~Katie's Place~

Moderator: Community Team

Tuvoria

Re: ~Katie's Place~

Post by Tuvoria »

It had been a few days since Tuvoria had been a witness to Katie's baptism. He began to think about his own connection to the Mages and how it played in his life. Getting up early he penned a brief note to his wife, Wyllow, and headed out to his favorite spot in the meadow near the orange groves. As he dug his toes into the earth, closed his eyes, listened to nature's song, and felt the warmth of the rising sun, he knew it was time.
After finishing his meditations, he headed into town. Stopping by the Orange Blossom, Tuv picked up some pastries and headed to his sister-in-law Katie's to talk to her about what he felt was a renewed call on his life.
Hoping he wasn't going to be waking her, tuvoria knocks on the front door

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Katie

Post by Katie »

Katie was bounding upstairs when she heard the rat-a-tat-tat knock at her mill shop door. Twirling around, and be-bopping down to the door, she opened it. Discovering her brother-in-law greeting her with his winning smile, she backed up while she opened the door wider."Tuvoria!"Come on in out of the weather" she stated as she motioned for him to enter. He already knew her home was his home so formalities were unnecessary. Her enthusiasm for seeing him was revealed when she flashed her beaming smile in return, matching his own. "Is all going well with you and Wyl?" She had not seen Wyl for some time and hoped all was ok. Her smile quickly faded when Wyl crossed her mind.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"Thanks Katie. Wyl is doing fine. She is still mending and coming to terms with her new abilities. In fact she had me bring these goodies from her bakery."
Tuvoria paused as he handed his sister-in-law the basket he was carrying. Taking a deep breath he continued.
"Katie, my friend, I came here to see you as I feel the Mages are calling me to be closer to them. It has been something that has been working on me, even more so since witnessing your baptism. I want to discuss the concept of my being baptized. I would love it if you and my cousin Gawain could do it together. Well actually it would be more of a rededication. What are your thoughts?"

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Katie

Post by Katie »

Upon receiving the basket of baked goods and thanking him, she led the way up to her parlor while listening to him share all that was on his mind.

She sighed with relief when she heard Wyl was fine. Her ears perked and she listened closely when she heard him express what was really on his mind. He was interested in a rededication ceremony. Katie's lips curled upward with a gentle smile and then she asked a plethora of questions: "Tuvoria, weren't you baptized some time ago by Deacon Gawain? I think a rededication service would be a lovely ceremony. You are a blessing to our family, the cathedral and to Kiene and you are deserving of this special occasion. Also, I think that it would make for a very interesting service if Deacon Gawain and I were to officiate this event for you. Do you recall which potion you drank during your baptism? Although your baptism should always be valid, we have 3 potions today which are offered. I am sure you noticed the three potions during my baptismal ceremony, right? Was there a potion during my baptism which you wish you had partaken of during your own baptism? Also, since this would be a rededication of your baptism, perhaps I should send Harold and Gretel to summon Deacon Gawain here today for this discussion? Or do you prefer we wait before inviting him? I ask about including him now because I am confident he will have some wonderful suggestions to help make your dedication service very special. Keep in mind too that we could hold the dedication at the Cathedral and at your home or any where you would like. My baptism was held in the Cathedral and here too."

"Last but not least, I know your heart. I also know you live the faith of the Mages and Good Spirits through your words and your deeds. This is something I admire in you, Brother."
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

Quietly, she strolled through the entire loft home assessing everything and she checked that all windows were locked. With a last glance over her shoulder, she stepped out the door to the loft home and for a moment she paused as she realized this day had come. Katie stood their quite still for a long moment and then she closed the door behind her to what was once her Widu home above her mill shop. Deciding it was best to not tarry around the mill shop long, Katie, rushed down the stairwell and she called for Harold.

"Tis time, Harold. I am ready and so is Freya." Solemnly Katie and Harold locked up the bunkhouse and the doors to the Mill Shop. Katie hung a sign outside the door which stated: CLOSED

A New beginning and a new world awaits over the horizon.
banner by Aida j'Otun