Mapping Imperious

Moderator: Community Team

Jandar

Mapping Imperious

Post by Jandar »

Ladies and Gentlmen,

As mayor, I have ask Ramzunius of Maps and Machines, to visit our town and look into producing a map of Imperious to help the people here find it easier to find their way around town. Rather than blindly put something together he and I are both of the opinion that he should ask the residents a few questions as well as have all of you share in developing things so that all or at least most are pleased with the final product. This topic is set up for any discussions needed to put this all together. If necessary it can also serve as a placeholder to make finding the map easier, once completed. With that I will open this for discussion started with the mapmaker Ramzunius.
Ramzunius

Re: Mapping Imperious

Post by Ramzunius »

Dear Imperians!

Please, describe me Your town, giving me more details of landscape, before we start to settle the map. I arrived at night, so could see only the center of the town: Market square, Cathedral to the north-east and Town hall to the south-west. There are three roads, starting at the market place and leading to the Widu, Rome and Fenia.

Looks like there are mountains at the north? Do we have forest? Rivers or lakes? Where are placed University and VR Castle? Graveyard and Training ground?

Please, use the grid (coordinate system), it shows when You look at the map narrowly ((* just click the map*)).

The map isn't interactive yet, but I've started the new part of my machine. Hope, we will have it filled with Your houses, fields and workshops soon.

Ramzunius of Maps and Machines
Last edited by Ramzunius on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

We do have lots of forest surrounding the city , this is the primary wood source for the province after all. No lakes locally, but a river runs through town providing a water source.

Since I spend a good deal of time here , both as mayor and because my lands (Whitemarch) are located on the eastern half of the Duchy of Rome I have maintain a small manor near the city gate along the road leading southeast to Rome.

The capital of Fenia , and the castle are located in Fenia City not in Imperious. The University I feel is somewhat magical in that teachers and students alike from either town are able to attend classes. I suspect magical means allow students and teachers from either town to see and hear each other at the same time only in the buildings of education - which means an extension of the University extends into both towns by magical means that is tied to the castle. Because of that the classrooms can be entered from either town but the students and teachers must leave by the way they came in. That being said yes the University buildings (at least the 5 classrooms) exist in both Fenia City and Imperious. Magic is wonderful isn't it. That building does tend to have a bit of a magical presence almost glow to it I would think.
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Thank You!

I put everything on the canvas, now the map is almost ready. I still did not insert it into machine, so it is not interactive yet, but you can see surrounding forest (with harvest site fenced), mountains, the river, three roads, magic appearance of University and Castle and the place where our Mayor lives.

Feel free to make corrections (if needed) and command me, where Your property is to be placed ((* click the map, if You need coordinates*)).

I'll put the map onto machine, when at least two more citizen of Imperius add their places...

Ramzunius of Maps and Machines

GracieBells

Post by GracieBells »

I am not one bit a navigator, so please excuse my fumbling around this wonderful map.

Being the priest, I will need a parsonage or rectory with easy access to the Cathedral. I also would like my residence to have a lovely view of the river, as well as good daily access to the market. I am thinking 20.14 or 19.14 would be my choice. The one closer to the river would be my preference as long as flooding would not be a problem in the spring time. I leave it to the mapmaker to make the final decision.

If outbuildings are needed, I would like to have a stable with tack room, carriage house and orangery. Perhaps a small cow shed and chicken coop would be in order as well as foaling box and lambing quarters. I also shall need a carpentry shop. If this is more than I am entitled, I will be happy with what I am given.

Thank you for coming here to make this map for us.
Last edited by GracieBells on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

I probably have a mansion somewhere there... for security reasons it is dimensionally phased, its apparent location changes randomly. Because of that, it would serve little practical purpose to put it on the map, but if you like, for aesthetical reasons, you can place it at any point of your choosing.

((That is my way of saying I'm too lazy to decide its location. :lol: ))
Ladyblackhawk

Post by Ladyblackhawk »

I have not long moved here with my husband and children.
So I leave it up to you where you put our house.
We have a large house with stables , also I have my bakery.
Thankyou.
Misty

Post by Misty »

I would like my house at the edge of the forest and by the river (19.29) if that would be okay. I would also like a Masonry nearby and I have a field of potatoes.

Thank you for working on this map for us :-)
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Ramzunius put aside his tools, stepped back and looked over the machine. Looks good as for now. He decided to do more tomorrow. Now it is time for few letters.
Dear Ladyblackhawk, dear Kendor!

It is a pleasure for me to put Your houses onto the map, but please, be more specific as to place where You are living. Is it by the river, or by the forest? Which of roads is closer to You? By the way, You have only one avatar picture for two, so I'll repeat it for each property, how do You think?
Master of Maps and Machines wrote few more notices to Mazork (asking if his manor is placed properly) and Misty (with excuses and promises to add her house tomorrow).

He pinned short notice to the machine and went to the tavern for his rest.
Dear friends!

Fell free to command me, if some corrections (trees, ponds) are needed. Married pairs can be placed as close to each other as possible. As You can see, I'm using special symbols for houses of different levels, any kind of fields and workshops ((* click the question mark on the map *)).

Hope, You'll be proud of Your map and keep proclaiming it at every occassion ((* You can put the link at the signature, as me did *)).

((* map is clickable, it links to interactive version! *))
Ladyblackhawk

Post by Ladyblackhawk »

I think we live nearer the woods.
We both have workshops, our house it large, not quite a mansion....lol
If you think the same avatar is ok to use then I have no objection.