The Elf of a Land from Far Far Far Far Away

Moderator: Community Team

Drydan

Re: The Elf of a Land from Far Far Far Far Away

Post by Drydan »

After a long few days of sorting out books, scrolls and manuals on the shelves, Drydan felt much better for those to be on shelves and safe too. However, the library, he had set a spell to protect these materials from being taken out without his knowledge. Next step is to start putting together the house with furniture. He sighed wishes that he had someone right next to him helping him with the furniture as he has not heard from her in a long while. He wondered what she has been doing. He finally sat down at the library table looking at the fireplace into the fire thinking and pondering. What is he going to do? He felt empty these days. He is happy where he is right now but at the same time is not happy within himself. Oh soon Teide would want to come here look at these books, manuals and scrolls. He knew that they would be busy with what they have been researching in the Tavern on some nights. However, Oh yeah he should contact Teide to let her know. So he gets up and goes to get a scroll, ink and quill then begins writing a letter to Teide. In the middle of writing the letter to Teide, he stops and pauses to think about what to do with his life.
Teide

Post by Teide »

The fine thick card in her hands folded open easily. Written in a light elven cursive she could recognize an edge to the font. Only one hand she wrote so boldly with such a light ink. Her curious eyes scanned over the address and took it to heart. With a smile curling over her heart-shaped face, she replaced the card back in it's meticulously chosen envelope. It was very like him to see to every detail. Tucking the letter back in the pages of the book she was reading gently, Teide did not hesitate on the next step. She took swiftly her enchanted 'bag of horrors' as others had dubbed it, to the library. This was not just any library though. For Teide had an unorthodox system to keeping her achieves. She scattered it throughout several locations, some as far as Bravia Capital. This particular library though was behind a cleared out bandit cave and down a very narrow and long secret passage way. Once through that tunnel you could stroll past a nest of giant frostbite spiders and into another secret passage in a burial urn. It plunged into an underground waterway and once at the shore was a very pleasant library conventionally lit by the soothing blue glow of large clusters of fungus. It worked quite well. She selected several volumes she thought would be very useful or intriguing and placed them in her bag.

Teide paused to make a check list of the items and tomes she might need for this amount of research and make notes of several other libraries she might need to visit if they crossed any of the aforementioned topics. It seemed strange but Teide was a great collector of old secrets...and many people might wish to use her uncanny knowledge on a variety of subjects. Yet like any scholar...she liked to keep her secrets. Every library purposefully in chaos so one any one topic if an intruder found any of the places they would only have one piece to a very large puzzle. Only she knew where to get the whole picture. She was a Master Sorceress. Knowledge was power. Sure of her position and what she may need she snapped her fingers and appeared in-front of Drydan's house, instead of a dark cave under Widu. She took in it's rather curious appearance sure this house had not always been here..had it? How curious. She presumed to knock at his door.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

Ever since he wrote the letter to Teide which by the way he did indeed finish it, he spent those days keeping himself busy adding furniture to the rooms in the house and other items as well. One day he was working in the library as he was not all the way finished, he was painting on his canvases from the pictures he had been drawing. These canvases would be put up on the walls in the library...since it held so much history of his life, family, friends and so on. He heard a knock coming from the front door which was three rooms from the library as Elves have very good hearing to hear such things. He set down his paint brushes and went to the door. Upon opening the door was Teide. Oh yes finally they were going to do some work. He loved to learn something...it did not matter what subject it was as long as he could learn. He bows his head as he knew Teide did not have to travel but just appear in front of his home. Of course, Teide, knew how to do that which did not surprised him at all. He spoke in Elven language.

Anaewa, sa omealw, tycaillaa we nyesa el. Ama lairilcc favel eym amemn elnya ilvilel anirilan ama irilela laanilmanaw anevaaniram.

He steps aside to allow her enter his home.

Teide, my friend, please do come in. We shall begin our work once again that we have started together.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide smiled at him but her heart was not light. She hoped that in study she could bury herself away from the distractions of the world and welcomed a companion in the endeavor. The eagerness in his eyes was a comfort and a blessing at a time when she felt a keen lacking. She came inside and looked around the first room. It was a big house and quite ornate....so unlike her simple chalet but that was fine. She preferred her holes and small home to such big houses and manors....some preferred a lot of room and she smelled dust....layers of it. There much be books in every room. That was exciting.

"You could show me your lovely home then we can start on your mother's scrolls?" she replied in the common though she understood him and patted the particular book in her hand. A simple black velvet covered book bound with sinew. It was a Mordhelic to Secfenian common. Teide understood a bit of the slyvan tongue but not enough to respond properly. She failed in that respect. Prehaps because Slyvan elves did not tend to like her either as a halfbreed or as a dark elf. No matter if she was with elves or humans....she was never enough of either to satisfy. Her Zunian blood and Mordhelic blood made her an outcast to either sect. So she tended to know enough to understand so she could catch insults for the most part. It was a relief to her when Drydan did not regard her with the usual prejudice, disdain or loftiness so common to his highborn cousins the moon elves or high elves.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

Drydan nods his head...led her around his house before leading her to the library. It took awhile once they were done with the tour....he led her to the library showing all the scrolls, books and manuals which included 2 more tomes for magic spells.

