The Arrival of Duncan Macloed

Moderator: Community Team

starlite271043

Re: The Arrival of Duncan Macloed

Post by starlite271043 »

She sat in the tavern a bit distraught and heard a voice whisper "Are you alright?" She turned towards the voice and it was the young man she remembered, Duncan. He was certainly looking a lot better but still not truly recovered.

"I saw you come in and you looked upset, I remember you from my past being a friend of Mother's." he said. "I know she spoke of you often. And of course, you were the lady who replenished my energy the other day. So I decided to see if I could help in any way."

She thanked him and told him no, there was nothing he could do. Her problem would resolve itself. She expected him to leave, but instead he stayed by her side for the rest of the evening. He chattted about harmless things and family. About how he had come home to find his family eradicated by war and other reasons.

She liked this gentle man, even though she knew he was a warrior, by nature he was gentle and kind. She had known him before he had gone away to fight. They had been happy, pleasant days, but they were gone now.

The following day again he sought her company in the tavern. She did not mind for it took her mind off her own problems and she enjoyed his company. He walked her to her door that night and asked if he could court her.She agreed.There was no-one else now. He seemed pleased at her answer and when they reached her door he said goodnight and went on his way.

[I have the player's permission to godmod him]
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

He was happy that he is courting this young beautiful lady named Star. He was feeling much better since the energy filled him. He started to think about the place he owns now. He had a monumental task of fixing and cleaning it up. While he was cleaning he had found a room with a few shelves filled with books. He noticed they were a variety of titles pertaining to magics, herbs and potions. One book caught his eye was the history of his family. He took the book out of its place and places it in his bag. He would read it when he is travelling from place to place.

This book is going to be interesting for me to look at. Oh I had forgotten that you were still here. *pulls out the book to show Star* This book I found in this library...wait a second come with me so I can show you.

He lead Star to the library and shows her the books that were left behind. He tells her that he remembers reading those books and informs her those were about Magics and different elements of Magic that he has held and still holds.

Anyways this book is different from all these books. It is my family history book.

He shows her the book who looks very interested in looking at the book.
starlite271043

Post by starlite271043 »

Starlite looks at the books with great interest. She studies the book Duncan holds out to her. "This is really interesting," she tells him," I believe you are going to get some surprises in here about the family. They can study this family one in the evenings when the main work of the day is through.

She takes a book at random from the shelves and exclaims in delight. "Duncan, this is a very rare book. We will find it of an enormous help to us in our studies. Duncan looked at her not sure which book to look at first. He wished he had several pairs of eyes to do just that but then realised he would be sharing with Starlite and was filled with delight. She was becoming very important to him he realised, and to have her near was more than he had hoped for.
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

He looked at her with a surprised look on his face when he heard that he had a rare book. He wondered what book it was. He dusted the book off and realized it is old.

I remember this book...my grandfather had this book not sure where it came from though. Yes I would love to read with you...erm

He blushes a little bit when he said that. He was very much attracted to her and she attracted him. He started to realize what kind of effect she had on him. He felt this feeling in him like excitement and butterflies in his stomach. Being near her was the best thing he ever gotten.

I believe that I will have many surprises in this family book that I have. Let's see.

He goes to the window and checks out of the window and sees it is getting dark. He thought what he should do now since she is here. He thought oh yeah we could look around the house for a room for her to spend the night at while he finds his own room as well.

Well Star it is getting dark...perhaps we could look around the house and find a room for you to spend the night while we look for mine?
starlite271043

Post by starlite271043 »

Starlite looks at him in surprise. She didn't expect hi to offer her to stay. Really though it was ideal because then they could
read through the books properly and she knew she could trust him.

They wandered in and out of rooms till they found one exactly right for her. It had every thing she wanted in her room, just like when she had beeen at home. They continued on till he chose one for himself and slowly went downstairs each deep in their own thoughts.

