some orange marmalade rolls or bread for dessert with some tea. I've already picked up a nice jar of marmalade. Let me know what you think and when you are ready we can attempt to reenter that fray across the street."

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She chuckled. 'I sort of figured as much!' She said with a grin. 'I am glad to hear that you like those two, because I absolutely love to cook with those. And as to all that, it sounds great. I have never made marmalade rolls though, so you may have to teach me.' She winked, pretty sure she could figure it out though.

'Shall we?' She asked then, jumping to her feet. It was going to be some task weaving back in amongst the people, but it seemed to have cleared some. 'I saw some stalls with some excellent items. I do love the idea of chicken so easy and.. hopefully will be tasty.' She smiled then and turned to enter the crowd. 'I harvested some herbs this morning which I think will go lovely with whatever we buy.'

She then turned to him to ask something that popped into her mind. 'Did you guys want to come over, or would it be easier at your place?' Movements in the market were much easier than it had been before. It was still bustling, but not nearly as many people were around. The first cart with oranges came into view and she moved toward it. She planned on stuffing the chicken with some, skin and all. Picking up the first one, she raised it to her nose and inhaled the scent.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria pauses for a moment with Wyllow's question as he hadn't really considered it before.

" I hadn't really thought about that before, Wyl. Since you will be doing most of the cooking, I will leave it up to you. My place is a bit closer and does have a bit more room, but I want you to be comfortable as things are being prepared. Also would you like to pick up a bottle of wine to go with things tonight?"

Glancing across the way, Tuvoria notices that the mad throng has thinned out a bit. Standing up he continues on.

" If we do decide on your place, I will need to stop by my place. Not only to get Gawain, but I have something there for you as well. Anyway, it looks as though the throng has let up a good deal. Shall we venture forth my dear?"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She thought for a moment.. 'Hmm, will have to think on that for a bit. Might be easier to cook at your place, though I would like to stop and get those herbs.. Actually, I could probably just buy some here. So, yes, lets do that.' She spoke as she was thinking, and thus caused her to think it all out-loud. She smiled, examined the oranges a bit closer and purchased a few.

Moving along she found onions garlic.. broccoli.. potatoes.. 'Potatoes?' She turned to ask him, holding a couple up. With various other vegetables she was hoping to pick up, they weren't really needed. There were other things like parsnips that she wanted as well as other things he had mentioned. 'And how do you like your spinach?' She picked up a bunch. 'Raw or wilted?'

She preferred hers raw, but she knew many that liked it warmed just enough to slightly wilt it. 'Oh, look at those strawberries! I bet those would go good with some wine.' His suggestion of wine was great as well as cheese. She was enjoying her time in the market immensely. It made her then think on how her life seemed to be changing. Almost evolving, if she could apply the word to herself. Thinking back to a month or so ago, being in this close of a proximity to all the people in the market, it would have given her a slight case of anxiety. It truly wasn't that she disliked crowds, she just like the calm of the natural world.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria was enjoying his time in the market with Wyllow as he watched her float from stall to stall with excitement as she planned things out for tonight's dinner.

"Oooh, I hadn't thought about potatoes. Yes let's include them. As to the spinach, how about we keep it raw and pick up a few things to make a salad out of it."

As they continued along looking at fruits, Tuvoria's eyes light up with the mention of strawberries by Wyllow.

"Let's definitely get some strawberries and then head over to look at some of the cheese that we can get to pair with a good wine. By the way love, what type of spices do you want to pick up?"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

As she moved through the market, she paid and slipped the items into her bag. The uncooked vegetables would be fine, the strawberries however, she knew wouldn't do so well. Turning to Tuv, she asked if he could carry them. 'Would you mind carrying these so they don't get squashed?' She moved closer to him to be able to hand them to him. 'And as to the herbs and spices.. I think some Thyme, Sage and Rosemary will be good for the herbs.. bit of salt and pepper for spice, I think should be good.'

They now had most everything needed for the meal except the actual chicken.. and the wine. 'There is a butcher down that way that I saw some lovely plucked chickens. The price is a little higher, but this way the chickens are pretty much ready to go and I don't have to pluck them. Or, unless you want the feathers, I could pluck them as well. It is rather easy to do, and we could save a little bit.'

She waited before him to hear what he thought.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria was all smiles as he watched in amazement at how deftly Wyllow negotiated in and around the market, not only with the crowds but also with the local merchants. It was an amazement to see her in action, despite her natural tendency to be an introvert and away from most of society. When she handed him things to carry the look of excrement in her eyes and the thought of preparing dinner tonight made his heart flutter.

"Those spices sound great Wyl. One spice I would love to add, as it has been one that I have been fond of is fresh basil. Shall we pick some up. Unless you have a need for the feathers, let's get a plucked chicken. I currently don't have a need for feathers. Plus the time saved will give us more time to try the orange rolls and relax with each other. Let's go see that butcher,then we can head across the way and see if the halfling Meridoc is at his shop. In the few times I have been in the market, he seems to have the best handle on wines and brings in many imported varieties. "

Tuvoria then shifted what he was carrying to make it easier to maneuver as he drew closer to Wyllow. Looking at her beautiful eyes showing the excitement and glow of their being together made his soul do flips. He was for the first time in a long while, truly content. Smiling he leaned in and gave Wyllow a deep kiss.

"Thank you Wyl for making me one happy and content being. I have not felt like this for as long as I can remember. I am so happy that fate, the Mages, or whatever has brought us together. You truly are a blessing in my life. Now what say we go and get that chicken and wine, then head back to my place to get things started? Gawain will join us later at my place. He wanted to take his horse out for a ride and some exercise today."