(ORP) ..At the Edge..

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Re: (ORP) ..At the Edge..

Post by Wyllow »

'Ah! You are right! Basil will go splendidly!' She added that to the other herbs she purchased. She smiled at the merchant then turned back to Tuv. 'Agreed.' She smiled at him, pure joy radiating from her as she looked upon him. He was right. Time saved would be good considering they were practically making enough to feed an army. A small one, but an army none the less.

He caught her off-guard with his kiss, but she relished it. If she wasn't smiling enough, now her smile would be even harder to remove from her face. When the kiss concluded a giggle erupted. She had forgotten how much she loved to laugh. She looked at him for a stolen moment, which really only lasted a few seconds. 'You better be careful.. You keep being so sweet, I may just never leave your side again.' She said this with a lighthearted air and with laughter in her voice.. a tease, but deep down she knew that he made her better just being near him. She felt alive around him.. she felt whole. Almost to-where she could almost forget the horror that resided within her.

His words warmed her inside then, in a way that could never be explained. It made her blush brighter than ever. His words so kind and lovely, she could have cried. Never had she felt as wanted and cared for as she did at this very moment and she couldn't even speak at what he had just said. Pushing back her emotion she finally found words that she could form, but it didn't remove the thick feeling in her throat. Because if they both hadn't been holding items, she could have easily flung her arms around him with the overwhelming feelings that were coursing through her. 'Yes, lets get the last couple things and be on our way.'

She then shifted the sack in her hands and found a way to place her hand upon the back and inner side of his elbow very lightly, so that she could be nearer. She would have linked her arm through his, but they both were carrying a good many items.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria was feeling warm and very fuzzy inside especially as Wyllow edged closer to him and put her hand in his elbow. It seemed natural and right that she would be right there at his side. He was enjoying his time with her and the pure fun in being in the moment and planning the dinner. When she mentioned being at his side forever, Tuvoria nearly exploded with positive emotions.

"Who knows Wyl, perhaps if things work out right we can be at each others sides for eternity. I don't know about you but it seems like you are supposed to be next to me. I feel completed when you are by my side, and I like that feeling."

He had wanted to kiss her again but with all that he had in his arms, he instead just gave her a playful wink and blew a kiss to her.

"Yes my love, let us go get the wines and then make our way back to my place. I can't wait to see you preform your magic in my kitchen. I just hope I can keep my hands and kisses to myself so that you can prepare things."

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

With the door to the Bakery closed firmly behind them, she turned to start walking. A strained feeling seemed to wedge its way between them. Something she had never felt before and it was unsettling. She halted a moment to wait for him to come up along side her, and she slipped her hand into his. She didn't like the uneasy feeling that was settling around them. She couldn't say anything just yet about their relationship, which she knew was weighing on both of their minds, but needed him to know that they could face anything if their love was as strong as she believed it was.

As they walked out of town, the silence seemed to grow. They came to the edge of the meadow where the forest meet the trees and slipped into the cover of the forest. The same exact place they had met for the very first time. She led him in and then turned east.. heading away from her normal route toward her home. The birds and animals of the forest surrounded them and she hoped that the surrounding would ease everything. Nature was such a part of her.. and if anything he had stated about himself, was truth, she hoped it would be the same for him. Here, words weren't needed, just simple observation and patience. Which she believed they needed.

The elevation climbed a bit, then dropped back down over a low knoll before she was closer to their destination. The silence was chilling, but was what was needed. As the came to the bottom of the small rise, a small creek could be seen to the right. It was partially shaded with large trees lining the banks. The sound of water tripping over rocks was pleasant and soothing. And as the walked a bit further, the creek bent further east, but it was that bend that a pool was created. Light filtered down onto the water, and it was clean, clear and quite inviting.

It was there that she let go of his hand. Just before the bend in the water, were large rocks. If navigated correctly, one could get there without getting wet. That was where she loved to sit and let her feet dangle into the water. It was a place for reflection and observation.. and a place where worries dissipated into the blue rush of the water and the soft sounds of rustling leaves. The banks were filled with moss and grasses, perfect for napping in.. In all the times she had come here, she had not seen proof of other people. It was a favorite place for deer to come to drink their fill and various other animals.

