Training with a legend....

Moderator: Community Team

Aingeal

Training with a legend....

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal woke up to the sun shining and stretched her arms over her head. She could hear the morning babble of her daughter Amara down the hall, and slipped from the bed to go greet her daughter for the day. Anessen was still fishing in Fenia City, and Aing had spent a lot of time in her butchery making steaks. Kissing the top of her daughters curls she sat her daughter in her chair before greeting Rania who had breakfast ready. I will be heading to the arena this morning, can you watch Amara? she asked Rania with a smile. At the girl's acceptance, she left the pair up to get ready.

Opening this draw and that, Aingeal pondered on what to wear. Usually she put on all her gold armor and went full battle style. But this duel was a training duel, and she had said no magic or skills. Opening her bottom drawer, she found what she was looking for. Pulling the garment out of the drawer she shook them off and grinned. Amanda would be proud of this, she said, pulling on the well worn tiny shorts. Tiny shorts were always a joke with her and Amanada, and she smiled at the memory. Pulling on a gilet she sat on her chair, pulling her boots on one by one. Carefully lacing up her knee high boots, she tucked the extra laces into the top before going to sit before her mirror. Running the brush through her hair, she deftly braided her hair, the thick braid falling down her back to her waist.

Standing, she headed down the stairs, grabbing a staff out of the back closet. "Does Anessen know you are going out like that?" Rania called from the kitchen with a laugh. Anessen has nothing to worry about.. you know that Aingeal said with a grin. Besides, if I am not to use magic or other skills, then I have to have some type of advantage don't I? Giving her daughter another kiss she headed out to the arena. Once there she began to stretch, thinking what fun this was going to be.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Jandar

Re: Training with a legend....

Post by Jandar »

Jandar woke up early to try and mentally prepare himself for today's duel, starting by dunking his head in a pot of cold water to make sure he was fully awake.

We agreed no armor except boots to protect our feet, so lets see ........

Glancing through his very slim wardrobe he realized he had nothing except his armored leggings that weren't just rages anymore. He called for his steward Kim, sending her down to the market to grab some basic leggings to wear to "protect the essentials" Removing his rings and making sure his orb was locked away so it did not follow him, he grabbed his longsword he had started training and without thinking tossed his longbow over his back.

Realizing he has no belt sheath he simply carry the sword with him, and sets out to the arena. He considers stopping to visit Gracie to maybe get a kiss for luck but knows she will chide him for not wearing armor today.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal got there a bit earlier than Jandar, and she loved having the place to herself for a few. This particular spot was out of the way, one of the rarely used spot as it was near some of the ruins from Project's reign. A portal had caused a fair bit of destruction, but Aingeal felt at peace here. To her it was home. Aingeal hoped that Jandar received the directions that were sent to him, and didn't have too much trouble finding her.

This should be fun, she said out loud to no one but herself. Using her staff as a balancer, she placed the staff across her shoulders and stretched slowly. The unused muscles in her back and her abdomen tightened and a soft groan passed her lips. Her shoulders tensed and she frowned, before trying to stretch again. Slowly the muscles in her shoulders, back and abdomen started to loosen, and Aingeal felt more like herself. Going over to on of the benches she began to stretch her legs, using the staff to balnace herself and put one leg up, then the other, stretching her body over and towards her foot, feeling the tension began to leave her legs as well.

Aingeal began to hum as she continued to stretch, waiting for Jandar to arrive.
Aida

Post by Aida »

Who doesn't like a good duel? Whilst not being a terribly keen fighter herself, there was something rather exciting about watching others fight. But perhaps that was true for most, after all, the arena constantly had a steady supply of spectators filing in and out watching the day's duels. A large man with a bellowing voice was taking bets from the peasants in the lower seat, who were laughing at the antics of juggler who had come to peddle his talents to the ever-changing crowd.

Aida shuffled into the stand, excusing herself from several bored looking minor nobles, who stood to let her pass. It wasn't often she had the time to come here, but today it seemed there was very little to do at the castle. And perhaps, she thought, stopping to buy a hot pie from a bored looking goblin merchant, she might even pick up some tips.

