ORP:Phoenix Event - The search for the elusive items!

Moderator: Community Team

Silence

Re: ORP:Phoenix Event - The search for the elusive items!

Post by Silence »

Alder stood in the town square clanging two pieces of scrap metal together. Usually he wouldn't have tried this, but he needed people's attention.

"Hey everyone! There's a guy in Imperious who's already finished this thing! Are we gonna let him beat us? No, we ain't... now I can handle broccoli stems and crates and will do all that when I have enough stuff teh work with. I need you guys though teh be workin on what else we need. That means face paints, yes you masons, you guys..."

What in the world was he doing? He wasn't the sort of outspoken person to go doing this sort of thing.

"You guys, we need yer facepaints put on the market, and then body paints once those ain't sellin any more. Weavers, we need pillows? Why aren't I seein any of these things? Now for bakers, I know yeh've got a hard time, 'specially with me takin all of the potato skins teh trade for broccoli stems, but why aren't I seein mashed taters and cream floatin around? Do I have teh talk teh each of yeh individually? Come on people, it ain't difficult... Even I'm workin on crates for people while I can. I've sorted out all my private deals and then all of the ones I need for me, so once I've got enough money teh play around with, I'll start puttin em on the market too."

"Meanwhile, we need some guys teh go chopping for wood. We need some guys teh go lookin for pears and strawberries."

He leaned over to the nearest person who was listening

"Say, where do yeh get pears and strawberries from anyway?"

"Oh, and there are a whole load of pig parts on the market, why are none of our butchers usin em and sellin em to our baker, who's being real nice about getting things together for us."

He pointed at Wyllow.

"See people, this can only happen if we work together... now let's make this happen!
waerth

Post by waerth »

Waerth stood in the town square waving his sword around and speaking angrily:

"I have decided to boycott the market. As no one seems to want to put items on the market and wants to keep what they make and use for private deals only I do not see why I should continue to make items. Also my policy of providing items at cheap prices will stop. I went down from 5000 freznics++ at one time to about 1000 freznics now. Time to recuperate. Also I sacrificed my own progress for far to long by not studying so I can level up. I always worked to supply items for the market so every single blacksmith item was available at almost all times in Widu. Time to become selfish like the rest of you"
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Alright... thanks for all yeh did so far and all... can't say I blame yeh like. Go ahead and try teh win this thing... or not, whatever yeh feel like."

"So... are the people in Widu just givin up on this thing then?"
Royce

Post by Royce »

*Royce walks out of his workshop and approaches the gathered throng with paint smeared on his face and work smock*

I have been happily making facepaint for the people, at least those that have contacted me and said 'make me some paint'

Anyone that wants paint and has the materials to sell me to make said paint will get the lowest possible price of course.

face paint is 5 roses and 1 lanolin and 24 hours

body paint is 10 roses, 2 lanolin, 5 aloe and 24 hours.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Give up after 5 years ? No, course not. Take a break ? Yes.
waerth

Post by waerth »

Waerth looks at Royce and asks:

"Why not just put the face paints on the market? Our newer citizens are not familiar with who is who and that they need to ask. They simply see nothing on the market and might decide to move on to the next town or maybe even leave the realm. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to buy what one wants."
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

That's why we have a mentor for them to ask who makes what?

The whole point of this is to meet new people and make new friends. That's perfect for any new residents! If you are unwilling to talk to anyone, then you won't complete the tasks. If you want to finish, get out and talk to people and make new friends.

This isn't supposed to be frustrating; it's supposed to be fun. Don't get frustrated; after all, there are still 153 days left. That's plenty of time. Just take a breath and get out there and talk to people. You'll find they are generally willing to help. I know I have lots of kind people helping me.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She smiles glad to see new faces and voices. I am still looking for 7 face paints. I talked with Tana and they stated they have orders lined up 10 deep, (70 days worth of work) yet are short on roses. I suspect that the same is true for other masons. Considering that the event is only a month old I would think that would mean a max amount of 30 per mason could have been made.. at 7 each person, that is only covering 4 people so far per mason. I have put an order in so that I can move on from the first part of the event. I have no idea how many orders Royce has, but it might be worth contacting him. I know that I have sold as many roses as I could come up with for the face paints. I can only imagine what the body paints might need!

I have heard that other towns might have roses. I am currently a miller making cheese and mash so that when the time comes I can make the awesome skins and the Dirty Mash for people as a baker. But I will not be returning to Baking for at least the next month. So please be patient with people as I do think for the most part people are doing their best here. Another thing is cost. I know everyone wants as low as possible prices, and I think for the event items people are doing their best, but I can state now that these end items are going to be costly. I know that already I have spent a considerable amount of cash getting supplies so far. (And paying what I think is fair prices for them) Black smiths, I am also looking for bacon and will pay 30 each for them.

I understand all too well how it feels to have sacrificed being able to advance, as I should be doing that in 2 days time, however that cash need for the Scribe is now depleted. Hopefully I made the right choice to help in the event over advancing myself.
Last edited by Wyllow on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royce

Post by Royce »

*walks over toward Wyllow*

I am currently completing an order and have 2 other orders waiting so far. I, too am running into the same problem as Tana and do not have many roses.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Orion walks in and hears that this is getting more and more intensive. He also hears the town blacksmith waerth speech.

So that's why there are not so many items on the market anymore. But still, thanks to waerth to leave some things and selling buttered popcorn cheaper.

Then Orion hears about the problems with mason items....it seems there are enough masons but too few roses. He did not ordered anything but as he saw some face paint in the market, he just snatched them faster then others.

Perfect, i have completed phase 1! Orion said. He also was sure the elder creatures have this completed some time ago, but wondered if other new creatures of Widu were having any luck on it too?

That was so expensive for him. Orion had saved some frenzics for the Scribe so he could advance when he will be ready but now again was poor like most of the time. It was time to start saving it all again and try to win some more silver in the caravan. All other phases sure would not be easier. He was young but he still could help out somehow.

There were also some crates and down pillows in the market time to time. But he no way had money for phase 3 items and just tried to do one phase at a time. Orion saw some cheese on the market but despite having so many butchers in Widu - never he seen any bacon. It also be great to get some Brocoli Stems, which are needed for phase 2 and for phase 4.

I am still a lvl 1 and can't help with producing any end items needed for the quest, but i got my 2nd vegetable field and i am also putting potatoes & potato skins on the market for bakers and millers. Of course some traders got part of it too. I think we can do it, still 147 days to go.