[CRP] Baptism of Derzis

Moderator: Community Team

Victorious

[CRP] Baptism of Derzis

Post by Victorious »

The Priestess was getting ready to baptize her Deacon Derzis. He has been a great asset for the Widu Basilica and he was happy to be baptized into the Order of Mucaz. She walked into the Basilica and was pleased that her steward had just finished cleaning the pews and fixing the windows. She smiled as she walked towards the altar. She placed the altar cloth on the altar as a sign of respect of holiness.

She then went into her chambers and changed into her Priestess clothing. She brought out the two tubes of liquid that was used for the baptism and walked back to the altar. She placed them in their setting and leaned her magic staff on the altar.

She knelt down on the kneeling bench and prayed that her soul would be cleansed. She also prayed for Derzis that he would be ready for the baptism. She finished her prayers and her heart felt much lighter and rose to her feet. She sent her steward to bring Derzis to the Basilca.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Derzis

Re: [CRP] Baptism of Derzis

Post by Derzis »

Standing face to face with the Widu Basilica, Derzis smiled. He had come a long way since his arrival in Secfenia. In a flash he pictured his path from Fenia, to Imperius, and finally to the Dark Temple of Widu. He started out with the desire to learn about the ways of the Dark and now he's been teaching them as a Deacon. He felt this baptism would bring him closer to achieving his goals, closer to spreading his dark side philosophy.
He was awakened from his light contemplation by Victorious' Steward who told him to go in. It was time for the baptism. Derzis nodded and followed the steward inside.
Seeing Victorious by the altar, he removed his bone helmet and bowed his head.

"Greetings Priestess." he said as he started walking slowly towards the altar.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

The Priestess smiled as she saw her Deacon enter the Basilica. "Greetings Derzis, it is so good to see you. I hope you are fairing well, Derzis. If you are ready to be baptized please stand in front of me."

This was a proud moment for her to baptize another follower of the Order of Mucaz. She waited him to stand before her before she did anything else.
Derzis

Post by Derzis »

"Indeed I am ready."

Derzis walked in front of the altar and the priestess and awaited further instructions.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious smiled at Derzis. She turned and bowed her head towards the altar and took the two vials for the baptism. One was a clear liquid and the other tube was a bubbling green liquid. Holding them in her hands, she turns toward her Deacon.

Derzis, In my hands, I have two potions. The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve.

The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right according to your alignment, and the promise of your vows.

These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction.

I give you your choice. Do not do it for family members past, friends, or even for present family members. Pick your potion for yourself and drink it.

She held the potions in front of him to decide which one he would choose.
Derzis

Post by Derzis »

Presented with the choice to drink one of the potions, Derzis pauses. He looks at each of the vials, and with a serious look about him he closes his eyes. He knew what he would have to choose. He knew that although that path might lead to hardship, it will also be the path that will lead him to victory.
Eyes still closed, he said:

"I always did like green beverages..." and he held out his hand to receive the bubbling green liquid.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious smiled at him and handed him the vial with the green liquid. She puts the white liquid back in its setting on the altar and picks up her magic staff and leans on it and watches it glow an illuminating green and can feel the green aura surround her for a moment while she waited for him to finish the vial "You have chosen wisely, Derzis."
Derzis

Post by Derzis »

Being given the green vial, Derzis exhales in a burst and drinks the potion. He then closes his eyes and waits patiently...
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious smiled as he drank the green potion and then took the vial. She then put the vial on the altar.

As she touched each of his shoulders with her glowing green staff, she announced "By the power of the Mages, I hereby declare you to be a follower of the faith. May your days be blessed and your path clear. You are also a special convert as you are one of a few of this new generation in this town to have taken this step. You will not be the last. May you serve the temple and the people well. Serve her well and she will give you bountiful children in the faith.

She then handed him the keys to the Order of Mucaz halls. "I welcome you to the Order of Mucaz."
Derzis

Post by Derzis »

"Thank you. I will do my best."

He then took the keys and put them in a pocket. He felt good, better, perhaps wiser.

"I will head over to the halls of the Order as soon as possible."