The Life of a Demi-Goddess

Moderator: Community Team

Adrianna

Re: The Life of a Demi-Goddess

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna took a deep breath as she turned back towards the dark haired woman. "If you listen to what you just said then you'd realize that you have trust issues...Those trust issues are the reason you isolate yourself and put your job before anything else...Do you want to know I learned from watching my best friend...A life of isolation is a life of misery...Those trust issues that you have are the reason that you are so quick to dismiss me...It's clear that you aren't willing to give me the chance to prove myself so why don't you take me to your Queen and let her decide" she said as she leaned against a tree with her arms crossed. "Let me ask you something...The men that serve under you...Do they respect you because they fear you or because they genuinely think that you are a good Captain" she questioned as she looked the woman in the eyes.
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

She growled lowly as she listened to the woman's words, "I'm not dismissing you. I just don't trust people easily. Maybe your friend was miserable but that doesn't mean that I am too. You say you don't judge people but you are judging me right now. I've gotten along just fine without having a personal life. Maybe I just like being alone, did you ever think of that?" She took a deep breath as her anger was boiling up from the woman's words. She thought to herself, "Who does she think she is? What business is it of hers anyway on what I do with my time." She grumbled as she finished speaking, "If I was dismissing you I would have recalled the offer but I have not done that plus the Queen has the final say not I." As she heard her words they cut deep about what her guards felt about her. She took a few seconds to think about her question but she was saddened when she realized that it probably was the first but didn't know if she should admit it to this stranger. She was already ticking her off by her boldness. She didn't feel comfortable admitting the truth to her so she thought she would just snarl, "What does that have to do with anything? They work for me that's all that matters."
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna pushed away from the tree and walked towards the dark haired woman with her arms still crossed. "You say that I'm judging you...Well I'm telling you I'm not...Like I said I'm good at reading people...I can tell just by looking at you that you've been struggling for a long long time and do you want to know how I know that...It's because I was the same way from the time I was 7 years old until I turned 17" she replied as she looked the woman in the eyes. "You told me you are the Captain of the Royal guard...That position is only given to those who have gained the Queen's trust...She's trusting you to lead her guards and she's trusting you to make sure she is protected at all times so if your men only follow you because they fear you what's to stop one of them from approaching the queen about their feelings...Being able to protect the queen isn't the only quality a bodyguard should have...A bodyguard should also have compassion for those who are struggling...A Captain should be fair and honest to the men who serve as the royal guard" she responded as she took another step towards the dark haired woman. "What would you do if you were to come across a young orphan stealing food because he didn't have anyone to take care of him???Protecting the Queen isn't the only job you have...You're also responsible for protecting her people as well"
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

She stepped back as the woman stepped forward looking at her as she asked her question and chuckled when she answered herself but she knew she was going to do that. She really didn't want to hear her answer but didn't think she had any choice in the matter. The woman was annoying to say the least. She grumbled as she listened to her and got angry when she knew she was struggling with something. She didn't understand how she could possibly know that but she didn't like that she did, "How dare you to presume that you know me." She backed away as she came closer not sure of her intentions but she didn't like her getting into her space.

As she listened to her on how she should do her job she growled at her
, "So you know how to be a Captain now. I have good men under me and they would do no such thing. I know exactly how to do my job." She thought about the word compassion. That was a feeling she wasn't accustomed to. Growing up she was trained not to feel. She knew her job and that was to protect the Queen. "I don't know what I would do. I suppose I would feed the child because that is what my Queen would do."
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna took a deep breath and looked the dark haired woman in the eyes. "Well since you are so determined to be on the defensive even though I'm merely trying to have an honest conversation why don't I show you how it was for me before I had someone show me that Isolation wasn't the only path to take" she stated and she looked into the woman's eyes. Adrianna uncrossed her arms as energy began thrumming through her. Her eyes began glowing and all at once her past began playing before her.

The rain was pouring as Adrianna walked through the trees. Less than a week had passed since she discovered who her mother was and she still didn't know how to take it all in. She'd been on her own since she was 7 years old and her mother chose her 17th birthday to reveal herself. Anger swelled within Adrianna as energy began to thrum through her. A ball of energy formed in her hand and she threw it as hard as she could blasting a hole in the middle of a tree trunk. She conjured several more energy balls and threw them one right after the other as her anger kept building. The next thing she knew a blond haired woman had dropped in front of her.

"You know if you keep up like that you'll end up hurting someone" the woman stated and Adrianna rolled her eyes as she turned away from the woman.

"You don't know me so why should you care what I do" Adrianna questioned as she conjured another ball of energy and threw it as hard as she could.

The blond haired woman crossed her arms as she walked towards the young girl "I happen to be the guardian of these woods...My name is Salori and you are currently on Amazon lands...What is your name" the woman questioned and Adrianna took a deep breath as she turned towards the woman.

"Look I don't need your help...I'm doing perfectly fine on my own so why don't you mind your own business" Adrianna stated as she kicked a rock across the path that she had been walking on.

"Well if you continue on like this you're going to wind up getting yourself into a lot of trouble one day...Before you know it the trees won't be what you take your anger on but innocent people...So why don't you come with me to my village and I'll teach you how to project your anger into less harmful situations" Salori responded and she began walking through the trees ahead of the young woman.

Adrianna rolled her eyes and begrudgingly followed the woman with her arms crossed. She didn't understand why she was following her but figured she might as well humor her for the time being.

The memory ended and Adrianna's eyes returned to normal. She took a deep breath and crossed her arms as she waited to see how the woman would react to what she had just seen.
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

As she looked in her eyes, she raised her brow as she mentioned showing her past to her. She stepped back as she stepped forward unsure what she would do and started to get uncomfortable. First she was bringing up things she didn't want to think about and now this. As she looked in her eyes, her eyes widened when she saw them glow. Suddenly she couldn't look away and was frozen where she stood. She saw the images and sighed deeply. She couldn't believe that would be her. The months that passed had been hard but she was working through it. She didn't need anyone. She was satisfied with her life why couldn't this woman see that.

As the woman's eyes returned to normal, she looked at her
, "I....don't know....what to say." She was speechless and void of any feeling but that was nothing new.
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked down at her feet "How about we do this...Take me to your queen and let her judge whether I'm fit for the job...If she finds that I'm right for the job then you can see for yourself how focused I can be on protecting the queen and still have time for myself" she responded and she whistled for her horse. Several minutes later her horse trotted forward and she climbed up onto the saddle. "You don't have to decide right away...I'll be staying close by if you decide that I'm worthy of meeting the queen" she said and she nudged her horse forward without another word. She rode through the trees for several miles and soon found a cave. She nudges her horse into the cave and climbed out of the saddle. Adrianna created a firepit with a wave of her hand and got a fire going. She then began setting up camp for the night knowing that she'd need plenty of rest before training again the next day.