Life in the Woods [The Home of Tuvoria and Wyllow]

Moderator: Community Team

Katie

Re: Life in the Woods [The Home of Tuvoria and Wyllow]

Post by Katie »

Katie knew Tuv was right. She was not her old self. For this reason she agreed with his plans.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain nodded as he listened to Tuv and Katie as they spoke.

"Yes, I think that sounds the best thing for you to do, Katie. I think I am ready enough to do that, Tuv, so lets head out now, how about you, Wyl?"
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She nodded. 'I.. I will try, and I.. ' She frowned. It felt as if Katie was their hope, yet she could get hurt, or even killed. She couldn't be sure of anything, but this was the best chance they had.

She let out a sigh. Lets go. She said in a soft whisper.

((OOC: God modding my character is permissible when needed when it comes to battle scenes, or in general when helping the story along. /ooc: ))
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"Alright then my friends lets do this. Katie you will take the wagon and head towards town making it look like you are trying to get us to safety. May the Mages keep you safe. Wyl, my love, you and Gawain will get things started with a blast of mystical energy to provide cover. Merri and myself will fire off a few rounds from our bows as we all head into the barn. We will wait to see if Darius and his gang takes the bait before we make for the tree line and then to the ridge overlooking the pond near the Orange Groves. So as soon as everyone is ready lets get this party started."

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Meridoc

Post by Meridoc »

Merri stands up as he hears the words of his good friend Tuv. He adjusts his sword belt and checks the status of his bow string as he heads towards the door through which the group plans to make thier escape.

"Aye laddie, it be sounding like a good plan. Me bow be ready when you are. Wyl, me lass, be your leg ready for this journey? We may have to push it a wee bit to get to the ridge, not to mention across the border into the home of the Corkies. So when you all be ready, lets go do some vermin huntin."
Former Long Patrol Scout
Current purveyor of fine spirits
Prancing Pony Wine & Spirits
Widu, Kiene
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain nodded to Tuv.

"Aye, cousin, I will see what I can do. I am ready when you are."
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

{certain characters and actions have been god-modded to help maintain the mood and move the story along.}

"It is time then my friends. Let us do this and may the Mages bless our actions."

Tuvoria led the rag tag group towards the back door and gathered them one last time to go over the plan. They all knew it was risky but it had to be done. It was time to move on. Tuvoria had come here hoping for peace, but Darius and his cohorts had other plans and they had to be dealt with. Pausing one last time, Tuvoria looked back upon this place that was suppose to be his new home with Wyllow. He knew what had to be done, and he only hoped that the Mages saw it that way as well. Picking up a bucket of pine pitch, Tuvoria scatters it about the main room and tosses a light candle upon it.

"No turning back now gang." he said with a wry smile.

]Bursting out the door with a loud piercing battle cry, Merridoc led the way and crossed to the other side of the breeze way. Tuvoria was on his heals and took the near side. Both began to fire off arrows from thier bows as Gawain and Wyllow came out and let loose with a massive wave of light. At that moment Katie jumped onto the buck board of the wagon and spurred the horse on and into a quick gallop. The rest of the group made for the barn, using the cover of twilight and the bright light of the energies from Wyllow and Gawain, along with the flames now buring in the main house, to conceal their efforts.
Trying to be as quiet as possible the gang hide as they heard the commotion outside and Darius and his crew head off in hot pursuit greatly annoyed that Wyllow was not yet in thier custody

Darius

Post by Darius »

Darius had been growing inpatient and desperately wanted to get Wyllow into his possession. However the arrival of the fae creature pushing a cart caught him off gaurd. What was with that? What trickery was afoot? Especially as his spies were reporting a new female human was in the building. What were the elf and the halfing up to,he wondered.
He knew that time was on his side as twilight was approaching and his men could take thier wolf forms and see much better than his prey. He was confident that he would soon have his revenge and that Wyllow would be both his possession and his bride. He smiled at the thought as he cleaned his nails with his dagger.

Looking up at the house, he yelled out
"Times just about up elf boy. Surrender the girl and I may let you live long enough to see me make her MY bride."

It was at that precise moment that Darius was taken by surprise as he had to duck for cover as an arrow came flying by his head. More arrows followed then the house seemed to explode as light came from everywhere. He then heard a wagon take off and could just barely make out one form on the seat and several more that appeared to be huddled down in the back. He knew that Tuvoria and Merridoc had gotten the jump on him and now had a bit of a head start, not to mention a fire, between them and his group.

Letting forth a deep, loudly, guttoral, and angry howl of rage, Darious quickly set about gathering his troops and setting off in pursuit. He could care less about the house or other structures. He was filled with rage and at this moment his only concern was catching the wagon before it got within site of the walls of Widu.

Screaming out "I will take my time killing you elfboy" Darius led the pursuit going around the house and picking up the trail that led back to Widu.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria and the gang heard the angry shouts, growls, howls, and sounds of pursuit after Katie and the wagon. All they could do now is hope the Mages looked out after Katie and help her get back to the safety of Widu. Once the sound of the pursuit began to disappear, Tuvoria and Merridoc led the gang out of the barn and quickly to the tree line. Not taking the time to look back, Tuvoria began to take them along the path he used to get to the meadow. The group pushed hard fearful of being caught in a bad location by Darius and the Blood Claws. After what seemed like an eternity the group made it to the base of the ridge. Gathering the last of thier strength Tuvoria encouraged the group on and soon they were all standing on the high ground in a very defensible location. Tuvoria was sore and stiff, his wounds throbbing from the exhortion. He could only imaging what his bride was dealing with.

"Okay my friends I think we may have made it. We need to rest. I know my wounds are throbbing, I can only imagine what the rest of you are feeling. We have a good spot to defend here. Let's take a moment to rest and see where we stand. I am sorry to say, its a no fire kind of night for obvious reasons. I just pray that Katie made it safely back to town. "

Tuvoria then sat gingerly upon the ground and encourage Wyllow to come and rest beside him, if not in his arms. Perhaps, he thought, peace was finally going to be his to enjoy. It was then that he heard the howls in the distance and knew they were getting closer. One way or another, things would be settled before the break of dawn.

Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Taking a seat on the ground near his cousin Tuvoria, Gawain nodded as he listened to him and he waited until he had caught his breath back before he spoke.

"Cousin, we do indeed need to rest. I managed to get most of the food and the treatments that I purchased in Widu earlier into my pack. I think that we need to eat soon if we are keep our strength up in order to maintain our distance from Darius's lot. I can take a look at those wounds also as we rest and you all can help yourselves to what is in my pack, its good staple fare which doesn't need fire to cook it, and we can eat it in the dark as its mainly stuff like bread, cheese, fruit, nuts, and some beef jerky, all will keep for a while of journeying if we ration it out, it should keep us going until we are able to get some more from wherever we end up. Anyways it should help to keep our strength up. I have a water-skin as well."

He then took his pack and water-skin and put them on the ground near Tuv.