Texas_Knight running for Mayor of Widu...

Moderator: Community Team

Texas_Knight

Texas_Knight running for Mayor of Widu...

Post by Texas_Knight »

Hello citizens of Widu, our Town Market seems stagnant imo. Agree? Here are some ideas to solve and make the market a more thriving one:
a) new citizens this is done by having a town people want to move to and call home.
b) More items from other towns
c) More active trading between towns
Our Town Hall wealth is alright, but needs improvement. We should work together to make the Town Hall financially secure.
Grow Our Town Citizenry. This will be a win/win situation for Widu as a whole but will stimulate market sales and make our town a more fun and interesting place to live. Do you know anyone who may enjoy coming to live with us from another kingdom or another town? Perhaps we may consider a competition with this and even giving the winner a trophy. Think about this, friends.
Town Resources and Supplies Needed...
As you know our town is an Orchard so maybe once or twice a week you may sell some of your orchard pickings to the town hall for a reasonable price so we may make trades for extra wood, etc..
As Mayor, I would like to work with people to get up a couple wood chopping groups to travel to chop wood for us so we do not spend big prices on wood.
We have a great Basilica and I would do I can to help it continue to grow in it's prosperity aiding all citizenry of Widu.
Another goal is to aid Bridget with her mentoring as mayor. I would reach out to new citizens to also assist them in any way possible.
Also, let's consider a Halloween Carnival for our kingdom as a whole in the forums, ok? Are you game for some fun and interesting booths in the forum? Let's start planning this great adventure together now so it will be a grand success!
As your mayor, I assure you I will do all I can to make Widu, you and the kingdom as a whole a more fun, prosperous and happy life for everyone!
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Wyllow

Re: Texas_Knight running for Mayor of Widu...

Post by Wyllow »

a) new citizens this is done by having a town people want to move to and call home.
All things considered, I would be greatly interested in hearing how this should be attempted. From my observations, there isn't a great deal of friendliness in Widu unless you fit in to the 'clique' that runs the place. I find that quite sad actually, because I would love other people come to call Widu home, but unless something drastic changes, I can see people leaving rather than sticking around.

What do you plan to do to change that?
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

Well Wyllow. I guess some of the citizens need to start spending more time in the taverns and meeting the new creatures that come to the lands. Less thinking and more doing.
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder looks blankly at TK for a moment, and then smiles "If yeh can do it, I'll buy yeh a drink."

"But if I'm honest, I don't think yeh can... We've all tried, and it just don't work... people aren't interested... still, if yeh can do it, I'll be real impressed like."
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Some have moved... But generally because they got married or engaged or whatnot. That doesn't mean it's impossible though!
waerth

Post by waerth »

"More items from other towns"

This is where you lost my vote. It is better to stimulate our own citizens to populate the market with Widu made goods. I fear for having blacksmith items imported by you so that is why I voted for Braken.

W
Krail

Post by Krail »

I'm glad you'll be continuing the work I've been doing ! You or Braken !
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

Waerth,

In order to get items from other towns, we have to give them some of our goods. It's called trading. I assumed every creature understood that as it was implied.
waerth

Post by waerth »

Read my part about having items imported that I can make.

I prefer having locals make goods. Off course if you speak about trading for raw materials, I am all in favour.

Congrats on becoming mayor. Hope you will be doing a good job.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

I wouldn't stress it so much in the sense of Blacksmith Items not that I think he will outsource. Nobody can beat your prices, I am a blacksmith and I can't beat your prices. I think the Lycan Orc meant that mostly on the stuff that can't come from Widu for example fish, other fruits besides oranges, wood, broccoli (and stems who only come from Bravia) and so on so forth. From my understanding he wants Widu to have everything which is a good ambitious goal that could help citizens locally a lot as well.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."