The Life of a Demi-Goddess

Moderator: Community Team

Adrianna

The Life of a Demi-Goddess

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna took a deep breath as she breathed in the morning air. She'd just arrived in Widu, Kiene and was hoping that it could be a permanent place for her to settle down. She nudged her horse through the trees and soon reached a clearing. Adrianna climbed off her horse and secured the reins to one of the trees before walking into the middle of the clearing. She'd been riding for days and wanted to get some training in. She took another deep breath and with a wave of her hand several armored dummies appeared throughout the clearing. Adrianna closed her eyes and spent several minutes emptying her mind of every distraction. Once her mind was clear she pulled her bow-n-arrow out of her quiver and readied it. She focused on one of the dummies and let the arrow fly. Adrianna watched as it hit the dummy square in the chest where the heart would be. She then conjured a ball of energy in her left hand and threw it at another dummy causing it to explode. She sighed and pulled a dagger out of the loop on her left boot. Adrianna was about to throw the dagger when she was suddenly distracted by a flash of blinding light. She looked over and took a deep breath when she saw a tall dark haired guy standing before her.

"What do you want with me...In case you haven't noticed I'm kind of busy" she questioned as she returned her attention back towards the practice dummies before her.

The man chuckled as he leaned against a tree with his arms crossed. "I just came to see how advanced my nieces training has become" he responded as he looked up at the young woman before him.

Adrianna took a deep breath and turned towards him as a wave of frustration swept over her. "I don't know what you are talking about and I would really like to get back to my training" she stated as she once again turned towards the practice dummies and tried to regain her focus. She took a deep breath and threw the dagger as hard as she could sending it pelting straight into the head of one of the practice dummies.

"I know that you are my sisters daughter...I'm the only one she ever told and she's the one that asked me to check up on you...She wants me to start training you but as I can see you've pretty much know everything there is to know about weapons so I'll just train you on using your powers...Meet me here tomorrow at noon" the man replied and he disappeared in another flash of blinding light.

Adrianna sighed and shook her head as she summoned her dagger back to her. She put it back into her boot and conjured another ball of energy in the palm of her hand. She threw it at another dummy and quickly readied her bow before releasing another arrow. As the day wore on she continued training alternating between weapons and her powers. She was so focused on her training that she soon lost track of time.
Rebekah

Re: The Life of a Demi-Goddess

Post by Rebekah »

The Queen's personal bodyguard and head of the Kiene's Castle guards decided to patrol around the borders of Widu today. She got her stallion from the Royal Stables and smiled at the Stable Master. He had her horse saddled and ready to go. She hopped onto her saddle and took the reins. Shaking the reins her stallion began to gallop passing by the Waterfalls and then the huge orchards. She smiled as the aroma of the oranges penetrated her nose.

She saw a path that she had not come across before and followed it. There were long branches hovering over the trail as her stallion trotted along the path. She pulled the reins back tightly when she heard some movement nearby. Hopping off her stallion she tied him to a tree and went to investigate the noise. Quietly walking as to not ruffle the leaves on the ground, she saw a clearing and what look like a woman training. A grin formed on her face as she watched her train. She thought she was quite good. A man came near the woman so she hid behind the huge bark to investigate further. He disappeared into a blinding light and it startled her. Rebekah moved quietly into the clearing once her eyes adjusted to her surroundings again. Testing the woman in a cold voice she exclaimed, "This is private property what are you doing here Miss?"
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna had just finished cleaning up the mess from the dummies and was in the process of freshening up when she suddenly felt a pair of eyes on her. Less than a minute later she heard a cold voice coming from behind her. Adrianna stiffened and listened to see if she could hear any movement behind her. Not wanting to give the person a chance to attack her from behind she closed her eyes and disappeared in a flash of blinding light. When she opened her eyes she was standing behind a dark haired woman. She slowly withdrew the dagger from her boot and silently took a step forward. "You have about three seconds to tell me how long you've been watching me and why...I wouldn't lie if I were you because I can tell when people are lying to me" she demanded as she aimed her dagger at the woman on the horse. She'd learned a long time ago not to trust those who spied on her because they always meant harm.
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

As soon as the woman disappeared she grabbed her dagger from her sheath and spun around to find the woman in front of her. She growled hearing her tone and thought this one is fiesty. "First of all my name is Rebekah, I am the Queen's personal guard and Captain of the Royal Guards. I was patrolling the area when I heard some commotion. I've only been watching you for a few minutes but you have some great talent. I could talk to the Queen about a position for you if you are looking for a job and if you are interested I would advise not to talk to your future boss like that again."

