Training with a legend....

Moderator: Community Team

Lexi

Re: Training with a legend....

Post by Lexi »

As Aida made the formal introductions, Lexi was acutely aware of the scruntiny of the King's gaze and the brief twitch at the corners of his mouth, so quick it could easily have been missed. "Thank you, Your Majesty," she began, following Aida's lead in how to address the Monarch. "It would my priveledge to join you and Lady Aida." She spoke softly. Although she felt a little intimidated, having never formally been in regal company before today, she kept her head high and her eyes never left his during their exchange of pleasantries.

Settling herself beside Aida, Lexi poured herself some of the proffered wine. Bringing the goblet to her nose, she delicately inhaled the fragrance of the spices before taking a small sip, the liquid warming her throat as she swallowed. Her attention was drawn to Aida as that one proceeded to tell her about those duelling. Lexi nodded to acknowledge that she had indeed previously met Aingeal, although in truth she knew little of the details of her life. As for the one called Jandar, he was a stranger to her, but one who sounded like a decent fellow.

Her focus shifted to the fight that slowly progressed below them. Although her eyes were not on the King, who was now speaking to Aida, she was paying attention to the exchange between the two. It was evident that each held respect for the other, and their banter made their friendship apparent. At the direct mention of her name, she looked from the King to Aida and back again. "It is gentlemanly indeed," she said. "I thank you, Your Majesty, for your offer of protection." She hoped the heat she felt in her cheeks was not reflected in their colouring.
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

Jandar winced a little as Aingeal's staff smacked his thigh, but still managed to smile back at her (Even if the smile was a little crooked).

My dear, worry not I am not afraid to injure a lady under the right circumstances. In fact during that battle with Widu I was guilty of grievously wounding a lady on the other side of the battlefield before I myself was struck down a certain demonic whirlwind that day whose name I will not speak in our fair land.

Realizing he was in too tight of quarters to be able to strike, Jandar reached for his Sai at his waist instinctively. As his hand grasped nothing but air he hesitated a moment before stepping back to gain the space to use his longsword once more well aware that he would be wide open for another strike as her did so, but a light wound was better than getting smacked in the head. Making sure to lean back he keeps his head away from Aingeal's staff at least this time.

Next time we will try other tactics and weapons, but I am sure you will keep me guessing as well - such is the way of strategy.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal laughed softly at his antics. Pulling back to an arms length, she easily dodged the attacks that came her way. Giving a wave to those in the crowd she reached out with her staff to nudge Jandar on the shoulder and then buckle his knee. "I think you are out matched luv," she said wirly.

It was through no fault of his own that she was beating him, but only that he wasn't fully trained yet. She doubted their were many that were able to hold their own with her, and she closed her eyes in thought. Perhaps the King would like to spar, she thought to herself. She could always ask Anessen as well.

Opening her eyes and looking at Jandar she gave him a warm smile. "Do you give up yet?"
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

Aingeal was right about one thing, his chances of winning was negligible, in fact the chances of scoring a hit was pretty slim, it was obvious to both.

I do concede the chance of a win for me is out of reach, but the challenge was to serious wound. I will fight to that point if only to watch your strategies with your weapon in the hopes of learning a trick or two. I do plan to return for a rematch in the future after all my friend. Besides watching you jump around in those ... in that outfit is fun enough to make the pain worthwhile. ;)

With that Jandar tries a quick feint follwed by a riposte but is too slow to slip past Aingeal's quick spinning guard. He knows he is going to be sore for a week after this encounter, but accepts that fate and watches Aingeal carefully.