They wandered in to the kitchen and decided to prepare supper together before settling to study the books.
It was a very large room for a kitchen, but she supposed that once it was cleaned up and staff in place it would take on a more homely look.

They decided to eat in the study for it was warmer, so took their food etc. and wandered back. It was nice she thought to sit in front of the fire for their supper. She loved to look at the flames and see pictures there.

Later, she said to Duncan, "Shall we get one of the books to study." He was sat just looking at her with an odd look on his face.
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

They spent the next hour looking for rooms for them to sleep in. Star found what she wanted and he was happy and he found one just across from Star's room because of the same reasons as she had. It was time for dinner and they made dinner. He kept thinking of Star and how it was wonderful to have her in the kitchen helping out. It was a good feeling to have a such a beautiful lady in the house. He wondered what was going through her mind. They took their dinner in the study where there was a fireplace and it was lit from before when he first entered his house earlier the day

This is nice sitting in front of the fire enjoying the company of one another.

He was watching her...she was beautiful...there was something about her that attracted him to her. As they eat she spoke up and said if we could get one of the books and study.

Yes lets do that Star...how about that rare book you had mentioned earlier? I am curious what it is.
starlite271043

Post by starlite271043 »

Starlite knew the book he mentioned was indeed a very rare one. However she went and got the book for them to look at.
"Actually Duncan, what we have here is a book of the elements. It was thought lost long ago, so we are extremely lucky to find this. All the information you would have needed to learn from Adonair is in here, so if you wish to study it then we can both learn from it." she told him."I know there is much that I have to understand from this until we meet the offworlder. So until then this will be and excellent way to learn at least something ready for when we do."

Duncan looked at first very pleased to learn what it contained, unfortunately he wasn't so happy at the reminder that they had to go away. He knew this was going to happen but like most things we do not wish to know, he had put it at the back of his mind. Well, if it had to be then so be it.

He went and sat by Starlite to share the study of the book. She didn't know why, but this made her feel rather strange.
She was attracted to him but she felt as if butterflies had got inside her stomach.She tried to concentrate upon the book but it was quite difficult. After an hour she said "I think I will go to bed now, I cannot settle to it for now. Maybe tomorrow I will be better able to."
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

He knew that this book was something special but did not know how special until she told him. He frowned at the thought having to leave again just to train in magics but knew it was for the best. As they sat next to each other....he started to feel butterflies in his stomach and felt a warm feeling through his body. As they tried to concentrate to study....they could not and Star got up and said good night as she went to bed. After she went...he went to bed. The following morning he got up and made breakfast and took a tray up to her room and knocked on her door.

Star? Its breakfast time I have a tray for you and you can eat in your room.
starlite271043

Post by starlite271043 »

Starlite awoke to a knock on her door and at first didn't realise where she was. Then she remembered and called out "come in."
It was Duncan. He said "Star, it's breakfast time,so here's a tray, you can eat in bed."
She looked at him in wonder. No-one had ever given her breakfast in bed before. It was such a nice thing to do."Oh,thank you, Duncan. she said,"this is lovely."

He looked at her sat up in the bed and gulped. He had never seen her look so alluring to him, and felt a bit warm as his mind travelled along different pathways to breakfast.

She saw him looking at her intensely and flushed. She wasn't sure what to say. She pulled the covers up to her chin and stared at him over the top.
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

He entered the room and set her tray in front of her. He caught her beauty and started to feel butterflies in his stomach. One thing he did not realize was what she was wearing and blushed greatly. He saw her cover herself. He knew that he could not stay in the room long.

Umm...I am sorry...I did not know....well ummmm enjoy your breakfast and over there is where you can wash up when you are done with breakfast. I will be in the kitchen when you come down. Enjoy.

He looked at her once again walking backwards and bumped into the door. He blushed again and laughs then turned quickly and left the room. He went down to the kitchen thinking about the woman in that bedroom while eating his breakfast.