Widu - Motto, Theme Song, Crest, and Map

Moderator: Community Team

Calysta

Widu - Motto, Theme Song, Crest, and Map

Post by Calysta »

Announcement to Widu Citizens

Dear Citizens of Widu, the current Town Council has been working on a few things regarding Widu, and we'd like to include all the citizens of Widu in the discussions regarding the Town Motto, the Town Theme Song, the Town Crest, and The Town Map.

Below are some suggestions for the Motto, Theme Song, and Crest. The original suggestions come from Town Councilors, but everyone is encouraged to add their thoughts as well. The suggestions from Town Councilors are merely placed here to inform the citizens of what we discussed. It doesn't make an endorsement of Town Council on any of the suggestions. Eventually, we will have a town vote, which includes all citizens, on which Motto, Theme Song, and Crest we will pick.

Suggested Town Mottos
Reaver_Silverstone wrote:The sun is an orange because its round and orange
Reaver_Silverstone wrote:In Oranges we owe our lives to !
Baby wrote: Orange you glad you're in Widu?
Suggested Town Theme Songs

For the theme song, please feel free to offer a song that has already been written or write an original song on your own.
Reaver_Silverstone wrote:Vergen by Night
Wyllow wrote:a song about oranges.
Baby wrote:a funny theme song.
Town Crests
Nahren wrote:Widu had a forest before it had a orchard, oranges are newcomers and usurpers :P
The above referenced quote from Nahren resulted in an impromptu discussion on a town crest.

Suggestions
Reaver_Silverstone wrote:Maybe our town crest should be a happy wood log getting squashed by an evil orange ^_^
Tana wrote:Image
Drydan wrote:I Love that look of the orange...and at the end of that bashing of the wood have it say BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA in an evil tone .
Tana wrote:Evil Orange squashing (or is it squishing?) a frowning piece of cut wood.
Tana wrote:Giant Evil Orange falling from sky to squash a forest.
Map
For the map, the Town Council would like anyone to add anything we might have missed to go into the creation of the town map. Currently we have that there are two walls. An old one. Then after becoming the capitol, a second wall built outside the old wall and around all the new additions to the town - now city - of Widu.

Inside the old walls:
Basilica with Cemetery Attached, Tavern, Market, Workshops, Apartments over Workshops, Municipal Courthouse, Municipal Jail, Town Square, Ampitheatre, and Park, Gallows, Stocks.

In side the new walls but outside the old:
Castle, Arena, Barracks, University, VR Courthouse, VR Jail / Dungeon, The Hall of Heroes, Perhaps also a new market and workshop area?

Outside walls:
Graveyard, Caravan, Orchard, Flea Market, Fields, Farm Houses, & A forest on the far edge of the map (the parts of it closer to town, having trees chopped down to show we chopped away our forest :o & replaced it with an orange orchard :p)

There's also a River - Perhaps coming from outside the walls but cutting through a piece of the city?
Last edited by Calysta on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlet

Re: Widu - Motto, Theme Song, Crest, and Map

Post by Scarlet »

Widu has a town crest already .....

Otherwise I am working on maps if one is needed to be formally drawn.
Reaver_Silverstone

Post by Reaver_Silverstone »

We're no longer a wood cutting town however.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

A lot of the CoA's don't seem to match up exactly to town production. Maybe there was a giant that liked to chop down Orange trees but now they came back? Just an idea. Or don't need to listen to me I was just trying to be helpful sometimes it doesn't work.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Scarlet, thanks for bringing the town crest to our attention. I can promise you that the town council is aware of its existence. We were only looking to update. I am sure Reaver's comment was not meant to be rude, but to explain why we were discussing the town crest.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Context can be everything... :?

Wyllow wrote:
I think the theme should aim towards Oranges.
Question asked in reply:
So you want a theme song related to oranges ???
Wyllow wrote:
I thought it was meaning a theme when it came to the map. Sure.. a song about oranges... why not. lol
^^Was sure the song suggestion being about oranges wasn't to be taken seriously. :lol:

Wyllow wrote:
I was only thinking of our resource as a base for anything theme-ish.

Might be easier to split things up and ask for ideas , as a whole, this is quiet daunting to think on. Broken up, perhaps more ideas can come forth? (in the means of what people see the town having as layout.. or a theme... or a song that may fit and so on.)
Rnushka

Post by Rnushka »

Not really in the discussion on thus, but how's about some sort of suggestion of moving out of adversity... You know, how Kiene moved to Widu after that fall or whatever it was.

((Gah, wrong character... assume this was posted by Youken or the tone is totally wrong))
balerion

Post by balerion »

Some of us remember living in Widu as a wood town. The thought of changing the crest honestly makes me sad.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

It would be a vote, and one of the options would be to keep the crest.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

It would be very interesting to see a new design for new Widu with oranges incorporated. If a new and better one can be done that would be great and can be added to the history of the town. (Or Lore section)
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."