[RP] Wildflower (Bridget's Cottage in the Woods)

Moderator: Community Team

Bridget

Re: [RP] Wildflower (Bridget's Cottage in the Woods)

Post by Bridget »

Bridget had closed her eyes while clasping Royce’s hand in hers. She was murmuring under her breath and concentrating on his wound when she felt his hand twitch and pull at hers.

“Where am I?” she heard him whisper. His voice was raspy and his breath was still very laboured. But he was awake. Bridget stood and touched her hand to his cheek and leaned in close to him. She put her forehead against his for a moment.

“Oh Royce, my dear Royce. You’re safe, but you need to rest. I'm going to take care of you.”

She dipped a cloth into the glass of water she’d left at the bedside and brought it to his mouth. She squeezed little droplets onto his lips and tongue. She felt a lump in her throat as she looked into his eyes. They were somewhat duller than usual, but she was overjoyed to see them.
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce felt the droplets of water on his lips and savored each one. The pain in his chest as he breathed was agonizing. His vision was blurry but his sense of smell told him he was in Bridget's house. The smell of herbs hanging to dry was one he could never forget. He smiled at the sound of Bridget's voice and found comfort in hearing it. Royce somehow knew that he was safe and would make a speedy recovery.

Royce closed his eyes and tried to get some rest but true rest evaded him. Each time he closed his eyes the yellow eyes of whatever attacked him haunted him. The eyes were followed by razor sharp claws and the memory of his attack won't ever allow him to forget that image. The scene kept playing out in his head.
*Royce is walking along happily whistling a merry tune. He just left Bridget's cottage and was heading home. His sword hand in his pocket running a finger over the small ring box he had there. Suddenly the crashing of something big through the trees. He fumbles his hand trying to get it out of his pocket and onto the hilt of his sword. He hears the clatter of the blade as it is knocked away and then searing pain across his chest followed by blackness.* Every time the scene plays out it makes him toss and turn slightly causing his to whimper in pain.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget didn’t leave the bedside through the night. Royce seemed restless, so Bridget just sat with him and held his hand.

As the sun broke through the trees, Bridget rose from the floor and stretched out her sore back. She wiped down his brow once again and then headed into the kitchen to make herself a pot of tea. It had been a full day and a half now since Bridget had slept. The initial adrenaline had worn off and she was starting to feel the exhaustion in her bones.

Once the tea was made, she brought her cup along with a fresh bowl of water and clean cloth back to Royce’s bedside. He was moaning and whimpering. She gently stroked his cheek and whispered softly to him, hoping to soothe him. He seemed much calmer when she was close by. She thought about giving him something to knock him out completely - watching him toss and turn, she was afraid he’d open up his wound. Hopeful that he’d wake up soon, she decided to just hold his hand and wait.
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce's dreams were plagued once more. The scene of his attack playing over and over. He felt a soothing touch on his hand and opened his eyes for what seemed the first time in ages. He looked over through half opened eyes and saw Bridget sitting there clasping his hand with hers. He bent forward a little but felt pain in his chest so he relaxed back again. Turning his head however he was able to look at Bridget. "Good morning my love," he whispered, "You look so exhausted, why don't you try to get some sleep?" It was a simple request. Personally he felt well, enough to get up on his own and move to a different place in order to give her the bed to rest in.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget opened her eyes and smiled at Royce when he spoke to her.

“No, no. You’re not going anywhere. I want you to rest here – for as long as it takes.” She smiled at him and then leaned over and kissed his forehead. “It’s just nice to see your bright eyes again. I’m going to bring you some soup and tea and then I’m going to catch some rest in my chair by the fire. I think sleep should come to me now.”

Bridget hurried off to the kitchen and returned to Royce carrying a tray of soup and tea. She helped him sit up a little and then placed the tray across his lap. “How does your chest feel now? It should heal up quickly. I may have done a little something…” Bridget just smiled at him before continuing, “You should be back to your fit self in a matter of days.”

Bridget watched him for a couple minutes before speaking again, “I need to tell you something… I have to go away for a bit. I leave tomorrow. You can stay here as long as you need. You’ll recover better here in my bed than outside on your hammock. My steward Nia will come check on you. She’ll get you anything you need.” Bridget paused for a moment, “I’ll be different when I return. But I’ll still be me and I’ll be well taken care of, so worry not.”
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce sipped at the tea and enjoyed the soup as he listened to Bridget. A knowing smile flashed on his face as he understood that she had used her craft to speed his healing along. Royce was thankful to her for this even though he had trouble expressing his feelings even at the best of times. The smile faded she explained to him that she was going away for a bit. Royce had concerns for her safety but knowing what she could do with fire squashed his fears as fast as they developed. Royce just kinda sat there half laying back as Bridget explained to him that she will be different when returned. He didn't say much as the tea must have had something in it to help him sleep and he dozed off softly.

Royce awoke several hours later and he found the room empty and quiet. He surmised that Bridget had left on her journey. He was also surprised at how well he felt. He looked at his chest and the open wound was merely a healed over scar mark now and even then it seemed to be disappearing from view. Royce carefully swung his legs over the side of the bed and tried to stand up. He found that he had no difficulty at all besides a little tightness in his upper body and he found his legs a bit wobbly after being in bed recovering. He found a bit of parchment and a quill and scrawled a message on it thanking Bridget for her care in his recovery and informing Nia that he was feeling well enough to travel the short distance to his home. Royce opened the door and headed home.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

The time had passed in a flurry of activity. First there was Bridget’s Romipen a Pani Nevi. She was no longer just Bridget, a witch from the forests of Kiene, she was now Roma. She finally had a family to support and protect her through life. New blood flowed through her veins, and with that, new feelings, a new understanding of magic, and a new set of priorities. She realized that she couldn’t be the woman that Royce needed; not at this time in her life. It was with a heavy heart that she said goodbye and wished him well. She hoped they could remain friends, but she was well aware of how cliché that was, however true it may be. In this time, Bridget also realized that she could no longer continue to serve the cathedral. She held too many keys in her pocket, it was time to give someone else a chance to serve the creatures of Widu.

When not working in the castle, Bridget was spending her free time harvesting her herbs and flowers for the coming winter. On colder evenings, or once it was too dark to spend time in the garden, Bridget would sit inside her cottage and attempt to organize her things. She wasn’t sure how much time in the future she’d actually spend here at her cottage. Her simensa, the Queen, had prepared her a room at the castle, and along with her vardo at the caravan, Bridget found she suddenly had many places to call home.

Romipen a Pani Nevi - Roma-hood through Pure Water
simensa - cousin
Thank you, Aishe!