[RP] Wildflower (Bridget's Cottage in the Woods)

Moderator: Community Team

Bridget

Re: [RP] Wildflower (Bridget's Cottage in the Woods)

Post by Bridget »

Seconds and thirds were served and then Alex was sent off to the shed for a good night's sleep. Bridget looked over at the dishes and decided to leave them until morning. It was strange having other bodies in her home, letting others into her life, really. She was discovering pretty quickly that it was okay to let her guard down. And although her heart had been mishandled already, she realized she couldn't control the actions of others and it was her choice to let those actions affect her or not.

Bridget stood and collected the dishes from the table,
"Well TK, it was a pleasure having you over and sharing this meal with you. I do have a busy day tomorrow - Karcier is throwing an impromptu parade, if you can believe that! He's a little mad, I think." Bridget chuckled, wondering what this new mayor had in store for Widu... and Widu's mentor. She looked up and smiled at him, "I do hope I'll see you there."

Bridget packed up some leftover stew into a clean pot and handed it to TK. "I hope you'll be able to stomach more of this. There's still too much for me to handle on my own." She winked at him and smiled, "And if you were only being polite with your compliments, I don't mind. Just dump the stew out back and return the pot in the morning."
Thank you, Aishe!
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK smiles and bids Alex goodnight as he heads out the door to the shed for the night.

TK had a full stomach and he had enjoyed his time this evening with the two of them. He stands and bows as she presents him with the pot of stew. "I can surely put this to good use and I will bring the pot back to you in a day or so. I was being absolutely sincere with the compliments. Both of the food, and the cook. If you'd like I could help with the dishes." he smiles and waits just a moment before taking a couple steps toward the door.

"You shall definitely see me at the parade. I look forward to being in attendance as you are celebrated." he says as he opens the door and steps out into the evening stars.

As he was on his way home his thoughts went back to the events of the evening and it brought a smile to his face and a lightness to his heart. He'd enjoyed the time with Alex and Bridget. Though Alex seemed more intent on eating than talking he seemed a good enough creature and TK would make sure to stop by more often just to see how things were progressing along. Perhaps the young Alex would be the one that TK recommended to the Queen for knighthood if he kept his actions right and proved himself over the next while.

Bridget was indeed a Lady. No title needed for TK to notice that fact. He liked her, he didn't think that was a secret. He thought more about the evening as he made his way home and before he knew it he was opening the gate to his land. He put the stew away and went out back to wash in the river, then came in an went to bed. He too had a busy day on the morrow and rest would be peaceful tonight.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget enjoyed her evening with her friends. Life had changed so much in the past few months. So much, she hardly recognized who she'd become.

Trust. It had been such a difficult thing to let someone in, after all those years of isolation, of keeping people away. Bridget had spent her life hiding in the shadows until she finally got dragged out by Nahren. But where was he now? No letters, no sign of him at the castle. Nothing. She wanted to be angry, she certainly felt betrayed, but there was nothing in her except worry. She only hoped he was alright, wherever he disappeared to. He said he frequently lost time, and she’d witnessed it before, but it had never lasted this long.

Love was not something she was well acquainted with, but she had felt something for him. And more than anything, she just wanted to know he was alright: not hurting and alone, like she had been.

Bridget had recently been told that she had a lover’s heart. When she asked if that meant she’d have to deal with it being broken all the time, her friend had just smiled and said,
“That’s what happens when one feels so deeply and so intensely.” Was this to be her destiny?
Thank you, Aishe!
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget sat out in her garden, a book of healing spells in her hand. She was having a hard time focusing today though. She would read a few pages and then have to flip back and re-read them when she realized she’d not been paying attention. Any studying she’d planned to do was obviously not going to happen. She closed the book and placed it in her lap. She lay back amidst her plants and watched the flowers dance in the breeze. It was so peaceful and mesmerizing. Bridget’s mind was too active today and she was in need of some quiet meditation.

So much had happened in the past few weeks. Crazy stuff! Completely insane things that were beyond Bridget’s wildest imagination or dreams. She had been summoned to a meeting with the Queen – someone Bridget considered a friend on her part. She was never sure how Queen Victorious actually felt about her though. But Bridget knew now.

"Princess… "

Bridget had to pinch herself every morning since that meeting. She was once a girl who was pushed out of her home, out of her family; she had no one. And now, it seemed, she had everything she could ever want.

Well … almost everything.
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce made his way around Widu in search of Bridget's home, her cottage as she described it. He didn't know exactly where she lived but he thought of her as being kinda private so figured she wouldn't be directly in town, but more on the outskirts. Royce started following what looked like a cart path but seemed to have seen heavy traffic over the years. Royce followed the path for what seemed a fair distance and soon a small cottage came into view.