She settled on the mossy bank. A large Willow lived happily behind the little mossy bank.. a place that a person could easily rest with their back upon it. And she looked out over the water as it moved along. It wasn't exactly a quick pace, but enough that kept the water from being stale. It was then that she finally spoke from her heart. 'Tuvoria.. I am trying to understand how it is you feel responsible. I know what you have said, but..' She looked to him then, her voice was soft at first. She didn't want to believe it. 'Is there some shred of evidence that it is even possible? How can you be so sure that pack came this way..?' How can you be so sure? She wanted to say. 'Did you know their family names?' Her voice shook slightly as hysterics threatened to show themselves, but she was pleading with him that there was some hole in what he had stated. She wondered how far this friend was involved. Had he been the one? She was searching for something that could give them a chance that this possibly hadn't been what happened. That he was taking the full blame, when in fact he wasn't 100% sure that he was wholly responsible.

Her eyes trained on him and held fast. She struggled to not let her emotions take hold of her. She was refusing to let them take over her body. Because if she did that, she knew that she might shift and that wasn't something she wanted right now. He was not in any danger.. She wasn't angry at him. A deep sadness was filling her up inside.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria followed Wyllow as she led him out of town, through the woods, and to the spot that they now stood. The silence upon the journey began to weigh upon him. When Wyllow put her hand in his, he knew deep inside somewhere that the bond they had was still there. As they walked, he let his mind drift with the songs of nature about them as he tried to wrap his mind around all that had happened. The thoughts that kept coming back, thoughts he had hoped to never have to relive. When they finally stopped it took a moment for Tuvoria to realize that Wyllow was speaking to him. Snapping back to the present, he focuses upon her as he considers his words.

"I'm not really sure if the one group is responsible or not. I hope i am wrong, but i have this nagging feeling that I may have helped push the one pack this way. There were two packs that we pursued across a vast expanse of territory."

Tuvoria then sat in the grass looking out over the area.

"this really is a beautiful spot Wyl. But you didn't bring me here just for that. If I remember correctly the two packs we chased were the Iron Fist Pack and the Blood Claw Pack. The Iron Fist pack was chased by two other Long Patrol units. They finally caught up with them and all but a few, from what i am told, surrendered and are living out life in an isolated prison somewhere. That was not the case with Blood Claw Pack. They were a vicious lot and attacked a few of the other squads. Killing many of them as they slept. We chased them and caught a few but the main group always got away. They ran for the shore and took over a boat. We gave chase for a bit and ended up loosing them in a fog and a storm. We had heard rumors that they came this way. They had a reputation for hatred, attacking anyone that got in their way and seeking to kill any pack member that they felt had betrayed them. Given what you have said i think they may have been the pack."

Tuvoria then draws the following in the dirt

"This was their symbol and emblem."

Tuvoria then looks off in the distance before looking back towards Wyllow to see if she recognizes the emblem.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She took a breath, and trembled a little. She closed her eyes and looked away from him. She had known deep in her heart, the truth. It was them. 'Devin.' The name slipped out of her lips as a controlled whisper. 'His name is Deven Blood Claw and yes, that is the one that..' She thought of Calline just then. And other names and faces she cared not to remember.

The tears fell now. She wouldn't hold them back any longer. 'But you couldn't know.' She turned back to him, her voice thick with unshed tears. 'There was no way for you to know or predict what would happen here.. and I refuse to let this happen.. To let some stupid past come between us.' Her voice had risen with passion. She loved the man so deeply that it hurt. The emotions that coursed through her were strange, as at first she felt anger, then that quickly turned to what she knew in her heart, and that was the full truth of the matter. No one could be responsible for this, but Devin. She took a deep breath as her thoughts came and went at lightning speed.

Her watery eyes filled with fresh tears and she moved so that she could take his hand. She was more calm as she sat before him. 'He killed my brother for not taking the wrap for his own deeds. Pack is family. Pack before anything else... and hierarchy rules, whether good or bad.' She said to him quietly. 'Before his death, he informed me of many things.. only moments before... I didn't believe it, but then it all turned bad. I found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. I didn't even know before hand what my brother had become..He said there was a drive not only to kill those that wouldn't be turned, but to enlarge the pack. But those were secret plans and I was an outsider then. But then.. ..everything happened so fast.'

