Life in the Woods [The Home of Tuvoria and Wyllow]

Moderator: Community Team

Tuvoria

Life in the Woods [The Home of Tuvoria and Wyllow]

Post by Tuvoria »

This is the woodland home of Tuvoria and Wyllow. Please feel to drop by and visit as you feel led.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Tuvoria

Re: Life in the Woods [The Home of Tuvoria and Wyllow]

Post by Tuvoria »

As Tuvoria rounded the trail and came to the clearing that marked the edge of his property his spirits lifted. It had been a long and tedious journey home since his marriage to Wyllow. A journey that had opened up knew knowledge, old wounds, and old traits that he had hoped where forgotten. The encounter with the Bloodclaws was not the life he wanted any more. His leg was still somewhat sore but he managed to hobble along with the help of Gawain and Merridoc. Tuvoria hurried on ahead to open the place up. As he did he called back over his shoulder to Gawain.

"Gawain welcome once again to my place. If you would can you and Merri place Wyllow in the main bedroom? I am going to step out and draw some water and then get a fire stoked for some tea. The leg is a bit stiff, but I need to move about. I must say this is not the how I imagined coming home.

Tuvoria set about as he had said then once the water was started came to Wyllow's side, moved some hair out of the way, gently kissed her and then as he stroked her head whispered:

"Welcome home to our place and our new life together my love. When you are ready we will gather things from your shack and then visit the Orange Blossom to check on your shop.
"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She gave a smile at his voice. She opened her eyes to see that she was once again in the same room she had been in what seemed not so long ago. In the time they had travel, she had fallen quite weak, but had begun to fell much better this morning. She sat up somewhat in bed and winced a little. She wasn't used to healing taking its time as it seemed was happening this time. At least she was now fully awake and less groggy as she had been. It was a strange place she had found herself in, in regards to her health and something else, though she wasn't quite sure about it all.

She looked about the room and smiled inwardly. The poor man takes care of me more than I have have for him. She said out loud to herself. With that, she felt a little bad. She hoped it wouldn't always be this kind of chaos. The sad part was.. that with her life, and his past life, it seemed bound to happen. She hoped they were strong enough to find a normal kind of happy.

She waited quietly. She almost felt as if she had enough energy to get up, though she knew better. She wasn't quite where she would have thought she should be and there would be definite risk in not being healed before pushing it. With accelerated healing, certain risks were involved, especially when it came to scarring. Might she love to have a reminder of her battles, she wasn't exactly one to want to have a badge to wear every single time.

Settling back again, she sighed heavily. It was good to be back in Widu, no matter the shape they had been left in. They had their lives intact and a future in front of them. And that was all that mattered today.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria finished getting the kettle of tea ready, grabbed a few cups, and rummaged through his pact for some biscuts and a wedge of cheese. Grabbing a platter, he brought everything over to the main room.

"Thanks Gawain and Merri for helping to get us home. I know this stuff is not much, but please help yourself. Merri, if you need to head into town or check on the men you brought with you, please my friend feel free to do so."

Tuvoria then pours himself a cup of tea and relaxes into his comfortable chair.

Meridoc

Post by Meridoc »

"Thanks be to you Tuvie. You are right, I do need to be moving on into town. I need to get my boys back to thier families and I need to go so the boys over at city hall and the Council to let them know about Darius and his deviants. I'll stop by and check on you all laters. I trust the good priest here can attend to the healing of your injuries. I must say, I don't miss the old days, and I had never thought we would be doing this again."

Merridoc then dismisses himself and heads out towards Widu to raise the alarm about Darius and the BloodClaws.
Former Long Patrol Scout
Current purveyor of fine spirits
Prancing Pony Wine & Spirits
Widu, Kiene
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain had followed his cousin Tuvoria into the house and assisted Merri to get Wyl onto the bed inthe main bedroom. Later, when Tuv had rejoined them. He nodded as he listened to Tuv and then Merri.

"You are welcome, cousin. If this had been me, I know you would have done the same. Now I guess I need to attend to healing and getting you both more on the road to recovery. I think my mortar and pestle is still here from when I was here before so in a bit I shall go and gather what I need to make the poultices. See you later, Merri. "

Waving goodbye to Merri as he left, Gawain then poured himself a cup of tea and took a seat nearby.