Settling in the box, high above the arena and away from most of the milling crowd, Aida spotted Aingeal below in the arena. Setting her pie down and shielding her eyes from the sun she watched her stretch in preparation for Jandar's arrival and hummed to herself, the wind whipping up her loose hair as she waited for the opponant to arrive.
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

The leggings that Jndar's steward had ran to the market to pick up so he had something to wear to this duel chafed his thighs and other areas that made it very uncomfortable to walk much less move around. He hoped that once the duel started he would quickly push the discomfort out of his mind. Perhaps he should have chosen a weapon he had more skill in rather than his new sword. It was a good weapon but he still had much to learn with the fighting style. As he approached the arena of choice he straightened up and walked in the best he could, ignoring the pain from his legs and forcing a smile on his ugly mug.

Seeing that Aingeal was already there and comfortably stretching he made a show of sighting down the blade of his longsword at her. He then gave her a bow, took a knee with his sword in his hand and attempted to meditate in the time left before the fight to force the distraction from the poorly fitting leggings as well as the very skimpy skintight outfit that his opponent seemed to have glued to her skin.

Jandar shook his head to try and remove that last stray thought to think about the duel and tactics, finally gazing at his sword for now instead, even though his kept catching his thoughts wondering if such tight shorts also chafed like his leggings. So much for his meditative preparation of his inner self for the fight..
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

Public appearances that was on the agenda today, it had been suggested to him by the Lady Aida that he should leave the confines of the castle to make his image known to the people, and thus today, a duel had been scheduled and he would attend. He slowly made his way up the staircase, toward the raised stands, scowling somewhat at the decay and rot which littered this once fine wooden palace that had been designed for the nobility of Fenia to have their own stage from which to watch duels, jousts and other athletic feats. It was but a relic of it's former self, however he hoped that todays duel, and his own appearance might encourage more visitors and more duels, thus increasing the revenue of this old establishment and encouraging new investment where it was much needed.

Today Zuan had favoured a black and gold doublet lined with small obsidian crystals and gold pieces that reflected the early morning light as he strode up the staircase. He wore matching black breeches and riding boots, slightly muddied from the travel to the venue. Over the top of his he wore a fine velvet black cloak which was lined with black bear fur around the collar and embroiled with golden thread, the back of the cloak billowed in the wind as he finally reached the top of the stand, where several lesser wealthy figures sat among the sea of empty chairs, however he noticed one in particular, it was indeed the Lady Aida. Smirking to himself that he had to pick this particular day, he slowly walked through the minor crowd, his steps creaking on the old wood, he then nonchalantly settled himself into the high backed oak chair that was next to a small table that held a bowl of fruit which was between himself and Aida. Helping himself to a ripe green apple, he turned his head to look over at Aida and muttered.
A fine day for a duel. If I was to say so myself. Before taking a bite out of the apple.
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Aida

Post by Aida »

She watched Jandar arrive, looking in fine form in a pair of new leggings. Something about him seemed uncomfortable, however, as he seemed to be walking a little oddly... but perhaps, she surmised, that was simply her imagination. She hadn't seen the Marquess for a little while, maybe he had always walked that way. In fact, there was something off about him in general today, and she stared at his forced smile and wondered idly if he was ill.

The wind picked up, causing her to brush loose strands of hair from her eyes. It had been a lovely day so far, and she had not thought to bring a cloak, something she began to regret as she shivered slightly in her black silk. They were about to begin, though, she thought as she watched from her position in the box, slowly picking away at the rapidly cooling iskir berry pie. The jester was taking a break on one of the beams of the stand, and the bell on his hat tinkled prettily in the wind.

She was halfway through said pie when a voice caused her to jump out of her skin.

"Sweet Mages," she exclaimed, with a mouth full of iskir berries, "You almost gave me a heart attack. Oh..."

She swallowed, rose and gave a curtsey as courtesy demanded, making no comment about how she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Greetings, Your Majesty. So, you took my advice! That's a very nice doublet, by the way. Timothy the Tailor has really outdone himself."

