[IRP] From over the Eastern Horizon...

Moderator: Community Team

Arduwan

Re: [IRP] From over the Eastern Horizon...

Post by Arduwan »

Arduwan searched around the rocky formation. The tracks seemed to stop in front of the rocks. "it's almost as if they walked right through the rocks...." He shook his head. That was as stupid as saying they flew off on magical wings. He laughed and looked up. "Now that would be a sight." He knelt down to look at a new set of tracks. Another foot print...a woman had been standing here barefooted. It seemed so out of place and his mind wandered back to the shapeshifting woman. A faint sweet scent filled his nostrils again. One he knew too well. The hunted female! She was close he knew it. Closing his eyes he sniffed the air. very closeby...
Suddenly he could hear muffled sounds of people talking. Two women. and it sounded as if it came from inside the rocks. But that was just crazy! Then he saw a hand coming out of the wall and in shock he jumped back. He rubbed his eyes and when he looked again the hand was gone.
Was he going insane? He walked over to where the hand had come out and put his hand against the wall. It went right through it! The two women had stopped talking the minute he had put his hand through the wall and he could hear a growl, growing louder by the second. He quickly pulled his hand back and grabbed an arrow from his quiver readying his bow, taking steps back till he back hit the nearest tree. "Come out and face me...Nadorhuanrim!" He grinned and the blood pumped through his body. He would soon find out if the stories were indeed true.
Qyanna

Post by Qyanna »

"It approaches!" she hissed, as Bahar waved her hand through the rock illusion. She could hear the soft crumbling of footsteps on pebbles as the stranger came closer. The wolves hackles all went up as a low growl rumbled through the small cavern, raising goosebumps on Qyanna's skin. They sensed a kill was near. Suddenly, a hand burst through the image covering the entrance. Qyanna gasped and fell back, her body automatically taking wolf shape as her heart thudded at the near danger. She growled with the pack as a voice called out from outside, "Come out and face me...Nadorhuanrim!"

What strange language is that? Qyanna wondered as she dug her claws into the loose rock of the cave floor. She was preparing to launch herself outside to attack the predator, but a second thought crossed the back of her mind. Turning to look at Bahar, she wondered if the woman's magic could be more useful than an all-out assault. Gently, she thrust her nose under Bahar's palm, then pointed a paw at the cave entrance.
Bahar_Vahra

Post by Bahar_Vahra »

Glancing at the cave opening Bahar rose to stand, letting the fur draped around her drop to the ground with a heavy flop, as she walked forward to stop right before the crest of the glamour that obscured the entrance. She turned her head to look at Qyanna and said, "Instruct your friends to not move a muscle, as it with break the shroud I cast upon them, and the same goes for you too.."

Sweeping her hand in front of the shapeshifter and her animal friends she wove the cast, "Desh na'tal ì vaereen.."

Bahar watched as the lot of them faded into thin air, covered by a shroud of invisibility, and turned her attention back to the illusion of a cave wall in front of her. Snapping her fingers it rippled like a freshly chilled jelly before collapsing into nothingness, leaving her starring at a cloaked man with a pulled bow crouched several meters away.

"You want to hunt, man creature?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she brushed her finger through her long golden-bronze hair. "Then let us play..."

Twirling in the sideward motion she seemed to unfold into copies of herself... One.. Two.. Three... until there were four exactly identical Bahar's dancing before the man in an exotic and hypnotic fashion.

Sssshhhhhhhheeeeeoooooo!

His arrow loosed, zipping through the air at an untrackable velocity, hitting one of the middle replicas. It snapped out of existence, leaving the three others to dance as they started towards him. "Three left... care to try again, Man creature?" they taunted in unison.

Sssssshhhhhheeeeeeooooo!

Another replica vanished as a second arrow struck its target. "Only two left...." the remaining figures chimed together as they closed the distance between them and the hunter even more.

"Or are there..." a voice from behind the man whispered in his ear.

Bahar casually walked into his view from behind him as the two replicas of herself disappeared. She looked him over appraisingly, unbothered that he held his bow and arrow at the ready, as her binding spell was well in effect. "A pack of wolves.... a party of hunters... Those in large numbers are what i have to fear.... But a lone man?" she laughed lightly as she looked into his eyes. "A lone man is little match for the Bahar Vahra.."

