*Imperius Mayor Office

Moderator: Community Team

Morghain

Re: Imperius Mayor Office

Post by Morghain »

Hello again, Imperius. My apologies on completely forgetting to remind everyone about the wood chopping day yesterday. Hopefully you guys had better memories and remembered to head out to the forest to chop wood.

We're on the home run with the game of "Capture the flag." I'd appreciate a concerted effort for a final push towards victory to avoid a backwards and forwards tug of war for Fenias last few flags.

You may have noticed that Fenia now has a new General by the name of Erland. With any changes in leadership, we get changes in leadership styles and overhauls in systems. If you would like to be a part of this next stage in the life of the Fenian Military, I encourage you to contact the General with your interest. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you and any brilliant ideas you may have to make our military a more cohesive and integral part of the Fenian life.

Our Sheriff, Vulkan has expressed a desire to develop a stronger and more structured militia system for the defence of our town and its surrounding environs. I'm sure he will appreciate any support offered in the establishment and maintenance of this programme. I'd like to express my thanks to Vulkan for the effort he's put into his office thus far.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to our Mentor, Tigerlily for all the hard work she puts into the care of our new residence and ensuring we are kept informed of the events and causes for celebration within our town. The help these two give me in maintaining our town are most valued.

Now for things concerning our market. There are some items I am especially interested in acquiring. Prices stated next to them are the maximum I will pay for the items to ensure that the town hall is able to make a profit on sales while allowing producers to benefit.

These ones I'm very low on so would very much like them as soon as possible:
Corn: 2.80F
Eggs: 3.50F
Steak: 14.50F
Chicken legs: 7.25F

Other items that I'm always interested in buying:
Wheat: 10F
Plucked chicken: 10F
Carcasses: 15F
Wood: 5.50F
Milk: 7.25F

As always, its always appreciated when we all work together to keep the list of field jobs advertised constantly rolling over as well as taking our turns over the course of the week to work at the mines. Our mine minister asked a while ago that we ensure that we choose first the iron mine as it is the one nearest us as well as the fact that the gold mine can be worked by Widu as well as us.

Once again, thank you all very much for your assistance. My office is always open should you have questions, suggestions or just wish to come and say hi.

~Morghain
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Minerva takes a peek at the Mayor's Office. She dare not disturb the busy Mayor. Instead, Minerva waved her magic wand and a cup of tea was seen near the Mayor with a note.
Dear Morghain,

You've been working too hard. Know that your efforts are noticed and appreciated. Enjoy the cup of tea. Lucifer is a lucky man to have you as a wife.

Elder Minerva
Then the Elder quietly left the Mayor's Office.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Morghain feels a brief breath of air before the delightful scent of a cup of tea fills the air. Looking around in puzzlement, she spots first the note and the steaming hot cup of tea then looks up in time to see the back of a retreating figure. Wishing to say thank you for the tea she calls " Excuse me!" and gestures to one of the nearby clerics to chase after the person. She may be busy, but she loved to have visitors and she was happy to stop to make time to speak with them.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

The eggs I have on the market are the last i have in the inventory. If people want to have eggs to juggle, I will need a big influx of eggs ASAP.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Greetings to you all once again, it feels like an age since I have written to you. Fear not, all is well! The responses to my requests for primary goods was most pleasing. I'm very grateful to those who pulled together to help me provide for the needs of the town. Keep it up! Its an ongoing system that requires a large degree of juggling and consistency so I appreciate all the help I can get.

There are a couple of things I'd like to make you aware of around our town and Viceroyalty.

Voting
As a means of keeping a finger on the pulse and allowing people to have a say there are options in the Town Hall and Castle where people can register their approval or disapproval of their civil servants. Please take advantage of these tools. You are able to register your opinion every 24hrs.

There is currently also a straw poll running in the Castle. It is the first of a number of polls that our Public Relations Minister will be putting forth. You are encouraged to log your opinion there too. If you wish to share more fully your opinions on the performance of the Privy Council, you are encouraged to write to the Public Relations Minister as he is the liaison between the people and the council.

For issues or comments you wish to make in reference to my own performance as Mayor, please either write directly to myself or to the Queen.

Imperius Militia
Our Sheriff, Vulkan, has issued forth a plea for volunteers to assist in the protection of the town. I beseech you all to take advantage of this opportunity to assist him.

Fenia Army
Very soon we will be seeing a big transition in the roll the Fenian Army has within our nation. Our General will be looking to recruit more loyal Citizens to be a part of our great nations military. In the mean time, could already sworn in soldiers please answer the order to report for the Roll call.

Tourney
There will be a Fenia Summer Tourney coming up, organised by our Public Relations Minister. Look here for more information: Tourney

Donations
Thank you to Ava, Miss_Malan, Haley_Rose and Misty for their donations

Wood Cutting
As always, Friday will be the Town wide wood chopping day. Your assistance there is very important to the well being of our town.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Greetings Imperius! Another week has passed and things are ticking along reasonably nicely. There are a few things I'd like take the opportunity to address.

Market
First up, the market. It has become more and more apparent that the Town Hall is providing a great deal of the items on our market. Although in the short term this may seem wonderful, it is not a good way to go for long term economic health and growth. I have said numerous times that I would like to see a more self sufficient market but as yet, I have not been satisfied with the consistency at which stock moves on our market to be able to take a more hands off approach.

Ideally, I would like our local producers to be the main sources of stock on the market whilst the Town Hall for the most part stock piles excess for seasons where items are scarce. Whilst the Town Hall is the main provider for necessary products, it is very difficult for me to put aside for future seasons. I would appreciate a broader seller base than we currently have.