Taking her seat again, she gestured towards the arena with her spoon.

"It's about to begin. Any guesses on the type of injury that poor Jandar is going to come out with? The first malady will be his inner thighs, I reckon."

Scooping up some more pie filling, Aida shoved it into her mouth to hide her smile.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Finishing her stretching she looked around the arena, a couple figures up in the stands. Squinting a bit against the rising sun, she could make out Aida in the stands. Giving her a wave, she tried to see who was now seated besides her. Rubbing her eyes she thought perhaps she had overstretched and was caught in a dizzy spell. Aingeal blinked again. By the mages, she muttered to herself.... it was the King. Surprised by seeing him outside the castle or tavern, she about fumbled her staff before grabbing it with a firmer hand. Bowing ever so slightly to the King, she smiled when her head was bowed. Perhaps there was hope for Fenia yet, to go back to the old ways, the proper ways of a Kingdom. One step at a time, she said under her breath only for her own ears.

Turning to size Jandar up, she smiled at him, leaning against the staff holding herself up. His attire was interesting to say the least. I know mayoring in Imperius can afford you decent clothers, she chided, giving him a saucy grin. She gestured to the King. After all we do have an audience, Aing told him if he wasn't aware. Bending down to adjust the laces on her boot, she stood up and slowly walked towards Jandar. Are you ready for this? she asked, eyeing his sword and wondering how skilled he was with it. Nice weapon you have there, she said, slowly creeping closer. You do know how to use it? Aingeal couldn't resist taunting him just a bit.

Twirling her staff in her hands, the staff was comfortable in her hand. Taking another step towards Jandar she lunged, bringing the staff up and around, aiming for the side of his thigh, with miminal effort.
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

He turned to observe her as she responded and gave a soft smirk in response to her near panic attack. Taking another bite from the apple, he listened to her words as he observed the scene below, he nodded in the direction of Aingeal as she bowed towards the stand. Before turning his focus briefly back to Aida before the conflict was due to begin.
"Advice is sometimes best taken, else there is no point for a council no? Some advice is petty and foolish, other holds merit, the fact you're my second in command, and hold the lands you do are testament to what side of the coin you fall on Lady Aida. The question however is how we drag the rest of the world from the shadows, I after all, am only one man." He appreciated the views of the Lady Aida, for it was her advice he valued most, she had proven her loyalty to the kingdom and had been rewarded as such. They did not always see eye to eye, yet it was that which he valued most, yes men would quite often end up dead men, along with their king. He needed critics, and better to have them in private than public. "These garments are actually from abroad, gifts from the envoy from Bercaria. So it mused me enough to wear them for this little public gathering. Who knows, I may have to inquire after more.

His focus turned to the Lord Jandar, and a laugh left his lips as he observed the man boosted somewht by Aida's commentary of the situation. He turned to her and shook his head slowly "Oh my dear Lady Aida, you are mistaken, he has already suffered his first injury. His pride." He said again with a knowing look, before taking another bite from the apple, now eagerly waiting for the combat to begin.
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Aida

Post by Aida »

She grinned, "Trust you to become philosophical even when we're supposed to be enjoying a little entertainment. But whilst we're speaking of dragging the world from the shadows, I would not underestimate what a single man might do, especially one such as yourself. Not that you are alone in this, but allow me to share a little wisdom about defeating shadows from the Cathedral: Do not shine the light so brightly it blinds."

She smiled brightly and popped a grape in her mouth, savouring the taste whilst surveying the King's clothing once again as he spoke. She had a sudden urge to see whether those obsidian crystals pinged, and filed away the thought to tell Dahlia later.

"The Bercarian envoy? Surprising, I always thought he was a rather dour little man. Perhaps someone in his entourage has better taste than him. You know his wife is having an affair with the Surxian ambassador? Scandalous."

She watched Aingeal make an expert move with her staff, envying her ease with the weapon.

"Looks good, doesn't she?" She commented, tilting her head to watch and snorting at the King's comment, "Oh, now. I think he looks very handsome in those leggings. I must be sure to make him up some soothing ointment, though..."