She nodded at the cave, signaling to Qyanna that it was safe now, before turning her attention back to the man. She gently removed the arrow from his fingers and draw string, casting it to the ground before plucking the bow itself out of his grasp. "Fine workmanship.." she commented, tossing it to the dirt.

Leaning her face in, she smelled at his neck, running a hand down the front of his heavy tunic to feel his chest above his heart. Her eyes widened with surprise as she backed away a few steps. "He's an elf... or at least part one..."
Arduwan

Post by Arduwan »

He crouched, steadying his breath, his eyes and ears focused on what was bound to happen next. The rocky wall rippled and vanished and he aimed his bow at the now visible cave entrance. Suddenly a young woman dressed in animal furs walked out. He got up from his crouching position, lowering his bow and tilting his head as he looked at her. Was she the one who had been hunted by the wild ones? Or was she the shapeshifting creature from the old tales...? She didn't look too dangerous to him but his experience had learned him that looks could deceive and that it was always wise to be cautious. He was about to open his mouth to ask her who she was but the look in her eyes stopped him.

"You want to hunt, man creature? Then let us play..."

The woman twirled sideways and she seemed to duplicate herself into...3 copies of herself. He raised his eyebrows, his eyes wide in shock.

"Ed' i'ear ar' elenea!" he murmered and frowned a the four identical women danced in front of him. "You won't get me Sorceres..."

He aimed his bow at one of the middle replicas not knowing who the real one was. He didn't really want to kill the woman for that he was very intrigued by her but...his hands moved as if he was controlled by some force or perhaps he only acted by instinct...he didn't know.
Releasing the arrow he watched it fly through the air and grinned as it hit the middle one. His grin soon faded as his target vanished, dropping the arrow on the ground. With a look of disbelieve he glanced at the other three. Wrong one...

"Three left... care to try again, Man creature?"

They taunted in unison as the danced their little dance and moved towards him. Quickly he grabbed another arrow from his quiver and aimed at the woman on the right. He cursed under his breath as his arrow hit the target and again it vanished, dropping the arrow.

"Only two left...."
The two identical women came even closer and his heart pounded heavily in his chest. He had expected a fight but this....He wouldn't have minded if that pack of direwolves had attacked him instead of this...woman.
"Or are there..." Someone whispered in his ear and he tried to turn his head to see who it was but nothing happened. He tried to move his arm. Nothing. Even his mouth didn't seem to work. He was powerless, standing there, bow drawn, completely still like a statue. The two replicas disapeared and the real witch walked from behind him looking him over with a faint smile on her face. His eyes followed her every move. If only i could.... again he tried to move but her spell worked perfectly.

"A pack of wolves.... a party of hunters... Those in large numbers are what i have to fear.... But a lone man?" She laughed a laugh that sounded like little bells in light wind.

"A lone man is little match for the Bahar Vahra.." He looked back into her eyes. Those eyes who told him so much more and yet held mystery in them. Who are you? his eyes tried to say what his mouth couldn't. She nodded towards the cave and he could see the pack of direwolves cautiously walking out the entrance. Still wondering what she planned to do with him he could feel her removing the arrow from his bow and later his bow from his hands.
"Fine workmanship.." She said and then tossed them on the ground casually.
His gaze darkened hoping she would see how he felt about the compliment followed by the insult.
She leaned her face in and smelled his neck, her hands on his chest. Her sweet scent filled his nostrils, making him almost forget about her binding spell. Almost...
"He's an elf... or at least part one..." her voice sounding surprised as she backed away from him. He couldn't help but smile inwardly. Thank the High Lady she didn't took me for an orc or troll...
He watched the woman turn towards the pack gathering behind her. The only thing he COULD do, watch and wait. He wasn't afraid and if he was he wouldn't let them notice it. He looked at them with a look that stated: Let's get this over with...
Qyanna

Post by Qyanna »

Qyanna froze as the spell took effect, falling over her like a heavy blanket. She watched, dazzled, as the many copies of Bahar danced around the archer that was now revealed. He shot mechanically at the images, which disappeared one by one. The magic was making her nose itch. She twitched her snout, trying not to move and hoping that Bahar would be done taunting the man soon so she could move again. At last she nodded at the cave, and Qyanna stepped forward tentatively, the other wolves trailing behind her. AAACHOOOO! She sneezed, falling out of her wolf form and landing on her naked human butt in the freezing snow.

