Peasants Requests

Moderator: Community Team

Zachrin

Peasants Requests

Post by Zachrin »

A group of peasant arrive at town hall hot, sweating, and wielding wheat forks. They seem very upset about the heat and the stillness of the air. They seem to call out for action.

"Mayor, we need money to deal with this crisis. How much will you give us to help us or shall we be ignored?"

[OOC: This is an RP event for mayors and others to interact with. Mayors will have until March 31st end of day before reset to give an answer. The money will be taken from town hall and the response of the peasants posted here and in the TH event log]
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Drydan

Re: Peasants Requests

Post by Drydan »

Drydan was walking along the streets going to the council room but he had a hard time getting in as he saw so many peasants with pitchforks and they were yelling about the heat and work so he unlocked the door to get in then shut it as soon as he got in. He shouted out.

Mayor? Any council Members? Anyone here?!?!?!?!?!
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

The mob of peasants seemed to grow waiting a response.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He looked out the window became worried even more seeing more peasants growing.

Now come on guys, where are you? We gotta fix this.

Then a few moments later, he decided to take it upon himself and went out to the crowds.

Peasants, I am a former Mayor of Widu, however, you all follow me to the tavern and I will buy you drinks and let's discuss what we can do to help you.

He motioned them to follow him into the nearest tavern which was just across the street and ordered a round of drinks on him.

Have a seat and enjoy the drinks and let us discuss.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

The peasants look at Drydan and reply:

"You sure are nice mister. You will buy us drinks? It might get a bit expensive. We wanted help from the mayor, but we will take it from others."
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

A tavern assistant looked at Drydan and said:

"What is the limit that you'll pay for so I know when to cut them off?"
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

He looked at the Tavern assistance and thinks.

Well, lets give them a couple of rounds and along with it water to parch their thirst since they have been out in the heat.

He turns to the peasants.

I know you wanted the Mayor. I thought I help out assisting the Mayor as I am part of the Town Council so I can converse with the Mayor with what you wish to demand or wish for.
Nahren

Post by Nahren »

Nahren stood quietly in the heat sweat slowly beading and dripping off of his unnaturally white skin. He had been observing the mob for some time, trying to gather his still foggy mind into a plan of action, his large imposing frame drawing the occasional glance from those who did not already know him. When Drydan offered to pay their bar-tab he smiled and stepped forwards, allowing a little magic to course through him and amplify his voice so that all could hear he called out to the crowd

"Glorious people of Widu, some of you know me and some of you do not, but Widu has been the only place I could call home for many years and the idea of any of it's citizens suffering fills me with anger. We will find the source of this unnatural heat and we will do what we can in returning the weather to normal" Nahren draws in a breath before speaking again

"But until then I can not allow my friend Drydan to bear the brunt of keeping all your thirsts quenched and though I am not a rich man I will pledge 150 freznics of my own money towards this task. Furthermore using my skills as a mason I will build places for all of you to shade yourselves and aqueducts to bring free, cooling water to your mouths. I will also use my voice as a councillor of Kiene to argue for more to be done for all of you who keep this Viceroyalty running"
Nahren stepped back and towards the doors of the town hall, still cautious after the revolt not so long ago and nodded at Drydan in appreciation for making the course of action clear.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Some of the peasants cheered at another coming forth with promises of help.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious was finishing up some paperwork in her office. She thought she heard commotions outside but got sidetracked with the overwhelming tasks that needed to be finished. After finishing up the last task, she walked outside seeing two guards at the town hall she walked past them noticing Nahren speaking to mobs of peasants. "What is this? Greedy little peasants aren't they. First they awoke me up this morning at the castle and now here at the town hall." She looked at all their angry faces except one looked at her pleadingly. She smiled at the peasant and then spoke, "Fine since I'm in a rather good mood I'll offer 100 freznics but I cannot spare more because we are still rebuilding."

After hearing cheers it was looking promising but she would be prepared if they decided to revolt again.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|