Irama ela anira selaan estyemanillan mees el anirela ireylaa oem aey illw E. Feenla, Lanymeccla, Sillyilcla, Silveny Anesala...lae silla eanasla ane ve anirmeyvir ane oelw sema eo eym Seaniramla...silnala sa amelwam amirilan a'ilnyanca amilla laira....laira ceenaw cena il Irevir Aco, Seel Aco fyan laira amilla lean ela eo aniras...laira nyilsa omes anira Acelala anirilan selaan eo anira Irevir em Seel Acelala irilela nyesa ane irilana....Wilmn Acelala em amireaelam aniraa amama. But nevertheless, shall we begin our research? Oh yes, that reminds me, you might seen little notes that could be of importance. Please, feel free to examine them this room is safe no need to worry about anything. It is protected by a spell only certain ones are allowed to enter and exit.

He knew who they were....Teide is one of them...the others...Ava and Corrie if they do visit one day. He sighed thinking where to start..ah yes...the scrolls...He took a bunch of the scrolls carefully taking the scrolls to a very large table which sat in the middle of the library. The large table is perfect for doing research so that you or whoever can spread their own research on the table the way they want to. He took a chair then remembered his other papers he left in his sack with a book. He goes to his sack which sat in the corner of the library...retrieved his book along with parchments of information that he and Teide have already looked then came back to the table setting the research items on the table. He took a blank parchment and quill which was in the middle of the table for writing down important information that could contain valuable information for him and Teide. He started scanning the scrolls he took from the shelf where they were at. He spoke while scanning.

There is a quill and parchment if you need anything to write down information that is of importance. *points to the quills and parchments..ink were next to the quills* Feel free to use them.

One thing, he hopes that they will be able to uncover the mysteries of their mothers. It was important for him to find out what exactly she was.

(Here is the most important room in this house for you and I. Books, Scrolls, Manuals, Magic Tomes...so many items to go through to find more of our Mothers...makes me wonder what exactly was she....she looked like a High Elf, Moon Elf but she was not one of them...she came from the Elves that most of the High or Moon Elves have come to hate....Dark Elves or whoever they were.)

Edited: to add the other language for the reader to read and understand what it says in Elven Language.)
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He was happy that Ava would love to see his house but he will surprise her when he speaks of the Library being Magical. He led her to the side to where the library is. They stopped to the door ...he tried to open it but it would not budge.

I have no key to this door so it has to be open in a special way.

He chant out a spell lightly and suddenly the door opens by itself.

The library is magical. Come in.

They both stepped in as soon as they entered the library the door closed behind them locking the door from intruders. He showed her the books, manuals and scrolls that he has stored on the bookshelves. He looked at the table seeing it messy and his face became hot as he was embarrassed to leave the table messy. He had been doing research.

I am sorry for the messy table full of manuals, books and scrolls. I have been doing research. Shall we move on to the next room?

*continuation from Ava's thread How do you say....Goodbye? since we are entering my house*
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava cocks an eyebrow when he says he has no key to this door. But a few soft spoken words from him reveals that indeed he does have a key. The door opens with no assist from either of them, and softly closes behind them after they enter. Ava turns when she hears the clicking of the lock and gets an ever so brief feeling of unease, as she does not like being trapped. But as quickly as that feeling came to her, it leaves just as quickly.

Ava turns back to look around the room. Well placed candles and a lantern on the desk illuminate the room with a soft yet sufficient glow. She keeps her hands comfortably tucked in her pockets as she peruses the books and scrolls on the shelves. A little smile crosses her face when he apologizes for the mess on his desk.

"Don't worry about that. It just means you have been hard at work and there is nothing wrong with that. If you saw my desk you would think yours looks neat and tidy." She giggles and winks at him with these words. His invitation to see other rooms is also met with a smile.

"I thought you'd never ask. Yes, I would love to see the rest of your house. What I have seen already is beautiful." With that said she smiles and waits for him to lead the way.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He nods his head...takes her hand and leads her to the next room which was the living room... at this point there was nothing there except a spot where he could sit down and relax. Walls were bare waiting for those paintings to be finished so he could hang them on the walls.

This is going to be the living room as you can see not much here yet except that spot near the fireplace and the window. I am trying to get my paintings on Canvases so some of them cane be hung on the walls.

He led her to the next room which was a smaller room filled with his art equipment and easels. He pointed to one of the easels as it was partial finished.

Art room....of course you can see that with all the Art supplies laying about.

He chuckled lightly.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava smiles as he takes her hand and lets him lead her to the next room. A room clearly in need of furnishings but still she is appreciative of the architecture. There is ample room for the paintings he says he wish to hang and her mind goes into interior decor mode. The potential is endless, and even empty it feels cozy.

Next is clearly his art studio with a work in progress on an easel. "You have done a very good job in designing this home, Drydan. I can barely wait to see the rest of this place. My mind is going crazy with decor ideas. Show me more?"
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He smiles as she wanted to see more so he led her back through the living room into the kitchen but just as they entered the room and off to the right is the stairs that led up to the second floor and on the other side of the stairs is a large kitchen that led to the dining area. There were Elfish designs in the kitchen with plenty of shelving for dishes and cookware.

This is the kitchen and that way through the doorway is the dining area. As you can see there are Elfish designs and plenty of shelves.

He waited for her to look around and take in the view.

When you are ready, I will lead you to the dining area. It is quite interesting.