Market dumping

Moderator: Community Team

balerion

Market dumping

Post by balerion »

Several places have laws and regulations against market dumping. Is it not seen as a bad thing in Widu or has this not yet been addressed yet? I recently changed fields to address a shortage and now a foreigner comes through dumping 90 milk onto the market. The egg market has been similarly effected. Is this something people are ok with just for the lower prices?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Calysta

Re: Market dumping

Post by Calysta »

Baby considered ignoring the comments from Balerion, but decided to respond for the benefit of the other citizens. Still, she couldn't help but reply to Balerion with a peeved tone, "This is coming from the dragon that ran for mayor of Widu one week and attacked Widu the next. Do you even care about Widu?"

Baby turned her attention to any others who stopped to listen to the traitor. She had no qualms with them and so she stated with a clear, kind voice, "To answer Balerion's question - a dumping law is something town council is currently discussing. Anyone who has any thoughts for or against it or any suggestions is welcome to comment on the idea of a dumping law."
Silence

Post by Silence »

If we are short of a product, getting it cheaply from another source cannot be a bad thing. I don't see whee the problem is... If they can afford to sell it at that price, what's wrong with us doing so?
balerion

Post by balerion »

Of course I care about Widu, that doesn't mean I will act against my conscience to support an administration that attacks a peaceful kingdom. People calling people names is not an excuse to go to war.

Youken I have no issue with foreign purchases, I have traded my whole life. However if the market is constantly flooded with eggs for example local chicken farmers will not be able to compete well.
Shaker of Castles
Reaver_Silverstone

Post by Reaver_Silverstone »

"As Baby stated, the matter is already being dicussed. It started I think 4 days ago. However due to the time period (Christmas Holidays) this will take longer as a handful are much busier at this time. On a second note, you have your side of the story I have mine thus I won't comment on you aiding the Fenians." the Witcher pauses. "You will be notified once the Town council have all stated their opinions and suggestion on the matter if you would like to help please provide us some examples of Town dumping laws that would help speed up the process if all town councillors are for."
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Baby takes a piece of parchment and scribbles down what Balerion and Alder had to say. "Alright. I'll let town council know Balerion and Alder's opinions. If anyone else wants to speak, I'll add their opinions to be taken to town council."

(ooc: By Alder, Baby is referring to Youken)
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Yes, it is true. I brought this up for discussion not only or our TH but also for our VR to discuss. I am completely alright with an open market, however, Traders need to also respect our economy here. All traders should contact our Mayor, in my opinion, to be approved for the items they wish to toss onto our market. If we do not have an item, then they should be fine, it is when we have a bulk of items already on our market at fair value that our people are producing that there is an issue when an outsider dumps goods on our market at dirt cheap prices. It changes our market and reduces the health of our economy.

So until talks can finish about this, my advise as a town mentor: Do NOT support outside market dumping by buying their goods. Beware of anonymous goods upon the market as well. Soon enough they will take them elsewhere.

Do continue to discuss.. I believe the more we har from our citizens here, can help aid us in our discussions. And exactly, as has been suggested, what kind of law you think is fair to be put in place. Any ideas will always be looked at and taken into consideration.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Any person who desire to place x amount of items onto the market must first either contact the mayor for approval or already have found a buyer for said items.

I would think x should be somewhere between 20-50
Shaker of Castles
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Agreed, Balerion. As this is still a concern a month later, we need to make it clear that outside traders that are continuing to dump on our markets should have a buyer or be limited to the amount they can have on the market at a time.

I am leaning toward a max of 10, personally. Anything over that is really excess if we already have the item available from our own people.