ORP:Phoenix Event - The search for the elusive items!

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

ORP:Phoenix Event - The search for the elusive items!

Post by Wyllow »

(This thread is to be used for not only item searches, but to write the story of how -we all- came together to help each other and make a team effort to make items, as many can be seen as expensive, we all need them to reach our goals. All are welcome to join in!)

The morning greeted them as they came into the town from their time away. Letters had reached them of how items were needed, sadly, she wished she could have done better. Before she would even stop at the market to check on her bread.. as she knew that was getting very low, she brought all she could find.. at what she hoped was a somewhat normal price, and put it up. Not making any profit at all, as she was fine with that. This was something the town, everyone, could come together to work on as a team. She understood that the whole process that everyone might have to undertake, could be great.

Pulling the lanolin from her pack, she put it up for sale for the same exact price she paid for it. She even left the tags attached as proof to this. This wasn't about making money. She had plenty to spare, and deep down, figured many may have, as well.

Aug 3, 1654 4:49 am [XXX Town Market] You have bought 3 lanolin at 10.00 each from XXX
A thought occurred to her to stop at the field office. She wanted to look into seeing what it would take to change her fields over to get prices of the item she just placed upon the market down as far as possible, as 10 per lanolin was just too expensive. She glanced around and saw other things that should be much lower, and thus she placed those items up at lowered prices as well, in hopes that they would be purchased by someone in need rather than re-selling at a higher price.

She looked around and smiled, but couldn't locate any Potatoes, Cheese or Bacon, something she was needing. 'Well, that is all I can do for now.' She commented to herself. 'If we all work together, we can do great things.' With that, she made her way home to get some much needed sleep. The had been on the road non-stop.
Bridget

Re: ORP:Phoenix Event - The search for the elusive items!

Post by Bridget »

Bridget was pretty excited about this event in the kingdom. She'd planted klah where she once had wheat and spent several hours in her workshop learning how to make cheese - which turned out to be delicious yet very time-consuming. She thought she would make as many batches of cheese as she could so others in town could purchase it when needed.

Bridget took out a piece of parchment and quickly wrote a note. She brought it to the market bulletin board and posted the notice for all to see:

Attention!

Cheese and cream available on demand.

Willing to make trades with other professionals!

Bridget
Miller & Widu Town Mentor
Thank you, Aishe!
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Told yeh I'd buy em if yeh had em mentor."

Alder turned away from the message she had posted, sighed and kicked a rock at random.

"Whatever, I don't need em right now I guess."

Alder had far too many things to do to go making even more crates right now. That, and finding materials was going to be difficult. With that in mind, he himself put up a message next to Bridget's.
Anybody want crates, speak teh Alder. I can also do those fruit thingies later. If yeh can provide all the stuff I need, I can get stuff for yeh quicker. IF yeh can't, I'll keep my eye on the market, but can't do much else.

I'm lookin teh buy:

7 Down pillows (price negotia thingy... err, we can talk about it)
6 Brocoli stems for up teh 25
2 Buttered popcorn for 75 or less
Orion

Post by Orion »

After attending the morning mas at the temple, Orion walks out of there and catches a breath of refreshing morning air.
He just heard about the Phoenix Event. He still had a lot to learn about this world, but he decide to participate in this too.

Now, where do i start? Orion thought. Oh Yes, i know! Lets see if i can get something in the market first!

And just as he came, some items needed for quest were there - 7 chaffs and 4 black beans which he get as fast as he could.

Now....just 3 more black beans i need! There are also some items at the travelers caravan like brocoli stems. But it costs a lot of silver so i need to train better to play the 21 game.

Going out of the market Orion been thinking - he was so used to do things alone. But this quest was so much about the teamwork, so he might need to work together with others.

Now....how do i get a face paint and after a body paint? I need to find a Mason who would agree to make & sell them for me. But there sure are many others who want the same, so i may need to trade something.

Orion see he only has a veggie field where he usually grows potatoes. I wonder if potatoes and potatoe skins are any good for the quest?
If those are any good & could be needed, maybe i could make 2nd field another for producing some more of potatoes and potatoe skins and trade with some others? Yes! I think that would do good. Just need to save some more frenzics and i can buy my 2nd field soon.

After that Orion walks to find a good job to earn as many frenzics as possible.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

After a fine day of rest, she started the day bright and early. First, checking on her new fields of Klah. She had thought to change the fields a long time ago, but had never really gotten around to it. This, only gave her the shove in the right direction. Not to mention a nice letter that said it might be better to go this way, rather than deal with sheep. If she had to be honest, she didn't really want to have sheep. She had heard they were a temperamental animal, sometimes getting spooked and keeling over in a blink!

When she arrived at her new fields, she had seen that the ground had been not only plowed, but sewn as well. She smiled as the workers left a nice pile of Black Beans. Seven in fact! She had been needing those, so she was extremely excited over it. Any extra she was to get from here on out would go straight on the market for others. On her way to her bakery, she took along a few items stopped and gave the Chaff's and Beans she had to the men in charge of taking their items for this very Extreme event. She smiled and her progress was marked.

She then thought about what her beloved had told her the evening before, and she hurried to talk to her steward. When she arrived at her bakery, they had a long chat. She gave him some money, and was satisfied that he soon might rear a pig.