Her eyes were far away as she remembered everything as if it had happened yesterday. She struggled to come back to the present as she pushed it away. She couldn't live in the past anymore. Couldn't be afraid anymore. She had to look to the future, a future she hoped she might one day have with the man before her.

Through her tears, she managed a smile at the man before her. This had caused him such distress, that she knew he loved her. 'Do not feel guilt.. or pain. You could not have predicted what was to happen. My brother chose the path he walked, he knew the dangers of that life.'

Even now, even she knew the dangers of the life she led. Devin hadn't sought out to claim her for the pack, which he very well could at any time, but it was her choice whether or not to accept. Never would she walk amongst the Blood Claw Clan. She continued softly. 'I brought you here so that you could understand that I offer to you, all that I am. My deepest fears along with my most favorite place to think and reflect. To tell you, that... I am at peace with my past and that I want you to be as well.' Tears welled up once more. 'If you need me to utter the words that I forgive you, I would and I can.. again and again.. but to me, there is nothing to forgive. You may have played a roll, but it wasn't intentional, whether ordered or not.'
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria listened as Wyllow spoke and he could feel the love from her flowing as sought to forgive him. He was all jumbled up inside and had to work overtime to bring everything back to center. He was happy that he told Wyllow about this aspect of his past. He had tried to forget this part of his life and the person he was while doing it. When Wyllow finished confirming his fears, but still forgiving him, Tuvoria wrapped his arms about her and just held her in silence for a few minutes.

"Thank you Wyl, for bringing me here and for not holding things against me. You are right, I can't beat myself up for the Blood Claw's coming here or what happened to your brother. How could I have known? I love you and I did not want this part of my past to come between us or be used against us. When I hunted them, I became a very different person. One I no longer wish to remember or become. The blood lust and focus became so focused that I sometimes hurt those that inadvertently got in the way. Meridoc was very similar as well. We often tried to numb the pain and the memories with strong drink. I think that is one reason Meri is now selling wines and liquors as he got to know and locate some of the best sources."

Tuvoria let loose his hug but kept his hand in Wyllow's as he turned to just stand next to her and enjoy the beauty of this place she had brought him to.

" I had forgotten about the Blood Claws until the nightmare I had last night. Then everything hit me at once. I have never felt more at home or at peace that I am when I am around you Wyl. I don't want to lose that. I also know how vengeful and nasty the Blood Claws can be. They never let go of a past offense, and they often tried to hunt members of the Long Patrols that where hunting them. That is now one of my fears. With you, Meridoc, and myself all now being here in Widu, I am concerned that if they are still in this region of the world that they might get word of it and seek to come after us for payback. If Devin or his brother Corwain find out that i am here and that you are my love, I fear that they might try something. The scar that Devin has under his right eye, I gave him. Corwain, makes Devin look tame, or at least he did when I chased them. Corwain vowed that he would never stop hunting me after I killed his mate, Krala, and took his left ear in a very bloody battle."

Tuvoria then let out a deep sigh and shook his head as if trying to keep the memories of that time at bay and out of his conscious memory.

"I don't want to lose you and I felt I had to tell you all. I didn't want one of that pack or its allies to find out that I was here and then start telling rumors and such that might cause you pain. I wanted you to hear the truth from me. If they do come here, I fear I will have no choice but risk my life in battle to destroy them. I can't take the risk nor could I bear the thought of them trying to make Widu as their home base. Nature is in perfect balance here and they are but a plague that would destroy that balance and this town."

Tuvoria, now seeming to be back to himself, broke a smile and leaned over and kissed Wyllow on her forehead.

"Enough of the past for now. The sun has risen marking the glorious new day, new birth, and new beginnings. Let us focus instead on each other and our future together. I haven't eaten yet. So my dear, would you like to stay out here for a bit, or head into town and let me buy you breakfast before we head back over to your bakery?"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Her heart melted as he spoke. 'I know all to well what it is like to not be yourself. To have something crazed in side of you. It is why I am so hesitant about certain things.' She broke in at one point. She wished she could take away his pain. And hold him.. so that he wouldn't ever have nightmares again. But alas, it wasn't something she could do, no matter how much she wished it. The mind could only heal its self.

It made her feel good that he felt even a small amount of peace when he was with her. That, she could be glad of. She was certain that what ever lay ahead, they could deal with it together, as that is what she hoped could happen. She couldn't ever find it in her heart to have been angry at him for the past. The past was just that.. Something that they all left behind the moment the minute ticked passed them. They couldn't change anything that had happened in their pasts. They could only change what they did differently in the future.

