The Elf of a Land from Far Far Far Far Away

Moderator: Community Team

Ava

Re: The Elf of a Land from Far Far Far Far Away

Post by Ava »

Ava followed along with him and soon they came upon a view that takes her breath away. The way the sun light flickered and glistened on the water like tiny dancing jewels was simply mesmerizing. Her eyes got big taking in as much of the details as she could before the sun disappeared completely. It was magical. She wonders how many people pass by this place or other places like this one and never truly see the beauty before them.

He tells of how he found the place and smiles, and then he suggests that he swims here in the summer. Though this time of year the water is beautiful to look at but she'd rather not submerge in it. They go closer to the water's edge and she can see the various fish darting to and fro beneath the surface, thoroughly enjoying their swim and wonders if they are aware of the beauty all around them.

As he snugs her closer Ava looks up at him and speaks to him softly. "Thank you for bringing me here. I've seen pretty waterfalls before but this is stunning....the perfect time of day to truly appreciate the magic of this place." She leans back against him standing still as if to not disturb the scene before her eyes.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

They stood there until it was just dusk just enough light to head back up the hill. He took her hand and quickly showed her the berries off to the corner.

I am not sure if you are able to see some of the berries but this is where the berries are. Different kinds too. Well, I think we do need to get up the hill since it is getting darker down her. Not that I want to go well I can stay here in the dark and still be able to see things move or see where I go but I am more concerned of safety for you going up the hill as it is your first time down here.

He looks in her eyes as he could see then sparkle in the dusk and smiles as he waits for her response.
Ava

Post by Ava »

They turn to go back up the hill when he points out where the berry bushes are. Of course she can't see them in the dark. Then a word about her safety in the dark touches her heart. He's looking out for her as a man should....but the independent rebel in her grins. She had taken note of the terrain when there was still light enough to see and knew she'd be fine getting back up in the dark.

The grin on her face grows a bit as she replies. "That is very sweet of you to be concerned for my safety, love, but.............RACE YOU!!" Like a streak of lightening with the grace of a gazelle, she took off up the hill and made it to the top just fine, then turns to see where he is with a big smile on her face.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He knew what she was going to do but let her win once they got up the hill...he slips his arms around her looking down into her eyes laughing. However, he turned back looking down, they still could see the sparkles from the waterfall after a bit, he turned to her.

My dear, is there any other place you wish to go? It is just a wonderful evening not to go to waste.

He smiles as this day has been one wonderful day and evening. He reached up caresses her cheek just enjoying the moment as he waits for her to respond.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava softly yelps as she turns around and he is right there behind her...but makes no move to avoid being in his embrace. Her hands come to rest on his chest as she gazes up into his eyes. The moon leaving a half haloed, half shadowed glow of mystery around his face. A quiet question is asked of her and then she leans her cheek into his soft caress. Going home is the last thing on her mind, but being new to Widu she doesn't really know how to answer him. Finally she comes to a decision with a soft smile.

"I don't care where we go as long as we go there together. Maybe a walk around Widu?? I am sure there is much to be discovered...don't you agree??" She lingers in his embrace...her gaze drifting from his eyes to his lips and back again in the early fall cool night air.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

Walking around Widu...sounds like a great idea...perhaps the Castle somewhere around here as he tries to remember where it is as they are pretty far west of it and was it to the south or the north. Or maybe see some old statues and buildings after hearing about some war that took place around here. He often wondered what went on.

That sounds like a great idea...Maybe we will find some building that is old or even statues...Wait the Castle...have you been to the Castle...I know it is east of here but is it North or South...ah we will find it it could be right in the middle. Sure let's walk around and see what we can find that could be useful to us or even learn about Widu.

He smiles then offered his arms to her so they could go walking around and explore. The moon is perfect as they could see the buildings from where they were standing.

Shall we?
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava can't stop the little giggle as he rattles on and on. She was beginning to wonder if he would ever get around to giving her an answer or just keep talking. Finally he does offer her his arm. With a soft smile she loops her hand through the crook of his arm.

"Yes, we shall," was all she could get out before the giggles came full on. Walking beside him in the early fall coolness of the evening felt good to Ava. She hasn't been this relaxed in a very long time...and then her inner demons flare up and she starts doubting herself again. With a shake of her head she shoves those thoughts to the back of her mind once more. She wonders if she will ever be free of those feelings. It has been a long hard road to this point. Having it easy with Drydan is out of the ordinary and unfamiliar to her.

Ava looks up at Drydan's face in the shimmering moon light and can't help but softly smile. For whatever reasons the gods guided their paths to cross...somehow she will win over her inner demons and put them to rest once and for all. That is the feeling she gets every single time she looks at him.

Most of the houses are in shadow but many look interesting. There are even a few abandoned houses that look kind of spooky in the dark. Ava thinks it would be fun to come investigate them sometime during the day when there is at least sunlight filtering in. For now she is content to walk along pointing out things she sees making quiet comments once in awhile. If this evening never ended she would be happy, but knows that eventually.......
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

Was she teasing him because he was rattling on? Or was there something on him? He laughed along with her. So finally off they went. They saw shadows of building that could spook some creatures but him No....he has seen too many of them throughout his life when he faced different Creatures in war back in his homeland.

For him, all he wanted to do is to be able to settle down with someone who he loves and hopes that will happen. He thought back in his homeland...he could not settle in back there because he had so many duties and travels. But now that his homeland is no more....now he could settle in with hopes that he has.

While they walk, he could her Ava making comments and see her pointing buildings...all he could do was smile and enjoy their walk around town just them two. But at some point of their walk he saw a bench with some light and pointed out to Ava to see if she would like to sit for a spell.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava was so lost in her own thoughts about the city of Widu that she lost all track of time. Had the walked for moments? Hours? She really didn't know, nor did she care. This time with him is good for her. Helping her to keep her inner demons shoved to the back of her mind. Maybe this time will be the one that does not fail.

He indicates a park bench and with a smile she nods and makes herself comfortable then waits for him to sit. Once he is seated she leans against him in the cool, quiet night. Drawing her cloak a little more snug around her she smiles up at him. "Thank you, Drydan."
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

As soon as he sat down next to Ava, she leaned against him so he put his arm around her keeping her warm. Feeling the cool air against his face brought some memories of the cool air from his homeland. He was used to it as his body does not react to the cool air it was like his body warms up to the cool or even the cold air hence sending out warm heat to whoever was near him in this case Ava which she would be very warm as she is leaning against him.

This night has been one great night so peaceful and quiet, just having a good moment creating new memories not just himself but Ava too. They were creating new memories together as well. One small stepping stone into one giant leap as he thought. He heard her say thank you and smiles. He leaned in kisses her lips softly and whispered.

You're welcome...and thank you too. This night has been magical. I never thought it would turn out wonderful. I wish I could have been settled in back in my homeland but I was never able to. And now, this is my opportunity, to be able to settle down for once.

He reaches up caresses her cheek