To Be Free Trade Or Not To Be (Poll Question and Discusion)

Moderator: Community Team

To Be Free Trade Or Not To Be

Yes to fredom in our market !
50%
No !
50%

Total votes: 18

Texas_Knight

Re: To Be Free Trade Or Not To Be (Poll Question and Discusi

Post by Texas_Knight »

Alder wrote:Umm TK, I think yer missing the point here... Apparently market manipulation isn't making prices higher by eliminating competition, it's making prices any different, meaning that either we have to pay more or that vendors have to charge less and get less profit like.

The problem apparently was that people didn't want to lose money by lowering their prices and that they couldn't sell anything with outside traders coming in and selling things cheaper than they were.

Your price range thing would stop traders from putting things for too much, but not from undercuttin the people here.
We haven't even set prices for the goods yet. So that statement is without a foundation. Why not wait and see what the prices are set at before making a judgement on them being too low or too high? C'mon MAN! And if a trader can undercut someone, then it's a temporary thing and they will soon be gone. Either deal with it by lowering your prices, or wait till the trader leaves and your good will sell.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
balerion

Post by balerion »

If you statement means what it appears to Alder has it exactly. It is entirely with foundation. That foundation is the 80 milk among a vast array of products which didn't even sell before the law caused their removal. Those items were on the market for weeks and weeks. If Ciphas had removed his products as he said he would in mail then this topic wouldn't even exist. He didn't. Then he complained when something was done about it.

Alder was never saying your price range was too low, rather that traders would still be able to sell lower than townsfolk.

If you instead meant that traders wouldn't be able to sell for example milk at less than 7f thus allowing townsfolk to sell lower than them it would create an entirely different situation. It wouldn't be very good for the traders but it would protect the investments of the residents. However your response makes it fairly clear that you meant the former rather than the latter. 80 milk is not a temporary thing, 80 milk gives weeks to restock sold milk on the market before selling them all.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Shin

Post by Shin »

((Ignore this post))
Silence

Post by Silence »

Never said I agreed with what was said... I actually agree with TK mostly, in that what we have is not a problem and any problem we could have would be solved by this... the thing is, that everybody seems to think that there's some problem in what I said... I made my opinion known, now I am just observing and pointing out what I can to be helpful... feel free to ignore me.
waerth

Post by waerth »

Just now have some time to read up on all of this. Ciphas send me some pm's about this long time ago.

I agree with arguments on both sides. I have profited from good personal deals with Ciphas. And I hope in the future to still being able to do that.

I do hope traders will still visit Widu in the future. As it is important.

Right now we have a scarcity of some items on the market again, like balls of wool and hides.