She couldn't help to smile at him now. Afraid of rumors? She isn't the kind of woman that listens to idle gossip, even if it is in a way hurtful or menacing. 'Tuv, if ever I hear talk, and it is either good or unsavory, I will ask you. I will always give you a chance to explain. Because that is what we do with the ones we love. We allow them to tell their side of it. Always.' She smiled at him. She did love the man, that made up the person that was Tuvoria. Deeply.

'I have no doubt they will seek revenge. I actually think there is more out there that may try to cause us harm in some way or another. But lets just take it one day at a time. Lets take on what comes our way, one problem at a time. We can not be afraid of what may come around the corner tomorrow.. or a week or a month from now. If we worry over that, then we will destroy the peace that we live in and give in to the fear of living rather than living our lives to the fullest.' She watched as he sighed and seemed to try to grasp a hold of the present. She understood that he would protect their world, which encompassed Widu. 'Yes, I know.'

His kiss was light as a feather. She was glad that he enjoyed the place that she had brought him to. She looked at it as their place to share, if he liked. She hadn't even thought of food. Time seemed to fly by and she hadn't even realized. But it was something that had been needed. 'I am not too worried over the bakery. Gabriel should be able to manage on his own for a day. Lets... lets go find something to eat in town.. and.. I don't know... Maybe go swimming or something. I just feel like I need to be away from town and all its many troubles.' She smiled at him again. 'I have heard that if you head north-east, we can encounter the ocean.. and where there are oceans.. there is typically a beach.' The only real problem with this was she didn't know how far it was.. And that it might require a little bit more than a walk for their travel.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria draws Wyllow closer to himself as he relaxes at her words.

"Thanks my love. It means a lot that you feel this way. I had to unburden this and be honest with you. I want to see where the future takes us and I don't want this to be something that holds us back. If Devin or any of the others come this way, as you say, we will deal with it at that time and then move forward together."

Tuvoria then paused and rubbed his chin just a bit.

"I believe in talking with Gawain and in what i vaguely remember there is indeed an ocean north of here. I want to believe that it is a good day or day and a half's journey my love. We could head there if you want. However I believe the Queen's coronation ceremony is quickly approaching. I do know of some place closer we can go for a swim. At the base of the large hill that Gawain told us about, there is a large stream that is backed up and flows along the meadow. It is a beautiful and quiet spot that i have used for swimming before."

Feeling much better, Tuvoria turns so that he is facing Wyllow, smiles a broad smile, and then gives her a deep and passionate kiss.

"If you are up to it my dear, let's head back to my place and get a few things. I still have an unopened bottle of wine and we have all those left overs. Lets make a picnic basket and head out to the pond by the meadow. Perhaps after Victorious' Coronation we can take a vacation, head up to the ocean, and then travel over to pay a visit to Gawain in Paz. What do you say beautiful?"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She smiled at him, as he was ever so thoughtful. She knew that he would have a more suitable and sensible idea. 'I think that is a good idea. Yes, lets do that. It is closer and I believe a much better choice.' His kiss then, nearly swept her off her feet. It was deep and sweet.. passionate and made her heart leap. When it ended, it left her dazed a little, but in a way that she viewed as being absolutely delightful.

She listened then about traveling and it sounded so delightful. 'I wish I could go right now, but.. timing is off for me to take a holiday.' She smiled at him, hoping that it took the sting away. 'However, once I am able, I would be delighted to go see Gawain. I even hear there is a beach there!' She wasn't certain what kind of beach... but she had heard of it somewhere.

'Lets make plans for it though. Definitely.' She smiled to him again. 'For now, lets go get that picnic and go for a swim. It is too lovely of a day to waste.' She felt like the dark fog that had surrounded them had lifted suddenly.. and a few sun rays was filtering in around them.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"Indeed my love, indeed. Let's head back to my place real quick and grab what we need."

Tuvoria then turns, places his hand in Wyllow's and begins to head towards his house.

"Do you want to head straight out to the swimming pond or do you need to run by your place first? It makes no difference to me, I'm just excited about the prospect of spending this wonderful day with you and away from the hustle and bustle of the town."