Texas Knight is a failure as a mayor. I am leaving Kiene

Moderator: Community Team

waerth

Texas Knight is a failure as a mayor. I am leaving Kiene

Post by waerth »

Texas Knight is a failure as a mayor. He only works with his own group of people.

He is not making Iron available, even though I requested, which means I cannot make any items anymore! Which means the end of the cheap items I was making for our market.

And he is gathering popcorn and planning on making buttered popcorn available through other parties. I do not see why else he would want to gather popcorn.

I do not trust TK and after everything I have have done this is the last drop. I am leaving.

W
Calysta

Re: Texas Knight is a failure as a mayor. I am leaving Kiene

Post by Calysta »

Hello, Waerth,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble getting iron. I'm the new finance minister, and if you need iron, stone, or gold, you can always contact me. I should have checked the market to see what was available, but as I'm new, I made a mistake. I am sorry. I will put a grant together to get the resources you need.

Sincerely,
Calysta
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder hastily opened a set of books to begin looking up the representations of words on paper as he saw the latter and wrote what was probably the quickest letter he had ever written.
Hey, steel weaver.

Yeh know there are others of us in the council? Any of us can work teh get some stuff for yeh... yes, the mayor is the guy who should do it cause that's his job, but hell, if I have teh go dragging you iron from Spirus, I'll get you yer iron. Please tell me yeh haven't gone already... I mean, running things is hard enough without the best damn craftsman we have in Widu leaving on us.

Basically this is a totally selfish letter askin yeh not teh leave and tellin yeh that I'll try teh get you yer iron if yeh don't. I ain't rector right now, so I can go find things if need be. Or if yer going, feel free teh take seven broccoli stems with yeh.
Great. Just what he needed... Alder had just gotten back from Cork in his own attempt to help the town, and now he was just about ready to move back into his usual routine of building his own strength when he had found out that yet again, Kiene was going through a problem that nobody else wanted to fix. And yet again, he would try to sort it out... He handed the messenger ten freznics of his own money to go run down the blacksmith and hand the letter to him, then he began to write another few letters.

He had told the old mayor that he would do something for him, and he was damn well going to do it... whatever the cost, he would keep Kiene standing, even if he had to attach it to strings, climb the tallest thing he could find, and then balance on top of its thinest point whilst holding the whole damn VR up by said strings.

Although really, there was no way that he could do that on his own... after all, he needed somebody to give him something to climb and somebody else to give him a source of strings. Kiene didn't just need him, it needed many others... and one of those that it needed was that blacksmith.
waerth

Post by waerth »

A tired messenger came stumbling through the door, he had a letter for me. I sat the messenger down and had Sarah (my steward) fetch some bread and water for the creature. After reading the letter I got a smile on my face. Good old Alder. I looked at the messenger and asked:

"Can you take a message back to Alder ..... and oh no need to rush this time"
"I will give you whatever the old man paid you"

"ermmm that was 10 Frzsies"

Somewhat shocked, but nevertheless bound by my word I scribbled a letter and gave the 10 frezzies to the messenger. He is probably drinking in a nearby tavern by now!
Dear Alder,

I looked at my inventory and realized I could not leave no matter what. My inventory is so huge of goods I bought up I could never move it too another town. So I will stay. I will actively campaign against the current mayor though.

Thanks for the broccoli stems you bought! They will be made into buttered veggies soon! I am also looking for some salt and more of these.

Greetings the Smither
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder received the message and raised an eyebrow at the fact that somewhere, the man had gotten another 10 freznics. He had expected the steel weaver to be somewhere out towards Fenia or Bravia by now and so had paid the messenger to go run to him... now apparently, he had had a leisurely stroll back and had earned the same amount... Huh.

Ah well, the result was the same, and with it being such a favourable one, Alder couldn't help but slump down next to a wall and start laughing. Well, that was one problem out of the way.

Quite honestly, the mayor of Widu could change and nothing would matter too much so long as they did a good job, but training another craftsman who could create prices lower than anywhere else? Well, that was something that gave Widu one of its few advantages over the other towns... yes, he liked TK, but the mayor and the person were two different things. The mayor could theoretically be replaced without harming anybody.

Now, he had said that he was going to get iron, so now he had to figure out how to do that... maybe if he just let a few traders know about the need, they would see it as a chance to make profit.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Dear Waerth,

Iron (and stone) is now on the market for anyone who needs it.

Sincerely,
Calysta
~
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Calysta caught wind that Alder had gone to traders seeking iron. She was confused why he had not come to her.

She spotted Alder later that day and said to him, "Good Evening, Alder. Please don't worry about the iron. I've placed some on the market."
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder didn't reply to Calysta, just quietly kept on fiddling with a coin in a corner of a street. Indeed, he seemed not to notice her at all, despite the fact that she was standing barely five feet from him.

To the boy, he saw nothing but the usual streets of Widu. No siren had come up to greet him, no person had asked him about traders... still, something was making him uneasy, like he might end up in trouble if he stayed around here...

He had considered this when he had first made this choice, but he had decided that the risk he was saving was worth sacrificing what he was getting rid of... and now it was far too late to go back on anything.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Calysta furrowed her brow and peered at Alder. He was acting so strange. "Alder, are you alright?" she asked with concern in her voice. She reached out to touch his shoulder.
Silence

Post by Silence »

Again, the boy didn't respond in the slightest. Why would he when nothing had happened? ((Would it be worth moving this to another rp thread?))