She stood back tapping the blade on her side waiting to see what the woman would do next.
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna lowered her dagger just the slightest bit and took a deep breath as as she forced herself to remain calm. The woman had offered her a job but she wasn't going to back down as easily. She wasn't about to let herself be lured into a false sense of security only to be stabbed in the back when she wasn't looking. "Well seeing as how I'm wanting to make a permanent residence in Widu the job offer is something I'd like to consider...However there was no reason for you to be so hostile...That is the reason I reacted the way I did...You don't just sneak up on someone like that and expect them not to react to it...For all I know you could have been someone that wanted to harm me...I've been on my own since I was 7 years old and I've had to learn the hard way who is friend or foe so excuse me if I don't take kindly to people sneaking up while my back is turned" she responded as she lowered her dagger just a little bit more. "I didn't come to Widu looking for trouble and I'm not to be blamed for my reactions when I'm caught unawares"
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

Rebekah didn't appreciate her attitude one bit. She looked her in the eyes, "Listen, I didn't sneak up on you. It is my job to make sure the Queen and her castle is well protected. For as I could know is you were bandits so excuse me if I didn't just walk in on you like you were one of my friends. I have to be careful also so I suppose that puts us at an empass but if you don't want the job I can leave." She frowned as she began to walk away disappointed at the woman. It would be the last time she offers anyone a job again. She mumbled under her breath, "...ungreatful people."
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

At hearing the woman's words Adrianna flared her nostrils angrily as her eyes began to glow brightly. She disappeared in a flash of bright light and appeared in front of the woman once again with her dagger gripped in her hand. "How dare you...You don't even know me...You already knew that I wasn't a bandit because you had been watching me so don't try to give me that...Why in tartarus would I come to Widu just to cause problems...I just told you not two seconds ago that I didn't come here for that purpose...Let me give you a little history lesson...My father was murdered right in front of me and I had to teach myself how to fight...Do you know how hard it is for a 7 year old girl to take care of herself...It's not easy so excuse me for not trusting people easily...I didn't find out until I was 17 years old who my mother was...In case you didn't hear me I said that I'd like to consider your job offer so don't you dare call me ungrateful...I didn't attack you did I...No I did not, I was only prepared to defend myself...I may have trust issues but I don't go around being hostile to people I've just met unless they pose a threat to me...Didn't anybody ever teach you not to judge someone before you have a chance to know them...I explained to you why I reacted the way I did...You snuck up on me and I felt threatened but I did not attack you...Now you are basically penalizing me for explaining my reactions...Maybe you should take a look at your own reflection before deciding whether I'm ungrateful" she stated as her eyes began to glow like a hot burning fire.
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

Rebekah stepped back when the woman appeared out of nowhere and growled lowly, "You really have to stop doing that." She growled listening to her go on and on about how hostile she was. If she really knew how hostile she could get she would never use that word again in her presence. She had been really working hard on her killer instinct and not letting it be who she was and putting it in the past. Now she had to listen to this woman who didn't know her either but it would seem their first impressions of each other turned out to be not so nice but she wasn't much of a people person anyways. She had a job to do and that was her life right now. She couldn't be bothered about being nice and making friends. She just didn't have time for that.

She let the woman finish speaking
, "I'm sorry for what you had to go through but my childhood wasn't the best either but you don't see me crying about it. Life is what we make it so forgive me if I'm not very compassionate right now. I'm not here to make friends. If I startled you than I apologize for that but I won't apologize for making sure you were not a threat. I don't know what makes you think I should have known that by watching you train. It's not like I see that everyday. So why don't you lose the attitude because it's getting old now." As she finished speaking, she sheathed her dagger and looked up to her waiting to see what she would come up with next.
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Adrianna took several deep breaths and clenched her fists as she forced herself to calm down. It seemed as if every time she tried to explain herself she just kept butting heads with the woman before her. She turned her back towards the woman and closed her eyes as energy began to thrum through her. "Maybe that's your problem...Yes we both had tragic childhoods but at least I learned how to let people in...You're so focused on your job that you don't make time for anything else...You're not the first royal bodygaurd I've met...My best friend was the captain of the royal guard in the kingdom I was in before...Her job may have been to protect the King but that didn't stop her from having a life outside the castle...She had her own life too but if she sensed that the king was in danger she was the first one there...I'm sure your queen appreciates the service you do for her but do you think she would want you to spend the rest of your life with her as your sole companion....If my friend hadn't been killed in battle I'd still be there but I came here...Yes I have trust issues but that doesn't mean that I'm not capable of trusting people...That just means that I get every facet of the truth before judging someone...I'm no empath but I can read people...That's what makes me so good at seeing who's friend or foe...If I thought that you were a real threat I wouldn't have made myself known to you the way I did...I would have attacked first, but I didn't...What does that tell you" she responded calmly as she put her dagger back in her boot and crossed her arms without turning back towards the woman.
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

She glared at the woman not liking the conversation but she waited for her to turn back around because she knew she would. She seemed to be one of those types wanted to have the last word, "I don't have time to let people in. I couldn't be bothered really." She sighed, "The Queen is my boss nothing more. I don't keep tabs on her personal life nor does she keep tabs on mine or the lack of so I have no idea what she thinks."

She began to feel uncomfortable about the conversation. She knew deep down why she kept people at a distance but she didn't want to think about that right now. She angrily retorted, "I don't have trust issues plus what does trust have to do with this instance."