(ooc: sorry for the delay, RL has been busy!)
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

'Thanks Gawain. And I do feel you are correct my friend. The back is not to bad. It is more my leg that is stiff. Between the arrow and the tumble with the horse it took a beating. My biggest fear right now is that we may have inadvertantly put the people here in Widu in danger. Whatever caused that light during the battle was not a normal thing, I think it may have come from Wyl. Also Darius is out there nuturing not only a physical wound but a prideful one as well. He seemed to indicate that he knew something about Wyllow that was key. Also he is not one to let go of a grudge. He is going to come after us, it is just a matter of time. Also he knows that Merri is here now. Merri and I where responsible for the death of his brother and thier parents. He will want revenge. He doesn't care how many get hurt in the process as long as he get what he wants. Right now for some reason, he wants Wyl. He also wants to see Merri and myself dead. Once I am back up to full strength and I am sure Wyl is safe, I want to see what the voice of nature has to say to me. Do we sit and wait for them, do we hunt Darius, or do we seek to find out what is hidden in Wyl? I had hoped to settle down and relax in quite solitude for the rest of my years. It seems now like that may be far off in the future. So tell me cousin, what do you think happened with that mysterious burst of light?"

Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain nodded.

"I think Wyl has some latent magical powers that are just beginning to develop and the light is the result of one of those powers. I have a similar power that produces the same sort of blinding light that can incapacitate opponents in battle. Maybe Darius has already figured out she has such powers which they want to use to their advantage and that's why they want her? I think we should leave Widu as soon as Wyl is able to travel as we don't want to put the people here in Widu further at risk. Though I wasn't involved in what happened in the past, I am involved now. Darius has seen me with you and if he and the rest of the Bloodclaws have tracked you and Wyl down so far it won't take them long to find out I am your cousin if they don't already know that and where to find me too and may try to take revenge out on me to get to you so if I returned home, I could be putting the people in Paz at risk also and I don't want to do that. So I will come with you both. I should go start gathering the items and plants for healing to work on getting you both healed for further traveling."
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

It was funny how when one slept, the hours passed by quickly. But that is where she gathered her strength from. In a slumber, Wyllows body regenerated. Most people's bodies did something similar, but for her, it was at an accelerated rate. This was normal practice for her.. Hunt then sleep the following day to heal any wounds that may have occurred during the previous night. However, her normal progress seemed stunted. She woke to the sounds of voices a good number of hours after having been settled. She sat up and winced slightly. The pain wasn't as it had been before, there was much improvement, but it almost felt as if there was a drain upon her system.

Glancing at her wounds, she was satisfied that they would soon be healed, but concerned that it was taking much longer than normal. She also thought back to the encounter with Darius. She went over it all in her head and tried to understand what it was that happened to her and how. As it had been something unexpected and quite unexplainable. After much consideration, she decided that she needed to talk to Tuvoria about what was happening to her.

Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she spotted her pack. Standing, she felt a little weakness, but nothing she couldn't handle or would admit to. She then moved and searched through her pack for something clean and comfortable to wear. She dressed herself in a simple cotton gown. Something that she had always been most comfortable in. If one had to describe it, it could have been described an elaborate chemise-looking gown, meant to be worn on a warm summer day. After dressing, she gave herself a once over, ready to present herself.

Gingerly making her way out, she spotted both Gawain and Tuvoria. She gave a smile in greetings, with a lasting linger on Tuvoria to let him know that she was well on her way to mending and to not worry. She heard the last part of what Gawain had to say, and moved to take a seat near them both. The tone between the men was quite serious. 'I just took a look and I am mending well, so if you could, Gawain, focus on Tuv. I will admit, I am not at my top form when it comes to healing right now, and I am not certain what is going on. There are other things I have been thinking on since we encountered Darius. And I am confused on what is happening to me.' She placed her hands in her lap and looked at them for a moment. She then glanced at Gawain. 'I don't understand what happened, but something...' She started say, but she didn't know how to phrase what had happened and how she had thrown back their attackers like she had the first time, before she had fallen. But this second event had her concerned greatly. She also wasn't even sure if it had happened or not... it all felt so much like a dream. A questioning look surfaced on her face as she wondered if anyone else had witnessed what she thought had happened, or if it had all been in her mind.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain nodded as he listened to Wyl and he repeated what he had already said to Tuv about her powers realizing that she had not heard that part of the conversation.

"I think you have some latent magical powers that are just beginning to develop and the light is the result of one of those powers. I have the power that produces the same sort of blinding light that can incapacitate or blind opponents in battle. I am not sure what other powers you have as that is only one i have seen coming from you but I am willing to help you develop them."

He then glanced at Tuv as Wyl had said to focus on healing him.

"Well cousin, I should go and start gathering what I need to help heal you further."