*Imperius Sheriff Office [ORP]

Moderator: Community Team

Vulkan

*Imperius Sheriff Office [ORP]

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan stood outside a door in the town hall inspecting it...

A door in town hall led to a humble and medium sized room. the door was a sturdy oak wood, with a worn iron handle in the far left of the center of the door, as well as a small sliding latch at its center what seemed to be there to put letters through, a pin in the front of the door had a small sign hanging from it saying Sheriff.

Upon entering Vulkan could see at first...

Inside the room there was a wool rug directly behind the door that lead to a old looking oak desk on a pine floor behind the desk you can see upon entrance a small but solid looking wood chair, at the back of the room there was a medium sized clear glass window that was about just over a meter back from the desk,that looked out onto grass and humble town buildings as bright light flowed through it. In the back left corner there was a set of drawers made of redwood with copper ball handles, in the back right corner there was what looked like a cupboard made of silver birch the doors of it where on brass hinges and with brass handles nearly the cupboard there was what looked like a small fireplace that was made out of small blocks of stone, with a small iron of about a foot high to most likely stop sparks coming out and setting the room alight and to stop small animals getting in there in the pit of the fire place there was char-coaled wood and ashes.

Vulkan approached the desk, putting his bag down on the rug and removing his Sheriff log and dropped it from a short distance onto the desk. It sent a shower of dust into the air and his face, Vulkan coughed lightly and wafted his hand in front of his face.

Vulkan turned around and looked at the walls next to the door they where bare but with a nail just slightly above the center of both walls, He thought he should find some painting to put there, exactly next to the left side of the door frame there was a candle lantern hanging from a hook, inspecting it Vulkan could see a small candle stump with a small wick remaining next to it was a small char-coaled stick that seemed to be obviously used for lighting the candle.

Turning back to the Desk, Vulkan walked round it pulling a bed roll from the back of his bag he put the rolled up bed roll next to the drawers, turning now to be behind to desk and the chair tucked in under it, Vulkan removed a bulging cloth from his bag, placing it on the desk and unrolling it inside it was a small glass vial of ink and a pheasant feather quill. Taking more items out of his bag and putting on his new desk where a roll of a writing skin, and a candle holder as well as a skin of ale.

Vulkan left the room to go to the market and see if he could purchase some candles, paintings, wood and sheets to be able to finish off the room and make some sources of light for the nights and sheets to cover the windows at night.
Thanks for the signature and in memory of its creator Chelle (RIP)
Vulkan

Re: Imperius Sheriff Office [ORP]

Post by Vulkan »

Returning to his office the new morning after staying the night in a local tavern, Vulkan returned to the office with a bag of goody's in his hands, stepping up to his desk he placed the bag on the top of it before carefully unknotting the strings and slow pulling open the bag inside it sat a few bushels of wood, and two candles, first taking one of the candles from the top putting his candle holder on his desk, taking out the 2 bushels of wood placing one of the strung bushels next to the fireplace and placing the next one behind the small iron cover, using his hands Vulkan rolled the logs out into the fireplace, reaching into his pocket Vulkan pulled out a sharp piece of flint, reaching round to the back of his belt Vulkan pulled out a small blade with a simple handle, bringing blade to flint. Vulkan began to try to light the wood.
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Eventually, after many attempts a shower of sparks came out one of which feel and began the fire, Vulkan opened the window of his office to help the fire. Writing up the last of his days reports he headed towards the door, before turning grabbing his sword and shield from the side of the fire and walking out with them for the days towns guard duty.
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan went to his desk, put his feet up on top of it and choose to relax for a bit with his log book out he began writing, He noted down the walls wear and tear and where and what might have to be replaced or repaired in the near future.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Making her way out of the Town Hall at the start of the new day, she decides to drop by and visit Vulkan in his new office. He'd been the Sheriff for a while now and she'd been quite remiss in visiting him or properly welcoming him. Instead, she'd settled for ordering the clerics to clear out an empty room to be his office. When she finally found where they'd put him, she was less than impressed. Rather than opening an office near to her own and Tigerlilys, they'd put him almost at the other end of the Town Hall. Getting to him required a number of twists and turns, which she found most inconvenient. Coming to his door, she is about to breeze in as though she owns the place, then remembers that that is not acceptable to do among the civilized population. So with the door partially opened and one foot in the room, she pokes her head around sheepishly and gives the door a half hearted knock.
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan took hes feet off the desk, quickly dusting off any dirt or muck that may have been on his boots that would now be on the desk, before putting the log down and the quill, Vulkan walked to the door before opening it. "Hello boss, didnt expect you to come down this far, what brings you to my office"
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Giving a nod in greeting, her response to his question is to give a dissatisfied huff "Vulkan, I came to properly welcome you to the office of Imperius' Sheriff and to thank you for the effort that you have put into your role already."

She tilts her head tot he side to peer behind him at the spartan room he'd been given, her scowl getting more pronounced as she returns her attention to him. "I'm sorry about the office you have been given. Who ever the fool that gave you this place will have his head gracing my trophy room whilst I suck the marrow from his bones by the end of the day. Would you like to be moved to something more fitting of your station? May I assist you in any other way?"
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

"o mayoress that wont be nessasary i love this room its a good place to work nice and small with a fireplace as well good window to let light in maybe a few modifications if needed i can do myself", steps back a bit "do you wish to view the room from the inside ?".
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

With a nod, she accepts his invitation. She lifts her hand and indicates for him to proceed her with the intention of steeping into the room and to the side so that she could evaluate the rooms security. She'd lived within civilized lands for some time now, yet old habits died hard. No matter how comfortable she got amongst people, she would always be wary of her surroundings. If she was entirely honest, she did not wish to stand to close to Vulkan either. Too often people had under estimated her and challenged her, at times unwittingly. She did not wish to be put in the position where she felt the need to take his life. It was so hard to find good help at times and he'd been such a good find for the town. As long as she kept her distance somewhat, he would remain safely on her "not food" list. "It would be my pleasure."
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Vulkan moved back to give the mayoress space to look around the small room that he had made his office, he said to the mayoress "this is where ive found a nice place to make my base of operations, i hope you approve of what ive done with the place." Vulkan felt anxious waiting for a reply