The Lake Trail (Home Thread)

Moderator: Community Team

Vulkan

Re: The Lake Trail (Home Thread)

Post by Vulkan »

"Well, we can do the checks later. First, Dinner and maybe I should bring up the opening in the town council for a Rancher. Would working with the breeding of the towns Warhorses interest you at all sweet Myst ?"

Vulkan continued to make eye contact with Myst and was reasonably playful in response with her tapping of his hand with his own.

"I won't lie, Its nice for us to be in Private than within the Tavern of the Mysts"
Thanks for the signature and in memory of its creator Chelle (RIP)
Myst

Post by Myst »

Hmm it might interest me. Also give me something to do. I miss working in town actually. -moves back as the steward brings their food and smiles softly giving them a nod of approval before speaking again- Also it shouldn't take me away from my work with my potions and such, so it is good too.
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

As their food was presented, Vulkan would also sit back and once they were both set he would begin eating. It was good to get some properly prepared food in him and they sure beat eating travel rations.

Vulkan was happy to hear that Myst was interested in the role of the Rancher and hoped she would contact the Mayor regarding it.

It was rather nice to have a companion at his table as well...
Myst

Post by Myst »

-As it was some time later, she went looking for her companion, not finding him she left him a note letting him know to look for her as soon as he gets back, she has some news-
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan had found a letter left at his station, what he read from Myst was both a shock and a great happiness. Vulkan had put the idea of such a thing at the back of his mind before he met Myst and it had become something of most serious consideration ever since he had settled down with her even leading him to making a room specifically for the rearing of children in their residence.

With that Vulkan most certainly rushed back to the residence with all his might. Hoping that Myst would be there and not out on any errands!
Myst

Post by Myst »

-Myst is sitting at the dining table enjoying a light lunch when Vulkan had finally made it back home, she smiles up at him as he enters-

"Welcome home love, I do hope you have traveled well and had no issues? I also hope you received my letter as well and that is your reason for coming home now maybe?" -She holds out her hands to him waiting for him to take them-
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan was overjoyed to set his eyes on Myst, though when good news arrived there was likely also bad news around to. Vulkan, knew of such bad news and it was normally down to the actions of others. These were testing times indeed both at home for positive reasons and abroad for negative reasons.

Vulkan would take Myst's hands in his, maybe he was shaking with excitement or maybe apprehension and fear.

Responding to Myst, Vulkan would say "Yes Sweet Myst, such joyous news and thankfully we finished the Nursery Quarters. It is another growth to our relationship and while it brings its initial restrictions to the relationship while you are with child, it will soon bring great advancement."

Vulkan looked into Myst's eyes before letting out a soft sigh,
"However, these trying times even require a Sheriff to be called into service. Both by my title within Fenian state and my connections with King Zuan from ways before he became the Monarch of Fenia. With the recent criminal activity and escapees from Fenia fleeing to Widu. I am obliged to serve and even have inquired regarding the possibility of serving from home. I very well know Widu is and always will be firmly within your Heart. I can only best say that at least if I am there I am sure my eyes and voice can mitigate any harm coming to your friends. If it was even within the King's ability to release me from such service, I would more than happily sacrifice my coin, my title and even my runesword, I know he would not ask me given our circumstances unless he needed my swordarm, I am at whits end as it puts me between you, the woman I love and care for with all my spirit and between the almost blood-brother links between myself and the King forged many many years ago."

Vulkan knew this would be a heavy thing for Myst and especially at a time where stress was not an ideal. He was between a rock and a hard place, he very well knew the wrath of women after all. He and the King came to know each other due to the interests of the Mord-Sith Chelle in him and link between her and Scarlette, the mord-sith queen and her once pet now king Zuan.
Vulkan did not fear battle but much preferred the place upon the walls but he was assigned the border post as his noble lands and of course that brought further responsibilities.
Furthermore, he knew it meant much to Myst and Myst was of so much significance to him it brought him significant pain to have to be called into such service.
Myst

Post by Myst »

-She runs a hand down over her still flat stomach and lets out a soft sigh, a tear running down her cheek that she had no idea came forth, she wiped it away quickly before looking up at him-

Yes Widu will always remembered as home to me in my mind and heart, this pains me to no end, I know this is my home now, I came here for you. I Do not want to see anything happen to Widu or to the people there. It is not fair. I have to stand up for Widu. I was there for years, I was the Mayor for so long, I just can't help but sit and do nothing my love. That was my home.

-She falls to the floor crying now, feeling helpless for the home she had left behind-
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan felt pain, he did not enjoy bringing distress to Myst. He brought himself down to the floor to his knees as she cried. Vulkan would attempt to embrace Myst in a comforting manner if she would let him at such a stressful time.

"Sweet Myst, do not think of it as you doing nothing for I and You are connected. Where I walk even if you are not alongside me in physical form, you are with me in heart. Likewise, I hope you feel the same. I endeavour to protect all civil folk as best I can. I am a shield before I am a sword, please love allow me to be part envoy of you and the bastion required of me by the kingdom if this fragile state dissolves into something worse."

Vulkan felt pain in his chest and heart, pain he felt because he knew parts of his spirit were being pulled so incredibly hard.
Myst

Post by Myst »

-She wraps her arms around her love and cries softly as he holds her, hoping and praying to her goddess that everyone will be fine both from Widu and from here, for she does not like the fighting, plus she does not want her love to be in the middle of it. She looks up at him, placing a hand upon his cheek-

Please my love, look out for them, as for yourself. I would die if something happen to you. For yes my soul is connected to yours as is my heart. You and the babe will always be first in my heart, I am just broken hearted for the home that I have left and the people there. I thank you my love for what you have said and offered. That means so much to me, just as you mean so much to me. Just please, watch your back. Not everyone will watch it for you.

-She leans up and goes to place a kiss upon the cheek that she had her hand on-