"Ahhhhh!" she breathed, scratching her nose. "So itchy!" She heaved herself up off the ground and turned to grab the fur she had dropped on the cave floor. Wrapping it around her shoulders, she trotted down the path to meet Bahar and the stranger. He really didn't look so intimidating, now that she saw him. He was examining the two women apprehensively with a look of resignation.

Bahar sniffed him and looked back at Qyanna. "He's an elf... or at least part one..." she said, backing away from the man.

Qyanna approached to give her own examination, staring wide-eyed at the man's face. He certainly didn't look like an elf, but Qyanna could smell that distinct odor as well as Bahar. He smelled of the forest itself, of leaves and wood and hidden streams. She inhaled deeply and smiled at the man. "There is nothing to fear from elves, then," she said decisively, looking back at Bahar. "Though I wonder why this one is all alone. Elves are rarely by themselves," she mused, looking warily around at the surrounding forest. She didn't hear anything, and the wolves who now surrounded the trio seemed calm, too. "Let him go so we can ask him why," she suggested.
Bahar_Vahra

Post by Bahar_Vahra »

"Let him go so we can ask him why," Qyanna suggested as Bahar crouched, staring at the half elf with desire and curiosity in her eyes, as her mind tried to answer a lingering question... Could his half elf blood be strong enough for the creation of a dra'gorgos?...

"Let him go?" she questioned the shapeshifter mildly, "Why?... He came here to hunt you, no?" The word he had used resurfaced in her mind... Nadorhuanrim..

Moving forward, Bahar opened the half elf's cloak and began searching his person for more weapons, finding a beautifully crafted dagger at his hip and another smaller one in his boot. Leaning towards a very human looking ear she whispered, "Try anything, half breed... and your body shall be torn to pieces and fed to the wolves..."

With his bow, quiver, and daggers all collected Bahar stood and stepped back, releasing the man from the grips of her binding spell.
Arduwan

Post by Arduwan »

He followed the conversation between the two women with slight amusement. Getting more and more confused and intrigued at the same time. A witch and a shapeshifter...what a lovely pair. He had seen the shapeshifter change from her wolf form into....the form of a beautiful woman who quickly had grabbed a piece of fur to cover her naked self. So the tales were true! He sighed relieved when she said to let him go, his eyes turned towards the witch looking expectantly. She moved towards him, her hands opening his cloak and ran quickly over his tunic. Her touch not an unpleasant one. At least not as he had expected.
She searched him thoroughly for any other weapons he could be carrying. Always be cautious...

"Try anything, half breed... and your body shall be torn to pieces and fed to the wolves..."

Taking his two daggers from his belt and boot, together with his bow and quiver
she stepped back releasing him from her spell.
He fell down on one knee, his head faced to the ground."Truly...i wouldn't dare to try something besides..." He lifted his head and looked into her eyes. "...You disarmed me..." Getting up from the ground , he stretched and flexed his arms and legs to get the stiffness out of his muscles.

"To be honest...Have you searched me well enough to be certain I carry no more daggers? Who knows maybe I could have concealed a dangerous weapon in my leggings..."

He raised his eyebrow and smirked playfully. Seeing the expression change on her face he laughed a little. I guess the ice is broken. He wanted to show them that he meant them no real harm. Especially now he had seen who and what he was up against. He turned towards the other woman and bowed, his right fist on his chest.

"Arwen en amin...My Lady...Saesa omentien lle...A pleasure meeting you...No it is truly an honor. My name is Arduwan and I am indeed Elandili or...Half Elf. I hail from the Northern woodlands from the Mélad'rhim tribe. Believe me Arwen en amin when I say that I didn't mean any harm..."

He raised his head with a warm smile and hopeful eyes.
Qyanna

Post by Qyanna »

"Hunt me? Elves don't hunt humans unless they've hurt them somehow. I haven't hurt any elves, have I elf-man?" she asked, turning to the man who had now dropped free of the spell and fallen to his knee.

He rose, introducing himself with dramatic gallantry. Qyanna raised an eyebrow at the man, tilting her head with a confused look. She didn't understand any of the garble that had emerged from his mouth, but it seemed like he was trying to be friendly. "What are you doing out here by yourself, hunting poor innocent women?" she asked, her dark eyes sparkling as she watched his face closely. She moved closer with a sadistic smile. "I don't take kindly to hunters..." she said, shifting her fingers to tiger claws and flashing them before the elf's face.