Whilst on the topic of the market. I am once again getting low on corn and would like to purchase a lot more. I will purchase any that is put up at 2.80F each or left. Anything priced higher will be left on the market. Other items of particular interest are: carcasses (>15.50F), potatoes (>7.50F), wood( >6.00F).

Field discussion
There is a discussion in the Town forums addressing the current state of our field hiring and its on going repercussions to the economic health of our town. As the health and wellbeing of our town is a corporate responsibility, I would invite all of you to take part in the discussion. http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewtopi ... =40&t=6577

Woodcutting day
As usual, Friday is our day set aside for those who don't usually chop wood and who are not otherwise occupied to be able to gather in the forests to gather wood. We are the sole source of wood to all the towns within our Viceroyalty. The wood you gather not only goes to supplying our local workers but also towards upgrading the town halls and their walls. It is also used for the maintanence of our mines so every bushel that is gathered is very important.

Gem auction
There is an auction for an emerald and an uncut green gem in our forums. Emeralds have a defence bonus and can be used for accessories or placed into weapons. There is only a couple of days left of the auction and at this rate, both stones will be going out of town unless someone pops up from here. See here if you are interested. http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewtopi ... =40&t=6558

Straw polls
Our good Public relations minister has been setting up a series of straw polls. Your opinions are very important to us and the ongoing well being of the Viceroyalty so please take the time to participate. If you wish to make further comments, the door of the PR office is open.

Approval ratings
At the Town Hall and the Castle there is approval rating polls available. Again this is a means for you to have your say. Take advantage of the opportunities!

Summer festival and ball
The summer festival and ball is in full swing. Already it is very apparent that a lot of time and effort has been put into it to make it an event that everyone can enjoy. I would love to see more of our towns folk attending and make it an event to be remembered. The Festival and Ball threads are in the Viceregal Inn

Donations
Thankyou to these people for their donations:
Haley_Rose
Vulkan
Akantha
Smudge
ayla11
Tigerlily
Ava
Misty
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Town Hall shopping list:
Cow carcasses
Plucked chickens
Eggs
Hides
Steaks
Fried chickens
Butcher knives
Axes
Rope belts
Mint leaves

Council opportunity
We are currently in search of someone who is willing to be the new Public relations minister. Duties include daily appearances into their offices to ensure that the clerics are performing their duties. Regularly communicating events and information from the Viceregal council as well as administering the minigames etc. You would also be expected to take part in discussion within the Council chambers. If this role sounds like something you would be passionate about, please contact either myself or her Majesty, Queen Scarlette.

Minigame
A game of snag the flag will begin on July 1 at the Castle. Once again, to the winner goes the glory.

Gem auction
I will be auctioning two uncut green stones starting on monday. If you are interested in acquiring these, please keep an eye out for the auction in the Town Thread.

Mines
Its been slow going with people working in the mines of late. Its been awesome to see the number of wood being sold to the town hall as well the field jobs being taken in a prompt and timely manner. Please remember though that our mines are also an important resource not only to our town, but also to our Country. There are 7 days in the week so plenty of opportunity for each of us to take at least one day out of our busy weeks to put into the mine.

Once again, thank you all for your ongoing assistance in the care of our great city.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Greetings Imperius. You may have noticed that the Castle is a hive of activity at the moment with upgrades being done. Her Majesty, Queen Scarlette has invited all who are willing to participate in the renovation process. Opportunities to work on the castle are regularly posted on the employment board so please check there if you are interested.

Thank you so much to those who have consistently contributed to the health and well being of our market. Even with a number of our people away for one reason or another, our inventory and our market are in one of the healthiest positions that it has been in since I first took office. I would like to request that more fodder crops (corn and wheat), butcher knives, wood and cow carcasses be made available for purchase please.

With the renovations going on at the Castle, wood is being purchased from us faster than we can restock the Fair so I would greatly appreciate if willing bodies could make their way to the forests daily.

Thank you all!
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Imperius, thank you all for once again entrusting me with your care. I am most honored. The last term I have seen a wonderful increase in the range of goods regularly kept on the market which I have found very encouraging, please keep up your hard work.
As ever, I am in need of lots and lots of wood to be made available for purchase as well as hides, rope and bovine bones on top of the usual items that need to be regularly kept on the market for use of other citizens.

For those interested, I will be keeping an eye out for these items to purchase for the VR:
Helmets(Bone/Leather/Gold)
Shirts(Bone/Leather/Gold)
Trousers(Bone/Leather/Gold)
Shoes(Bone/Leather/Gold)
Shields(Metal/Wooden)
Swords(Longswords)
Daggers(Sais)
Staves(Quarterstaves)
Axes(Stone Axes)
BodyArmor(LeatherJerkin/HeavyChain)
Rings(Leather/Bone)
Necklace(Bone/Leather/Gold)

alas though, life should not be all work and no play. Our Peoples representative has set up a game of capture the flag for us at the Castle. There is currently a minor glitch with it but keep an eye on the mini games area of the Castle and be ready to take part in some good natured snatch and grab. I would also like to see some more community activity happening around Imperius, if any out their feel they would be skilled in organizing and running town wide events, I would appreciate the assistance. Please drop by my office or send me a letter with your ideas.

Thank you!
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Greetings Citizens and visitors:

I would like to thank Ava for her generous donations to the Volunteer Imperius Army, Lucifer and Jenny for the army points and to all those who joined with me in my army to get Imperius back to Fenia.

I can't be more proud than I am right now to be a citizen of Imperius and your Mayoress.

I'm still assessing what we need to keep Imperius prospering but if you have any suggestions or need assistance please send me a mail. My office is always open to you all.

Again thank you for your swift call to help Imperius.

Haley Rose Lancaster
Mayoress of Imperius