[ICNRP]The Imperius Greed Epidemic? (A public discussion)

Moderator: Community Team

Lorthem

Re: [ICNRP]The Imperius Greed Epidemic? (A public discussion

Post by Lorthem »

(OOC: IF I get the time this weekend Ill try to make us a spreadsheet that we can upload to google docs or something for newer people to use to help them figure out the best price to sell their goods for. They would enter the labor cost, and the amount harvested and it will tell them out much they would need to sell to break even and then they can adjust the pricing up from there to make their profit. Could be useful for those whom dont want to do the math. Though given that Lethe took the time to write out the formula already I might not bother. :lol: )

That is another reason why I wished to discuss the field situation. A new residents are already having to pay out large amounts for labor, but with the market prices arent making the ideal profit they could. Even with a small increase in costs we can offset labor expenses allowing a better quality of life for everyone be they a new resident or one whom has been here for years.

Even a small marginal increase such as hiking the average corn price from 3-3.20 to 3.30 to 3.60 everyone stands to not only earn a bit more, but the prices arent over the top. Also I was doing some thinking as to why items arent hitting our market. We have alot of people raising animals, and it may be possible that a large percentage of our wheat and corn farmers are also cattle and chicken ranchers whom may be saving their harvests to feed their animals. If thats the case we may want to do some math on current fields owned in Imperius to make some growth projections as far as the fields we need.

Im only saying this given that I notice animal goods are becoming a bit more steady then plant goods. But this could just be the way it looks to me?
Logo

Post by Logo »

A troll heard word of the discussion and followed it with great interest.

Izza excellish convesrication. iffy can be pardoneded a outsidertroll voice, imma like to offer opinings anna solicitate otherses opinings onna my thinkings:

Izza not bad inflation inna wages -- iffy izza 'companied by increases inna goods prices. They izza signs of prosperity, increasering wages anna increasering productivishes.

Managering markets anna caches of goodses inna VR anna town wareyhouses maybehaps izza counter-intuitive.
Inna circumstance of scarce labor, izza mistakey-thinking trying to be sustainering low goods priceses -- open storehouses to push them lower -- or shame producers into lower profitses by calling greedishy. Though izza common argument that such actions izza for benifish of new arrivals anna poorer creatureses, izza actualishy hurting those with the leastest cash reserveses.

Higher wageses anna goods pricings izza benefits to the poorer by making relatively cheaper the fixeded costs of progress inna realm ... thingses like buying fieldses, workshopses anna costses of higher-levely-statuses whats pricings do not change.

Izza sounder policy to support higher goods prices by usering public fundses (or royal cofferses) to clear low-priceded goods froma markets -- anna resell higher -- or store against seasonal changes anna future scarcities. Such tradings izza clear signal to producers ... an izza buying opportunishies ... appropriate investmentses of public (or royal) treasuries.

The troll bowed and sat to listen more.
As he did, Logo thought it might be helpful to update some previously reported data.

Begging pardons, izza for reference recent labor statistications from thissy troll's homey-town:
Last 10 Field Contracts:
- X hired X to work a _ Field for 26.00 Freznics
- C hired X to work a _ Field for 23.00 Freznics
- X hired X to work a _ Field for 24.00 Freznics
- X hired X to work a _ Field for 25.00 Freznics
- X hired X to work a _ Field for 30.00 Freznics
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Wow thats high wages.

I agree with our strange friend of here, and apparently I speak trollish :? absolutely did not know that.
Managering markets anna caches of goodses inna VR anna town wareyhouses maybehaps izza counter-intuitive.
Inna circumstance of scarce labor, izza mistakey-thinking trying to be sustainering low goods priceses -- open storehouses to push them lower -- or shame producers into lower profitses by calling greedishy. Though izza common argument that such actions izza for benifish of new arrivals anna poorer creatureses, izza actualishy hurting those with the leastest cash reserveses.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing the prices up to cover the price of the wages, and yes the TH prolly needs to ensure they price their goods at something a little higher, than what a wage would yeild. If the TH priced the goods at that level, they may also start being able to hoard for a rainy day, and if they end up selling those goods, then they made money enough to afford their loss, and gives the TH enough financially to perhaps buy more expensive products and take a loss in the future, if its necessary, and it feels that newborns need a break in the prices (plus, idk, a possible earn money now, to pay the higher prices later). Either way, I think we might be coming to realise that our current practices are working against our end goals, which is to have a hoard of goods in the TH for the lean times. ^^ Something to think about.

I have also been thinking about level 2 workshops and why they might not be producing the goods consistently. Im not sure how much of an issue that is? But I do know that my goods sell faster than I can make them really. However part of that is keeping committed to ensuring my fields rotate as fast as possible so there is corn and wheat on the market. Which means not waiting for someone to take my field jobs and working them myself, which means 6 out of every 10 days I am working in my fields, leaves me 4 days to produce workshop goods, as I am a carpentar, also 4 days to gather wood. The only way I sustain momentum is get my same friend to chop wood for me. If I did not have him, I wouldn't be able to do what I do though. :/
Lorthem

Post by Lorthem »

Thanks for adding to our discussion Logo! Your welcome anytime you have words of wisdom to add!

On the note of workshops Ive noticed something odd today when I was placing some items on the market. Finished goods in some areas are overpriced. I only noticed this as I was working on the pricing of goods for my Forge when I seen that an item being sold will net the blacksmith in question 35 Freznics after production costs.

Ironically it seems some finished goods are already priced upwords like they should be, but perhaps they are priced up a tad bit to much. Though given that it is a luxury good perhaps the pricing is appropriate. :lol:

Still Im all for raising the prices up a little bit as Logo said, and I believe has been touched on slightly it will increase the prosperity of our town and people. Morghain already does keep some cap items out there to help with pricing, perhaps we can simply work out all the math here so that we know what prices we would like to aim for on each good. With current labor costs we should have corn trending between 3.30 and 3.60 Freznics for example.

Additionally Im going to begin working on a pledge sheet for Town Hall donations to help encourage donations for the future stability of the market should something happen. I for one will begin sending 2 bags of corn from each havest, as well as dedicating anywhere of 2-4 Butcher Knives per week. Im sure Ill be willing to do more then that but for now I think it an adequate pledge.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I guess that person is asking for a 35 frez wage then.

I can donate like that after I get enough funds to go to level 3 and not beforehand, my production and goods making has reached its absolutely limit as it is, to try and be beneficial to the town and its market. And now I have managed to sign myself up for gaurd duty once a week too. :?

^^
Lorthem

Post by Lorthem »

Well ultimately Lethe the desire to raise a few prices here and there will net all producers a slight increase in their weekly incomes. But I completely understand your desire. I think the fact that your contributing to this discussion, are assisting with the production market, and you have now signed up for guard duty more then shows your dedication to Imperius!

So I say thanks to you, and everyone else whom have stepped up with thoughts on this matter be they a resident or not!
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

Lethe if you dont have time to guard you can always ask to take that day off i dont mind if someone wants to take the day off or something
Thanks for the signature and in memory of its creator Chelle (RIP)
Lorthem

Post by Lorthem »

Vulkan you could perhaps make a rotation list to post up in your office or something? Assign everyone one a day or two in which to garrison the hall? I dont mind to do it as I stated somewhere else (cant remember where) but Id rather have specific days in which to do it to work it into my job rotations.

Just a thought.
Vulkan

Post by Vulkan »

well if people want to do it then i will contact them and ask them what days they are up for
Thanks for the signature and in memory of its creator Chelle (RIP)