As the morning went on, she checked the market frequently for the things she was still needing. She knew in time that she would begin to see what she was looking for and smiled as she placed more goods on sale.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Another day at the market and she looks around. Gasping she nabs a few things, even some for a good friend of hers. Lanolin! I bet he can use some of that! She smiled to herself, forgetting Gabriel was standing next to her. She had a good deal of roses too that she might send over. As she wandered further, she found some beautiful potatoes and plucked some out of the pile. There were a few good mounds so she chose some from each, absentmindedly passing them to Gabriel to put in the small wooden box. She thought about making some dirty mashed potatoes, which required a good deal of mash, as well as 6 skins! She thought about Awesome skins then as her thoughts shifted... and the items she was going to need. Her head nearly spun. One thing at a time! She said to herself. Gabriel just grinned, as it was like her to talk to herself when she was in this attitude.

He then watched as she bought other things that she didn't even need. But it wasn't the least bit unusual. After the purchases were made, she cleaned her hands by wiping them together. Here, let me take that. She indicated she wanted him to set the wooden box down. She then stooped to pull out the items she wasn't needing. Take these over to the town hall. They can use them.. or sell them. I will take the rest back to the shop and we can try out some new recipes! She said with enthusiasm. The steward simply nodded and accepted the items that were thrust into his arms.. then set off.

Picking up the box with what she had gathered so far, she set off in the direction of her bakery. She had some pork belly and black beans to sell too!
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

It had been a few days since she was able to make it to the market. ,this time she was more focused on what she was needing. Cheese and Bacon. Attaching two advertisements to the town hall bulletin board, she listed what she would like to pay for the items. After picking up a few fish and milk, something she was needing desperately for personal use, she then decided to occupy her time doing something she hadn't done in a long time. Take these to the house for me. She said to Gabrial. I don't think we will be baking today. We have a good many things for sale, so for now you may take some time off. Oh! If you see any salt, I am in need of some soon.

With that she turned and made her way to the forest. She thought about perhaps the orange groves, but moved past those. She had a curiosity to satisfy.
Drydan

Post by Drydan »

Drydan carries a wooden box....sets it down in the middle of the Market...stood on it and shouts.

If ya'll want down pillows, I shall need feathers...yes feathers feathers I shall buy to make pillows.

At one point, he was told that there were feathers up for him but someone else snapped it up before he could get them. He tried to talk to this person about the feathers but this person said too bad.

Well, contact me at my shop (ig mail) to make arrangements to the sale of the feathers. Thank you to ya'll
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEQwLA2H2Z8

(One time I'll probably ever post since im so busy :( ))

Karcier crawlled along the grass like a bug, slowly approaching what looked to be a black bean. Not that he paid much attention to the sourrounding field were his mage replica golemns were ravaging the lands, burning everything to a crisp. All because Karcier had forgotten to tell them to stop, so ignoring all of that. He kept crawling at snail pace, eventually, a minute exacly. He picked up the item in the grass and success !

"A black bean !" he raised it to the sky in order to get a better view of it. Oh in all its wonder, such a beautiful thing ! Its a bit hot here, he told himself. He blinked a few times and realized the he was sourrounded by flames, his golemns had long sinced disappeared past it all most likely going into Valeria or pestering some more Yyvmins home. Karcier blinked, wait fire couldn't hurt him...thats right he was a phoenix himself...this event was for him. He was about to eat the bean when something swooped in and snatched it from his hand.

"You bloody cursed, mage fallen spit up the backside give me back my bean !" he shouted, the creature flapped its wings slowly so Karcier could see but not touch. It was the phoenix.

"I am the great Phoenix of the Phoenix event, I will take this bean and tick you off my list...well done phase one is complete..." the birds voice was elegant and strong. "You need only now compelte the other 3"

"I don't give two figs about your list give me back my bean !" the mad mayor lunged for the bird and grabbed it firmly and started shaking it. "You thief I want my bean back !" The phoenix was obviously shocked as it took it a moment before it started to peck at Karciers face.

"How dare you attack me, I am the great Phoenix and I ..." before it could finish off Karcier dropped the bird and picked up the bean.

"Blah blah blah big fancy powers and curse of gods...yeah been there done that..died three times so I really don't care..." Karcier looked at the bean proudly. "Ah my child...you shall be safe away from this pureblood phoenix!" he tried to wave the bird away but the Phoenix simply followed him about, until the bird simply vanished ina puff of smoke and Kartcier found himself in what seemed to be a stage, and a sorcerer preforming magical tricks for kids. The sorcerer snatched the bean from Karcier's hands and placed it into one of three pots.

"Here you have three pots, you bean is under one of these...find it and you will have you bean and much more !" the Sorcerer shifted the pots around to confuse Karcier, what is this a dream ? Karcier waited for the man to finish and then in one swift movement. He kicked the table over and knocked the pots down onto the floor, there was the bean. Once more he took the bean, a big grin on his face.

"My master, the field is burning." the words repeated, rough and stoney like voice. Karcier blinked and woke up to blue skies filled with puffing black smoke, when he got up he noticed three of his golemns sourrounding him, with the field burning. Karcier swallowed hard, oops... wait the bean. He searched for the bean but to no avail...had this been a cruel trick..a dream ?!

"Mage it !"

((Yes its utter nonsense and random but I don't care, dreams never make sense :P ))
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

After reading a book at the University, she takes some time to wander the market, intent on finding some face paint to conclude the first part of this interesting quest. With nothing in site, she decides to move on, still searching for Mashed Potatoes, Potato Skins and other ingredients she is going to need at a later time. For now she is satisfied with not being able to create anything for the event in her shop... however, she hopes that it won't be too much longer before she starts seeing things that are needed, but understands there isn't much she can do about it. A few item purchases and she moves on her way home.