Royce stepped up to the door and was about to knock when a thought crossed his mind. 'what the heck was he doing here?' that thought was followed by another, 'what if she has company?' Royce stood there staring at the door for a few moments. Finally realizing that it was not a mistake he raises his hand and knocks loudly and rapidly upon the door.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget had dozed off in her garden when she was suddenly jolted awake by a strange sound. It took her a moment to realize what the sound had been. Who could be knocking on her door? She rarely had visitors, aside from her steward, but Nia always just let herself in.

Bridget pulled herself up off the ground and wiped the dirt from her skirt as she made her way around to the front of the cottage. She stopped short when she saw Royce standing on the front step. She felt something in the pit of her stomach as she watched him for a moment. She quickly ran her fingers through her hair and frowned when she looked down at her wrinkled clothing. Oh well, not much to be done about that now, she thought.

Bridget approached him and noticed that he seemed nervous. She hoped nothing was wrong, or that she hadn’t forgotten a meeting with him. She reached out and touched his arm,
“Royce! This is quite the surprise. Whatever are you doing here?”
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce's stomach was turning ever so slightly as he finished knocking. A few long seconds passed by and he didn't hear approaching steps. Almost instantly he thought Bridget was not at home and his heart sank a little for unknown reasons and he started to turn to leave when he heard his name being called.

"I just had to see you Bridget," Royce started, "I tried to find you at the university but, they told me you were at home." Royce had not intended to be surprised like this by Bridget but, it was true, he just had to see her. "I was given a general direction and started on my way." Royce shuffled from one foot to the other, "I wanted to tell you that I had a great time learning how to juggle in your class." Royce knew that this was not the total truth as to why he was here but, he had to come up with something.

Ever since he ran into Bridget in the tavern and had taken university classes taught specifically by her he found himself slightly smitten. She was just so very friendly toward him and well, she was so beautiful. Her gorgeous red hair played about her face in such a way to allow herself to be open but also keep a little mystery about her.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget studied Royce as he spoke. By the way he danced around, she wondered if there was more that he was not allowing himself to say.

She smiled at him,
“You know I’ve enjoyed our time at the university as well. You’re picking up the juggling fairly quickly, so that pleases me. But you could have told me that in class tomorrow, you know. You didn’t have to travel all this way.” She studied his face again, searching for something that could tell her more about the truth behind this unexpected visit. “Come around to the garden and I will get you something to drink.”

Bridget started to lead the way back to the garden and then stopped abruptly. She hadn’t even discovered his agenda yet, and truthfully, she was unsure of how to proceed. She felt very at ease with Royce, so inviting him to spend some time alone with her didn’t feel odd, but should anyone else happen by the entire situation may be deemed inappropriate. She turned to look at him, “If you’re able to stay, that is. Or I can walk with you back to town if you need to hurry on your way?” Whatever choice he made, she would be glad to spend some time with him outside of the university.
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

She was right. He could have told her all of this during class tomorrow or perhaps just before it started. He couldn't bring himself to tell her how he has fallen for her, not just yet. He wanted to test out the waters before jumping in feet first.

"A drink would be most welcome," Royce spoke finally after a short pause. He followed just behind Bridget as she lead the way around to her garden pausing slightly when she did with an look of concern on her face although he didn't pick up a worried vibe from her actions.

The sight that met his eyes when he turned the corner was enough to almost leave him speechless. Bridget's garden was as beautiful as she was. Various blooms met his eye of various color. From living in the forests he saw here in her garden a few varieties of plant that were extremely rare and only used by those that practice a certain craft. Royce had heard rumors that Bridget was a witch but, that did not worry him at all.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget noticed Royce stop and stare at her garden. She watched him take it all in and smiled, "It's a little hobby of mine. I find gardening quite relaxing - even though it's a job that's never quite finished. When I come out here I can relax and think about everything or nothing at all."

She pointed toward a small wooden table with two chairs. "You are probably tired from that long walk. Have a seat and I'll get us something to eat and drink."

Bridget went into the cottage and quickly ran to her room for a quick peek in the mirror. She hoped she didn't look too disheveled after her nap in the sun. She smoothed down her hair and pulled it back into a quick bun, letting some strands spill out over her cheeks. Her face was flushed so no additional color was needed. She wondered why she was suddenly worried about her appearance. This was not her first time socializing with a friend... She shook that thought from her head and hurried out to the pantry. She grabbed half a loaf of bread and a chunk of cheese. Then she placed two glasses on a tray. What to offer him? Wine or was that not a good idea? She filled a jug with water and tossed in a few slices of orange. She hesitated before grabbing the bottle of wine and heading back to the garden.

"Sorry Royce. I didn't mean to take so long. I felt a little disorganized...." She placed the tray on the table and gestured toward the wine and water. "And I wasn't sure what you were thirsting for."
Thank you, Aishe!